Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 10:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I gave up voting in CA. The last time I voted, I turned in the ballot at the local library at 11:00AM and the results were announced on the news at 5PM. There was no way they could have counted my vote between 11AM and 5PM. My conclusion is they already picked the winners and disregarded votes that came in later.
Counts are reported all day long.

The news organizations can project winners (if they are inclined) when the votes are far enough along. The official count is different and can take longer, but anyone can make an estimate.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:31 AM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times
Hmmm, Kevin McCarthy has been elected every term since 2006.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:55 PM

1,139 posts, read 449,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
In the Los Angeles mayor election Caruso was well ahead. He is registered as a Democrat as a Republican stands no chance in Calif. but he was a Republican although a very moderate one.
A week after the election now Democrat Bass is ahead.
No politics allowed in the LA forum that's why here.
Well you better get used to it. Once the fox gets a taste of one chicken on the farm, no chicken on the farm is ever safe again. In my opinion democrats have learned they can steal elections, thus no election will ever be legit again. I am afraid the midterms are going to be quite the eye opener when the democrats manage to win many critical seats in the middle of the night. I hope I am wrong, but have a feeling the battle for the nation is lost.

Gas prices are soaring to new records almost daily, the inflation rate is skyrocketing, we have food and other supply shortages, interest rates are headed up and all the democrats do is have phony hearings about some minor protest on January 6th. During this hearing they don't bother to mention the murder of an unarmed female veteran shot dead by a capital police officer. He was cleared, the incident forgotten and non stop BS coverage about some alleged insurrection drones on nonstop. The masters say forget the BLM riots, the crime in the streets, the damage to the economy and other problems they have caused, and focus on the silly side show in DC.

This is the inevitable effect of rigged elections in banana republics. Welcome to the newest third world country, the United States of America.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:55 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Nah.
Oregon went to nothing but mail-in ballots, and Republicans are still winning their elections in the 2/3 of the state that isn't coastal.

Once they got used to the change, Repubs in Oregon don't complain about the balloting.

Voting by mail allows the voters to make better decisions with fewer mistakes, and it doesn't interfere with the voter's time. And it costs the voters less money.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Faith and trust are gone after Democrats changed the election laws in 2019 that make it so easy for them to cheat.
Please cite these changes to election law that you're referring to.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Voting by mail allows the voters to make better decisions with fewer mistakes, and it doesn't interfere with the voter's time. And it costs the voters less money.
If you think voting isn't worth the time, then you shouldn't be voting anyway. Voting used to be citizens making decisions that, right or wrong, they felt were good for the nation. Now voting a team sport where partisans throw their allegiance behind a team and hope they get a payoff of some sort like "relief" checks.

Voting should be hard, inconvenient, require IQ testing, photo ID, and proof you are supporting yourself. If you can't hold a job, support yourself and follow the law, you have no business voting. Conflicts of interest like welfare recipients, drug dependents and criminals voting are a major part of the problems in the United States today.

Voting needs to be hard to do, not easy. I don't want people looking for the easy way setting the policies of the nation. I want people willing to go the extra mile for the country, not looking for the extra handout from the country, voting.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nah.
Oregon went to nothing but mail-in ballots, and Republicans are still winning their elections in the 2/3 of the state that isn't coastal.

Once they got used to the change, Repubs in Oregon don't complain about the balloting.

Good post.

As I said before Republicans have always done better with mail-in balloting than Democrats (in states where in-person voting was also an option). The angst about it is artificial, mainly generated by that scammer Trump (who always votes mail-in as well) ... but he could say almost anything and the rank and file would believe it.

So we get all those threads and posts about how bad it is, purely because people are hanging onto myths they have been fed. They want to believe it because if they stop believing it that alone can undermine the narrative about 2020 they bought into.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:14 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Well you better get used to it. Once the fox gets a taste of one chicken on the farm, no chicken on the farm is ever safe again. In my opinion democrats have learned they can steal elections, thus no election will ever be legit again. I am afraid the midterms are going to be quite the eye opener when the democrats manage to win many critical seats in the middle of the night. I hope I am wrong, but have a feeling the battle for the nation is lost.

Gas prices are soaring to new records almost daily, the inflation rate is skyrocketing, we have food and other supply shortages, interest rates are headed up and all the democrats do is have phony hearings about some minor protest on January 6th. During this hearing they don't bother to mention the murder of an unarmed female veteran shot dead by a capital police officer. He was cleared, the incident forgotten and non stop BS coverage about some alleged insurrection drones on nonstop. The masters say forget the BLM riots, the crime in the streets, the damage to the economy and other problems they have caused, and focus on the silly side show in DC.

This is the inevitable effect of rigged elections in banana republics. Welcome to the newest third world country, the United States of America.

Well one thing we certainly don't have a shortage of is tinfoii....

Old 06-17-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post

Voting should be hard, inconvenient, require IQ testing, photo ID, and proof you are supporting yourself. If you can't hold a job, support yourself and follow the law, you have no business voting. Conflicts of interest like welfare recipients, drug dependents and criminals voting are a major part of the problems in the United States today.

Says who? You?

Did you just make this up, or did you read that in the constitution?

Old 06-17-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Says who? You?

Did you just make this up, or did you read that in the constitution?
I would assume anybody with common sense. Why should people who are not willing to put the effort into getting to the polls be allowed to vote? Why should criminals be allowed to vote? Why should illegals be allowed to vote? Why should the chronic welfare recipients with no intention of ever working be allowed to vote?

I want the decisions made by hard working, tax paying, and law abiding people who value the right to vote enough to get off their butt and go do it in person. As to the The Constitution of the United States, don't throw it up to me unless you are 100% in favor of the 2nd Amendment. Liberals love to pick and choose. They are always talking democracy, which the United States is not. And The Constitution of the United States until they don't like what it says. Then they want it redefined even if it means packing the courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections