Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 08:40 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

If your state voted today (6/28) and you voted today in person, what did turnout look like to you for a midterm primary? What state are you in? I realize you have no idea with regard to political party of the voters. I would just rather get the assessment of the voters on voter enthusiasm than the media's assessment. Want to know if you saw more or less people than in previous midterm primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 09:23 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
I'm resisting the temptation to check polls, etc., because my sense is you are looking more for anecdotal information. I am from Massachusetts, a very blue state, However, there are a lot of moderates, and there is a general tendency toward a Republican governor to counterbalance a too-blue legislature. Federally, we definitely skew blue. So primaries are important here, and while there seems to be an heir apparent for the Democratic nominee for governor (Maura Healey), the Republican nominee is less sure. The Trumpists seem to have chased out uber-popular incumbent Charlie Baker so will Trump-supported Geoff Diehl be the nominee or will a more moderate. New England-style Republicans get the nomination? Inquiring minds want to know. My prediction if Massachusetts voted today? Healey v. Diehl - Healey (D) wins. Healey v. Doughty - Doughty (R) wins. One person's opinion.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:52 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
There were no lines where I went into vote, though we do have several precincts in one location, there were some voters scattered around the gym and I did have one person come in right behind me in my Precinct. Polls opened here at 6PM and I voted around 8:45 and was the 6th person in my Precinct to vote out of approx 900 who are members of either party)

With that said, not sure if you can gauge that much into potential enthusiasm. There are two separate Primaries in NY this year and in this one neither the Democratic or Republican Primaries were really in doubt (perhaps some people though Andrew Giuliani might slightly make the GOP race with Zeldin competitive, but he never really had a shot)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections