Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 10:06 AM

23,265 posts, read 29,113,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I think the country realizes now that voting based on "feelings" is a BAD idea.

EVERYTHING was better under Trump. Many people would recognize that.

Voting has always, always, always been based on emotions, left side of the brain shut down, very similar to religion. And that's never, ever going to change, worldwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 11:35 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,490,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Why are you so 1 sided and dismissive Trump and reality so much. Hillary winning the popular vote by 3 million came from California and it's worthless. Trump won 30 states to 20 for Hillary.

in 2020 Biden and Trump split 25 states each and 3 states decided the election (E.C) by less than 1.5% overall during a Pandemic. Popular vote count is worthless since it's EC that wins elections.

You think Biden has the same approval or close now like when he was running as a challenger in 2020? It's night and day.

If the election was held today Biden and Kamala would lose to Trump. It's amazing that the Democrats threw the kitchen sink at the Trump and still are at it and Trump would be very competitive today against Biden and Kamala and the favorite to win today in polls. Again, that says more about the Democrat party and the thin ice they stand on.
The Electoral College makes a Wyoming vote 80 times more meaningful than a California vote and a WV vote is worth 6 of my Pennsylvania votes. You almost got one right but a California vote isn`t Totally worthless. The GOP lost the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Why don`t the voters want your party?

Old 07-03-2022, 12:59 PM

13,555 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The Electoral College makes a Wyoming vote 80 times more meaningful than a California vote and a WV vote is worth 6 of my Pennsylvania votes. You almost got one right but a California vote isn`t Totally worthless. The GOP lost the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Why don`t the voters want your party?
You must have called in sick during American Civic or can't comprehend division of powers in the American system. The Executive branch is not the only branch of government or the most important.

As of July 2022.
GOP has 28 governors to 22 Democrats. I didn't know 22 was higher than 28.
GOP controls 54.27% of all state legislative seats nationally, while Democrats held 44.41%. I didn't know 44 was higher than 54.

Democrats has control of Congress but they will lose power in the midterms and only held majority for 4 years (very short time). The U.S. Senate is 50-50 tied. (I hardly call having 50% control in the Senate being unwanted ) and a chance to take majority in the midterms.

Democrats in the Presidential race has an advantage because of California. It's Democrat like 3 to 1. 1 state. Without California, Biden doesn't get to 270. Don't act like the nation is a 1 party country.

The American people don't like a 1 party system. That's why you see the numbers and division of power.

2000: Bush won 30 states Gore 20 states
2004: Bush won 31 states Kerry 19 states
2008: Obama won 28 states McCain 22 states
2012 Obama won 26 states Romney 24
2016: Trump won 30 states Hillary 20 states
2020: Biden won 25 states Trump 25 states
2024: ???????????

What gives the edge to the popular vote (meaningless) for 1 branch (Executive ) to the Democrats is California because it's so 1 sided in the state but overall by regions We are pretty much divided and I give the edge to the GOP on the state level of governorship and state legislative.

The 2 parties controls the country by regions. It's too big for 1 party control. So you are being disingenuous saying the whole country is Democrat. Biden and the Democrat party today are on very thin ice. It wouldn't be a surprise that Biden loses in 2024 or Kamala.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 07-03-2022 at 02:00 PM..

Old 07-04-2022, 09:49 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,995,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Will you skip voting in 2024 if Trump doesn't run or if he loses the 2024 primary?
Guess it depends on who the Republican nominee is. Republicans need to reverse much of what Biden has done so more than likely I will vote for a Republican in 2024 even if it isn't Trump. After '24 though I'll be through with both parties. I'll vote issues only unless a new party is able to get on the ballot that I can support.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:59 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,995,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Let`s see. Trump lost to "crooked Hillary" by 3 million votes and lost to Biden by 7 million. Do you think that his MAGA riot gained him a new following? You have God and Trump in the same sentence?
Inflation is not unique to this country. 19 Euro nations have 8.6% inflation and it`s unlikely that they are blaming Biden.
https://sentinelcolorado.com/uncateg...sing-the-euro/
How many of those votes were illegals voting in our presidential election? Besides we go by electoral votes. Electoral votes by the way that are inflated in states like California due to the millions of illegals living there.

Saying Trump lost to Biden by 7 million votes is laughable when anyone with more than two brain cells knows Democrats stole the election, along with, as I've already said, we have millions of illegals voting.

And you don't know anything about Trump's beliefs to dismiss his belief in God. Your entire post was nothing more than trolling. Bye, bye.

Old 07-08-2022, 03:08 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,062,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Wow. This is his highest level since leaving office:

https://www.electionbettingodds.com/

it's amazing that the sitting, incumbent president is THIRD in the betting odds now!

Also interesting is that the House odds are now over 90% and Senate over 75% for republicans.

I guess the bookies didn't get the memo that Trump is Orange Hitler and the people flatly reject him, especially since "Jan 6, the movie" came out?

Yes, bring the dumpster fire back for another nationally televised flogging!

Old 07-13-2022, 05:21 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,312,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Yep a man who was drawing crowds larger than the superbowl attendance into stadiums everyday sometimes multiple times a day lost to a man who can't couldn't attract more than 6 people listen to him talk, and put a cap onto his campaign at 3pm to sleep. The election was fraudulent and thats why Biden received an inconceivable 81M votes.
The Republicans have lost the national popular vote 7 of the last 8 times and fraud isn’t a factor. If you really believe in massive fraud, you need to broaden your news sources beyond the blogs that tell you what you want to believe is true.

Joe Biden didn’t need to be a charismatic candidate to get 81 M votes; he just needed to face the most divisive, polarizing candidate of all time.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:13 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,621,319 times
Trump wont run again, his big announcement that he has made his decision but yet doesn't say what it is, is just one final push to fleece his supporters for all the money he can before he says, I decided not to run.

He is afraid of losing the popular vote for a third consecutive presidential election. I think the only person Joe Biden can beat in 2024, is Donald Trump.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:02 PM

13,066 posts, read 9,592,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Trump wont run again, his big announcement that he has made his decision but yet doesn't say what it is, is just one final push to fleece his supporters for all the money he can before he says, I decided not to run.

He is afraid of losing the popular vote for a third consecutive presidential election. I think the only person Joe Biden can beat in 2024, is Donald Trump.
I hope you're right. As I've said before, he did a lot of good things, was a much better president that Biden ever thought about being, but he's just too devisive and I believe that Joe would beat him again. Or even Kamala. He's disliked that much.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:31 PM

13,555 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post

This is not 2020 and the Corona isn't saving Biden. Trump afraid? LMAO! He is made for this and loves it. You are in a bubble with Biden. Trump beats easily Biden and Kamala. Even Bill Maher admitted this on his show and he hates Trump.

Trump has good odds to win again, why would he be afraid? He either has to debate senile Joe or giggles Kamala. Why would Trump be afraid of that? After the Democrats threw the kitchen sink at him, he will have the chance to rub it on their faces. He would love to be on the platform again and say : " I TOLD YOU SO" and run on an all out fossil fuel platform to drill drill drill at home and cut gas taxes. Biden and Kamala made their beds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections