Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2024 Republican Primary Who would you choose and why
Donald Trump 27 25.23%
Mike Pence 6 5.61%
Ron DeSantis 47 43.93%
Adam Kinzinger 13 12.15%
Ted Cruz 2 1.87%
Liz Cheney 12 11.21%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 07:39 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You lean towards Adam Kinzinger and say Trump is done? Who chooses to retire because he doesn't want to lose the primary in his own state? Then you say you made this poll to make it realistic? How is Adam Kinzinger realist in coming top 10 in the GOP primary, let alone win it all?
I didn't want to include a long list of celebrities just people in the news now. Adam and Liz are the most moderate Republicans we can use that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
It seems like a somewhat random list. Trump and DeSantis I get, even though I question whether DeSantis would throw his hat in the ring in 2024 given what his wife is going through. But neither Kinzinger nor Cheney has made any hints at wanting to run to my knowledge. What about Nikki Hay or Tim Scott, for example?
It's early just wanted to see what people are thinking. 2024 is going to be a big election that's for sure.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I could vote for him. He is only one of the very few that I would consider in the GOP though.
I am not a Republican anymore though....I was from 1976 to 2016. I consider myself a Moderate.
Same here, I am a Moderate Democrat and we need a Moderate President. I vote who I think will do the best last Republican I voted for was George Bush Sr.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:01 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Adam and Liz are the most moderate Republicans we can use that.

Stop with the joke! Moderate Republicans? For a person that has admitted voting Democrat for over 30 years, you don't know much what is a moderate from the left standpoint.

How is a Cheney a moderate Republican? Because she hates Trump. She is a neo-con for endless wars and endless occupations and endless droning people around the world. How is that moderate on either side? her foreign policy falls easily on the definition of war crimes.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Stop with the joke! Moderate Republicans? For a person that has admitted voting Democrat for over 30 years, you don't know much what is a moderate from the left standpoint.

How is a Cheney a moderate Republican? Because she hates Trump. She is a neo-con for endless wars and endless occupations and endless droning people around the world. How is that moderate on either side? her foreign policy falls easily on the definition of war crimes.
Those two are the closest to moderate in the Republican Party right now this is just an early list to see what people are thinking. Surprised Cruz and Trump aren't doing as well and a couple other people like Adam.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Those two are the closest to moderate in the Republican Party right now this is just an early list to see what people are thinking. Surprised Cruz and Trump aren't doing as well and a couple other people like Adam.

Another bad post. What makes them "moderates?" You haven't named 5 policies that makes them moderates.

Cruz would be re-elected in Texas today and Trump would win the primary today or come 2nd at worst. How is that not doing as well? That's a lot more I can say for Liz who is going to lose her seat in a landslide in a few months. Why you put them 2 in your list is laughable.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:16 AM

5,895 posts, read 3,896,291 times
The only person I would support is Rand Paul and he is not on that list.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:51 AM

23,536 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Trump is the only person qualified by vision, innovation, practicality and successful record to deal with the poison pills the dems have forced down the throat of America.

What you going to do with tens of thousands pf illegal with court dates into the future who will be denied asylum. Open borders and all the damage it has caused. Repair relationships with foreign nations, peace inthe ME, energy independence, increased prosperity for all.

Who on that list has the ability to lead and solve problems some of which we have never seen intentionally imposed upon our country?? Only Trump.

No Trump, the country is lost.

Trump is the man for the time.

Old 05-30-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
The only person I would support is Rand Paul and he is not on that list.
Thanks for posting

I Forgot to include-Other

Just wanted to see what people are thinking. I would like to see Retired Admiral William H. McRaven the author of Make Your Bed run. I don't see that happening though.

Old 05-30-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Just wanted to see what people are thinking. I would like to see Retired Admiral William H. McRaven the author of Make Your Bed run. I don't see that happening though.

Why because he is a good motivational speaker? do you know anything about his politics and what issues he supports or you vote for people for style of speaking or that he wore a uniform?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections