Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:42 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,081,283 times

Advertisements

It is the fact that he has said he has no regret about what he did that is so bad. In teh end he cares nothing except for himself can hurt alot of others.Obama like anyone will be judged by his associations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,248,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

He said in the NYT on the morning of 9/11 that they should have bombed more.
Im not defending or criticizing Bill Ayers, but, No, no, no.
As many will recall, publication of Ayers’s Fugitive Days – a book that celebrated, among other things, the Weather Underground’s 1972 bombing of the Pentagon — coincided directly with the September 11th tragedies. Ironically, the New York Times had run a glowing profile of Ayers and Dohrn (a puff for the book) that very morning. The piece featured a color photo of the affluent, middle-aged couple holding hands beside a headline that read: “No Regrets for a Love of Explosives.” Halfway down the column, Ayers told the Times’s Dinitia Smith: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.”
Media Matters

Im not defending or criticizing Bill Ayers. I'm just setting that 9/11 implication straight.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:06 PM

9,913 posts, read 10,859,516 times
Quote:
Typical liberal garbage.

Ahhh. The former-terrorist is not such a bad guy. He has redeemed himself, give him a break. He's a fine upstanding citizen, with a family and children, living the American dream.

I wonder how the families of those he and his wife killed are doing?
He may have killed people but that doesnt mean he Hated them does it?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,422,331 times
That "we didn't do enough" is a soundbite.

Ayers was asked in a January 2004 interview, "How do you feel about what you did? Would you do it again under similar circumstances?" He replied:[24] "I've thought about this a lot. Being almost 60, it's impossible to not have lots and lots of regrets about lots and lots of things, but the question of did we do something that was horrendous, awful? ... I don't think so. I think what we did was to respond to a situation that was unconscionable." On September 9, 2008, journalist Jake Tapper reported on the comic strip in Bill Ayers's blog explaining the soundbite: "The one thing I don't regret is opposing the war in Vietnam with every ounce of my being.... When I say, 'We didn't do enough,' a lot of people rush to think, 'That must mean, "We didn't bomb enough ****."' But that's not the point at all. It's not a tactical statement, it's an obvious political and ethical statement. In this context, 'we' means 'everyone.'"[25][26]

and no one was killed

Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds - it caused 'tens of thousands of dollars' of damage. The operation cost under $500, and no one was killed or even hurt. [13]

from what I found,..... non partisan (I hope) source.

He did tick a lot of people off and cause damage to property.

Later in 1969, Ayers participated in planting a bomb at a statue dedicated to riot police casualties in the 1886 Haymarket Riot confrontation between labor supporters and the police.[9] The blast broke almost 100 windows and blew pieces of the statue onto the nearby Kennedy Expressway.[10] (The statue was rebuilt and unveiled on May 4, 1970, and blown up again by other Weathermen on October 6, 1970.[11][10] Rebuilding it yet again, the city posted a 24-hour police guard to prevent another blast.[10]) Ayers participated in the Days of Rage riot in Chicago in October 1969, and in December was at the "War Council" meeting in Flint, Michigan. Larry Grathwohl, an FBI informant in the Weatherman group from the fall of 1969 to the spring of 1970, thought that "Ayers, along with Bernardine Dohrn, probably had the most authority within the Weatherman"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

Last edited by msina; 10-11-2008 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: forgot link

Old 10-11-2008, 05:59 PM

68,379 posts, read 54,619,138 times
Quote:
Typical liberal garbage.

Ahhh. The former-terrorist is not such a bad guy. He has redeemed himself, give him a break. He's a fine upstanding citizen, with a family and children, living the American dream.

I wonder how the families of those he and his wife killed are doing?

Typical Neo-Confused tunnel vision

Do you also wonder how the families of those killed by Libyan government sponsored terroism are doing? And why those very same sponsors of murder are now considered fine upstanding citizens? How the families of the 58,000 killed in Vietnam, a misguided war of choice are doing? And why those responsible aren't held up as the criminals they were?

Too bad Ayers doesn't have oil in his back yard, all the whiney Neo-Confused would be kissing his butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections