Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2024 Republican Primary Who would you choose and why
Donald Trump 27 25.23%
Mike Pence 6 5.61%
Ron DeSantis 47 43.93%
Adam Kinzinger 13 12.15%
Ted Cruz 2 1.87%
Liz Cheney 12 11.21%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 09:34 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times

Advertisements

Ron DeSantis - he has shown strength in the face of criticism, displayed sharp mental acuity at all times, is willing to make decisions, researches issues before declaring policy, and he doesn’t have Trump’s personal and social flaws. Plus, by God, he’s not older than me. We need young blood.

Would love to see Tim Scott as his VP.

That said, I will vote for the Republican most able to defeat Trump in the primary. We can have Trump’s policies without Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I voted for Ted Cruz but I doubt he'll get the nomination or could win the presidency? I've always admired him for his knowledge on Constitutional matters. I voted for him in the Republican primary in 2016. As a true Constitutional Conservative I'd really like to see him on the Supreme Court. That's in his wheel house. Except for Kinzinger and Cheney, I'd be okay with all the of others on that list. I really like Ron DeSantis and I think that he stands the best chance of winning the presidency. I'd love to see Kristi Noem or even Winsome Sears throw their hats in the ring.
Winsome Sears is ineligible to be president, she was born before her family immigrated here and was originally a Jamaican citizen.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:59 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Ron DeSantis - he has shown strength in the face of criticism, displayed sharp mental acuity at all times, is willing to make decisions, researches issues before declaring policy, and he doesn’t have Trump’s personal and social flaws. Plus, by God, he’s not older than me. We need young blood.

Would love to see Tim Scott as his VP.

That said, I will vote for the Republican most able to defeat Trump in the primary. We can have Trump’s policies without Trump.

Winsome Sears is ineligible to be president, she was born before her family immigrated here and was originally a Jamaican citizen.
I agree 100%. Trump had policies that gave us the lowest unemployment in history and helped free us from reliance on foreign energy. Yep, he was an Azz, but those who can't recognize the good that he did are fools.

Hopefully Ron DeSantis can give us Trump results without Trumps divisiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 01:10 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,603,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I didn't want to include a long list of celebrities just people in the news now. Adam and Liz are the most moderate Republicans we can use that.

While I just looked at Adam for the first time, he looks good. That is the Republican style I would like to see.

Old 06-04-2022, 01:45 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I agree 100%. Trump had policies that gave us the lowest unemployment in history and helped free us from reliance on foreign energy. Yep, he was an Azz, but those who can't recognize the good that he did are fools.

Hopefully Ron DeSantis can give us Trump results without Trumps divisiveness.
While I will never be a card carrying member of the Ron DeSantis fan club, I would sleep a whole lot better with him as President that I would with Trump back in again.

Old 06-04-2022, 02:49 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
I am not a 100% in with Adam Kinzinger but from all the the interviews I have seen he seems the most reasonable, 2024 is still a long way off. I liked Biden over Trump and his lack of response to Jan 6 confirmed I made the right decision. Biden is too old and frail so I am open to anyone, if I like them. Otherwise I will do a wright in candidate Dwight D. Eisenhower.

https://www.country1st.com/

Old 06-04-2022, 05:35 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He's too liberal on environmental issues, though.

Old 06-04-2022, 06:48 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
He's too liberal on environmental issues, though.
Tourism and recreation are extremely important to Florida, and fossil fuel production jobs are not. I'm sure DeSantis is very aware that other red states have different economic priorities, and doesn't expect what works for Florida to be fully replicated elsewhere. I really don't think "too liberal" and DeSantis belong in the same sentence.

And as much as some Trump loyalists deny reality, only one Republican has a track record of losing the presidency to Joe Biden. Other Republicans can bring about conservative policy without the personal craziness and never ending controversy.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:50 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
While I will never be a card carrying member of the Ron DeSantis fan club, I would sleep a whole lot better with him as President that I would with Trump back in again.
I'm not even a Republican, and I'd sleep more soundly knowing Desantis was President than Trump. I may disagree with Desantis on general principles-but at least from the outside, he certainly seems to be deliberate, methodical, disciplined, and competent.

Random, crazy, and corrupt is no way to run a country...

Old 06-05-2022, 06:23 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Liz Cheney?? seriously?? never in a million years.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:53 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post

And as much as some Trump loyalists deny reality, only one Republican has a track record of losing the presidency to Joe Biden. Other Republicans can bring about conservative policy without the personal craziness and never ending controversy.
Silly post and far from reality. Every Republican President once office will get constantly attacked with controversies and with craziness. Democrats with the media will attack whoever is the GOP President. If they made Judge Kavanaugh into a serial rapist since High School with NO evidence for a hearing imagine what they would do to Desantis for 1 full term.

To pretend Democrats will allow a Republican President to have a normal presidency and respect them is on crack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections