Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 01:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
To tell you the truth, at this point, I'm not so sure anyone can fix the damage that is being done right now. I know I'm typically overly pessimistic in general. But honestly. What this administration is doing is criminal and in another era, the entire nation would be in flames right now and guillotines would be working overtime. We would be having something akin to the "French Revolution." For better or worse. The founders of this nation fought a war for far less than we tolerate each day. But since our handlers keep our cage fairly clean, we are fairly well fed, and we are placated with all manner of "entertainment," we have been largely castrated and tranquilized.
This sounds like preparation for "Why We Couldn't Fix What We Complained About" should GOP take 2024 and be the responsible ones for the term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 01:33 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Trump says he was elected president in 2020, so he can't run again in 2024 according to his proclamation.

Thankfully.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:34 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Yep a man who was drawing crowds larger than the superbowl attendance into stadiums everyday sometimes multiple times a day lost to a man who can't couldn't attract more than 6 people listen to him talk, and put a cap onto his campaign at 3pm to sleep. The election was fraudulent and thats why Biden received an inconceivable 81M votes.
Is that the liberal tears you promised for the Nov 2020 election? Bwahahaha. Instead we got salty MAGA tears of denial.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:53 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
I won't vote for Trump in the primary if he decides to run, but I'd vote for him in the general against the Dems they'd likely trot out.

If a fiscal conservative Dem ran, they'd have my attention, but otherwise, I'd hold my nose & vote for Trump again.

I think Trump's Vegas odds increased because Biden & Harris are abject failures & unelectable in 2024, and somebody has to be President.

I prefer DeSantis, or Paul myself, but Paul could only win after the financial collapse, because that is when everybody would finally figure out that he's been right all along on big gov't expansion & over-spending.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:01 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I won't vote for Trump in the primary if he decides to run, but I'd vote for him in the general against the Dems they'd likely trot out.

If a fiscal conservative Dem ran, they'd have my attention, but otherwise, I'd hold my nose & vote for Trump again.

At this point, any "fiscally conservative" Dem would just be another trojan horse for the Woke Left. Remember when Biden was supposedly a "moderate"?

I resolutely believe that even considering voting Democrat at this point (at least at the national level), is just suicide.

After we decimate them in November, all that will be left of the Left (nyuk) shall be deep blue districts, with mentally deficient and coddled children akin to AOC and the Squad. And the '24 and '26 electoral maps look remarkably worse for them than this year.

Mainstream Dems (what's left of them) - and the Party as a whole - are about to be consigned to the political wilderness for a long time to come.

After the riots, the lockdowns, and the forced vaccinations; that barely any "moderate" Dem dared speak out against - voting Democrat is an act of self degradation and sheer foolishness.

Yep, the American people have had it with the "Democrats".

And ya gotta admit, the Dems sure did earn it.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:05 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This sounds like preparation for "Why We Couldn't Fix What We Complained About" should GOP take 2024 and be the responsible ones for the term.
Yeah, something like "fixing" the Titanic after getting opened up like a tin can by an iceberg. Or "fixing" the Hindenburg after the hydrogen ignited. I'm not going to say it absolutely cannot happen, but it's going to take a miracle and a hobbling of half the American populace (your half).

Old 06-23-2022, 02:05 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I'd take Trump again over any Democrat but would rather see some other GOP candidate. Any of the possibilities would handily defeat demented feeble Biden or any of the other imbeciles the Dems would run.

My problem with Trump is that he brings too much baggage with him. His policies are mostly fine, but his demeanor gets in the way, and we'd be in for another leftist media mental breakdown.
Even if DeSantis was the president, he'd get the same pushback. The left are evil and will make it tough for any repub president so I don't think personality has much to do with it. In fact DeSantis can be just as tough as Trump. He calls out the left all the time and doesn't put up with their crap. So any repub will bring g baggage. We need someone that loves the country and can get in there and help repair what is left of our country when we clean house.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, something like "fixing" the Titanic after getting opened up like a tin can by an iceberg. Or "fixing" the Hindenburg after the hydrogen ignited. I'm not going to say it absolutely cannot happen, but it's going to take a miracle and a hobbling of half the American populace (your half).
So...there's no plan.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Even if DeSantis was the president, he'd get the same pushback. The left are evil and will make it tough for any repub president so I don't think personality has much to do with it. In fact DeSantis can be just as tough as Trump. He calls out the left all the time and doesn't put up with their crap. So any repub will bring g baggage. We need someone that loves the country and can get in there and help repair what is left of our country when we clean house.
Neither is evil and both smear. Let's not pretend here.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:17 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So...there's no plan.
Was there a plan when the Hindenburg was crashing down in flames? (I'm sure some of the poor wretches were wishing they weren't there, but other than that...)

To be sure, I have a plan to straighten the country out. But it's wholly unworkable and very unsavory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections