Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2024 Republican Primary Who would you choose and why
Donald Trump 27 25.23%
Mike Pence 6 5.61%
Ron DeSantis 47 43.93%
Adam Kinzinger 13 12.15%
Ted Cruz 2 1.87%
Liz Cheney 12 11.21%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 03:45 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times

Advertisements

Adam Kinzinger, We need someone younger, a moderate with a different perspective, not attached to anyone, military experience.

Last edited by OpinionExperience; 05-28-2022 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 03:46 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Ron DeSantis

Old 05-28-2022, 04:10 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I like Trump but I do not think he should run again. I do think he could get this country back on track after the Biden disaster BUT I actually worry for him given the levels of HATE the Democrats have for him. They threw everything they had at him and if he gets in office again I'm afraid that Baron might be robbed of his Dad.

Desantis is the best choice IF he wants to run that is. Desantis has the same mindset as Trump does which is GREAT or America but he has the polish to not be so abrasive in delivering the message.

I also like Ted Cruz.

Who knows who will run in 2024 but what is certain is that he will be cast as the biggest Racist, Totally against the Rights of Women and minorities and the greatest threat to our Democracy etc etc etc ... blah blah blah and the Left will go to work destroying him.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:12 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
NONE of those people.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I like Trump but I do not think he should run again. I do think he could get this country back on track after the Biden disaster BUT I actually worry for him given the levels of HATE the Democrats have for him. They threw everything they had at him and if he gets in office again I'm afraid that Baron might be robbed of his Dad.

Desantis is the best choice IF he wants to run that is. Desantis has the same mindset as Trump does which is GREAT or America but he has the polish to not be so abrasive in delivering the message.

I also like Ted Cruz.

Who knows who will run in 2024 but what is certain is that he will be cast as the biggest Racist, Totally against the Rights of Women and minorities and the greatest threat to our Democracy etc etc etc ... blah blah blah and the Left will go to work destroying him.
Thanks for your descriptive reply. We need change I think we can all agree upon that. Hard Left and Hard Right by they older generation is just the same old stalemate in my opinion.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:26 PM

455 posts, read 307,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I also like Ted Cruz.

I agree. I like President Trump's policies, and he could turn the country around and get us back on the right track, but he's too polarizing. The left would destroy the country to stop him.

Senator Cruz would be a good choice, but he's never been a chief executive. That's a learned skillset and requires not only leadership, but also making deals and sometimes swallowing bitter pills to get the job done. Senators don't have that skill as evidenced by the current installed mistake.

Governor De Santis would be hands down the best choice as an experienced executive leader, and a proven track record of getting things done. He's much more articulate than President Trump, much younger, and appeals to a broad spectrum of American citizens outside the Republican base because of his defense of families and children.

I'd vote for any of them, but would prefer Governor DeSantis.

That statement references the individuals I noted. I'm not that fond of Vice President Pence, and would never even under torture vote for Liz Cheney for even dog catcher.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
NONE of those people.
Thanks for your reply.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
I agree. I like President Trump's policies, and he could turn the country around and get us back on the right track, but he's too polarizing. The left would destroy the country to stop him.

Senator Cruz would be a good choice, but he's never been a chief executive. That's a learned skillset and requires not only leadership, but also making deals and sometimes swallowing bitter pills to get the job done. Senators don't have that skill as evidenced by the current installed mistake.

Governor De Santis would be hands down the best choice as an experienced executive leader, and a proven track record of getting things done. He's much more articulate than President Trump, much younger, and appeals to a broad spectrum of American citizens outside the Republican base because of his defense of families and children.

I'd vote for any of them, but would prefer Governor DeSantis.

That statement references the individuals I noted. I'm not that fond of Vice President Pence, and would never even under torture vote for Liz Cheney for even dog catcher.
Thanks for your explanation of where you stand.

I lean towards Adam Kinzinger over everyone else, I think Trump is old republic and that ship has sailed he will have his place in history, everyone else is eligible. I made this poll to keep it realistic and include everyone that might be reasonably eligible for a run.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:07 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post

I lean towards Adam Kinzinger over everyone else, I think Trump is old republic and that ship has sailed he will have his place in history, everyone else is eligible. I made this poll to keep it realistic and include everyone that might be reasonably eligible for a run.

You lean towards Adam Kinzinger and say Trump is done? Who chooses to retire because he doesn't want to lose the primary in his own state? Then you say you made this poll to make it realistic? How is Adam Kinzinger realist in coming top 10 in the GOP primary, let alone win it all?

Old 05-28-2022, 09:50 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
It seems like a somewhat random list. Trump and DeSantis I get, even though I question whether DeSantis would throw his hat in the ring in 2024 given what his wife is going through. But neither Kinzinger nor Cheney has made any hints at wanting to run to my knowledge. What about Nikki Hay or Tim Scott, for example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections