Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2024 Republican Primary Who would you choose and why
Donald Trump 27 25.23%
Mike Pence 6 5.61%
Ron DeSantis 47 43.93%
Adam Kinzinger 13 12.15%
Ted Cruz 2 1.87%
Liz Cheney 12 11.21%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 09:53 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Adam Kinzinger, We need someone younger, a moderate with a different perspective, not attached to anyone, military experience.

I could vote for him. He is only one of the very few that I would consider in the GOP though.
I am not a Republican anymore though....I was from 1976 to 2016. I consider myself a Moderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 09:54 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Can We stop the comedy. Kinzinger and Liz Cheney have NO shot in the Republican party. Cheney is done in the party in her own state and Kinzinger knew when to pack it up. I have a better shot being the lead singer in a boy band and I'm 51 and can't sing or dance.

Old 05-28-2022, 11:26 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I could vote for him. He is only one of the very few that I would consider in the GOP though.
I am not a Republican anymore though....I was from 1976 to 2016. I consider myself a Moderate.
Yeah, the Republican Party is pretty much done for in everything but name. They might as well just go ahead and change the name to The Trump Party and make it official.

RIP GOP

Old 05-28-2022, 11:29 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
What about Nikki Hay or Tim Scott, for example?
Desantis, with either of these for VP. RD has shown good sense and the backbone to stand up to the radical left

Old 05-28-2022, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Yeah, the Republican Party is pretty much done for in everything but name. They might as well just go ahead and change the name to The Trump Party and make it official.

RIP GOP
So dramatic. The only thing dead and RIP is the Bush dynasty and neo con doctrine. That's done and for the better. The GOP has 28 governorship to 23 for the Dems.

As of 5/2022 Republicans controlled 54.35% of all state legislative seats nationally, while Democrats held 44.37%. Republicans held a majority in 62 chambers, and Democrats held the majority in 36 chambers. GOP will take control of Congress in a red wave in 6 months and the Senate is 50-50 tied and have a 6-3 majority in the S.C. How is the GOP done?

TDS makes people say weird things.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:20 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So dramatic. The only thing dead and RIP is the Bush dynasty and neo con doctrine. That's done and for the better. The GOP has 28 governorship to 23 for the Dems.

As of 5/2022 Republicans controlled 54.35% of all state legislative seats nationally, while Democrats held 44.37%. Republicans held a majority in 62 chambers, and Democrats held the majority in 36 chambers. GOP will take control of Congress in a red wave in 6 months and the Senate is 50-50 tied and have a 6-3 majority in the S.C. How is the GOP done?

TDS makes people say weird things.
So many are Republicans in name only. They can call themselves Republicans but they seem to owe their allegiance to Trump, not to the Republican Party or to the United States. So why not be honest and change the party name to The Trump Party and call proudly themselves Trumplicans?

Old 05-29-2022, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
So many are Republicans in name only. They can call themselves Republicans but they seem to owe their allegiance to Trump, not to the Republican Party or to the United States. So why not be honest and change the party name to The Trump Party and call proudly themselves Trumplicans?

They don't have TDS. The party is a lot bigger than 1 person and Trump isn't on every GOP ballot. That kills your myth.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
No one but Paul.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:56 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I like Trump but I do not think he should run again. I do think he could get this country back on track after the Biden disaster BUT I actually worry for him given the levels of HATE the Democrats have for him. They threw everything they had at him and if he gets in office again I'm afraid that Baron might be robbed of his Dad.
Criticism isn't hate, and it isn't just Democrats criticizing him.

Hate takes energy.

Trump isn't worth the energy it would take to hate him.

Quote:
Desantis is the best choice IF he wants to run that is. Desantis has the same mindset as Trump does
No, he doesn't.

He's similar policy wise, which isn't the same thing.

DeSantis cares about having character.

Trump doesn't care about having character.

Quote:
which is GREAT or America but he has the polish to not be so abrasive in delivering the message.
It isn't 'abrasiveness' or 'personality', it's a lack of character.

Quote:
I also like Ted Cruz.

Who knows who will run in 2024 but what is certain is that he will be cast as the biggest Racist, Totally against the Rights of Women and minorities and the greatest threat to our Democracy etc etc etc ... blah blah blah and the Left will go to work destroying him.
Cruz didn't even stand up properly for his own wife re Trump's unpresidential lambasting of her.

With not properly stand up for his own wife, among other reasons, I don't trust him with the country.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They don't have TDS. The party is a lot bigger than 1 person and Trump isn't on every GOP ballot. That kills your myth.

No, it doesn't.

Because what matters is whether a person lowered themselves to vote for Trump when he was on the ballot, not if he's on a particular ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections