Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 02:56 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Republicans shot themselves in the foot with the abortion ruling. When the GOP doesn’t win and loses senate seats like Ohio the blame should be shifted to the conservative justices and trump. They blew it.

And Biden and Democrats didn't shot themselves on both foot with the economy and incompetence? When you go to the gas station and grocery store people are telling you that they are real mad that Roe was taken to the states?

I'm sure all drivers at the gas station are saying "Damn, $125 to fill my car. That rogue court and sending Roe to the states pisses me off, I'm voting straight blue to keep Democrats in power while I walk to work since I can't afford gas."

Trump won OHIO twice and by 8% in 2020. You think Biden's policies and the economy will turn Ohio blue from the last 18 months because of a made up crisis over a real crisis?

If this keeps up liberals can't afford transportation to get abortions. Doctors have to come to the house.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:39 PM

It's funny how Democrats here say the Trump and Roe effect and totally ignore the Biden (actually in power) and the economy effect. Biden has lower approval than Trump and the economy ranks way higher than abortions. Why Democrats live in a bubble with their posts.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereamiF0 View Post
When you have murdochs and billionaires (like the koch bros, mercers, devos, chao (McC's wife)) supporting a coup complete with constant lying everywhere, people are suckers and don't reach out of their silo for reality.

Gas prices have been coming down for weeks and it's finally hitting the media. Biden can only do so much to bring down prices. I wouldn't say "Democrats are in power" - they don't control the Senate due to Manchin (his sister owns a pharmaceutical company). He has been bankrupt and obviously doesn't care about the people he represents other than big donors) and Sinema whose staff quit on her and McC promised authoritarians he had both of them and not to worry.

We don't know what the orange thing "won" because being backed by murdoch (fox, WSJ, NJ Post minimally) and social media and foreign adversaries who hack systems and lie isn't a free and fair election (back in 2016). The free and fair election happened in 2020 and it's now an ongoing coup that never stops.

This is what I mean Democrats in a bubble. They talk about money in the GOP but refuses to see the money in the Democrat party. 2016 elections NOT free or fair and 2020 elections free and fair. Is not Biden's fault. Got it.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:19 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,200,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
This is what I mean Democrats in a bubble. They talk about money in the GOP but refuses to see the money in the Democrat party. 2016 elections NOT free or fair and 2020 elections free and fair. Is not Biden's fault. Got it.
I know. Democrats say 2016 was a hacked election and of course all the bobble heads on Twitter and Meta nod up and down but God forbid you say that there was cheating in 2020 you cancelled forever.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:57 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times
It's hilarious watching the right-wingers try to compare 2016 to 2020.

- Hillary conceded defeat. Trump did not.
- There was 1 recount after 2016. There were something like a dozen recounts and audits after 2020, most of which were requested by Trump and his supporters, but after they showed Biden still won, none of which Trump and his supporters accepted as legitimate.
- Democrats did not threaten poll workers and election officials after the 2016 election. There were, and still are, many, many threats made by Trump supporters of election officials.
- Many democrats protested after Trump won in 2016, but they did not storm the US Capitol building in an effort to try to stop Trump's election from being certified, like some Trump supporters did after Trump lost 4 years later.

And so on, and so forth. The outrage expressed by democrats after Trump won in 2016 is like a puddle compared to the Pacific Ocean of outrage and denial by republicans after Trump lost in 2020.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:50 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

- There was 1 recount after 2016. There were something like a dozen recounts and audits after 2020, most of which were requested by Trump and his supporters, but after they showed Biden still won, none of which Trump and his supporters accepted as legitimate.
- Democrats did not threaten poll workers and election officials after the 2016 election. There were, and still are, many, many threats made by Trump supporters of election officials.
- Many democrats protested after Trump won in 2016, but they did not storm the US Capitol building in an effort to try to stop Trump's election from being certified, like some Trump supporters did after Trump lost 4 years later.

And so on, and so forth. The outrage expressed by democrats after Trump won in 2016 is like a puddle compared to the Pacific Ocean of outrage and denial by republicans after Trump lost in 2020.
I couldn’t agree more. Right now polls have the democrats likely keeping the house and increasing the senate seat count to 53.

I love the 2024 head to head poll showing Ron DeSantis losing to Kamala Harris.

Trump set the GOP on fire and it is burning out of control and to the ground. The Supreme Court decisions look to be the last straw. You have an 80 year old sitting president with low approval ratings. This should be a gimme runaway election. I just think the GOP sucks so bad as a party and is so toxic that it’s better to vote democrat than to vote these dip$h1t$ back in office.

Keep it coming…

Old 07-09-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I couldn’t agree more. Right now polls have the democrats likely keeping the house and increasing the senate seat count to 53.

I love the 2024 head to head poll showing Ron DeSantis losing to Kamala Harris.
Right now polls have the democrats likely keeping the house?????? Ron DeSantis losing to Kamala Harris.? This is too much of a comedy for 1 post. LMAO! Your name is really disingenuous. Independent thinking? LOL

Old 07-09-2022, 09:07 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Right now polls have the democrats likely keeping the house?????? Ron DeSantis losing to Kamala Harris.? This is too much of a comedy for 1 post. LMAO! Your name is really disingenuous. Independent thinking? LOL
Republicans are about 85-15 to win the House on Predictit. Slightly better implied odds than Vance, even. We can see a pattern emerging. People who actually put money on the outcome don't put the same stock in these BS polls that the DNC shills on here do. Imagine that!

Old 07-09-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Like all of Hillary's political career it's a fraud. She says whatever to the crowd she is speaking to. She called President Trump an "illegitimate President" for years after 2016 election.https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...40f_story.html

Clinton said the “best studies” show that “somewhere between 40[000] and 80,000 people were turned away from the polls” in Wisconsin because of the state’s voter ID law. Her office provided us with reports that did not support the figures she cited, and we could find no credible statewide estimate (A.P. News). BIG LIE
!

Clinton falsely claimed that “there were fewer voters registered in Georgia [in 2016] than then there had been those prior four years” in 2012. In fact, there were nearly 571,000 more registered voters in the 2016 election, state records show. More Big Lies

“I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from,” Clinton told the N.Y.T . SUPER BIG LIE!

The remarks are long because she lied for 4 years after the 2016 and the media and Democrats let her get away with it because it was part of the plan to question the 2016 elections and take lots of donations.

Hillary in August 2020 was telling Joe Biden in public: "Joe Biden should not concede the upcoming November election “under any circumstances” because she believes “this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don’t give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is.” Democrats were planning to not concede if they lost to have a long battle in the courts. The hypocrisy by Democrats is on the cuckoo level. Hillary in public was telling Joe to NOT concede if he lost. This was perfectly fine to the Democrat party. Imagine if any Republican said the same during before the election.

Trump in 2020 returned the favor and he played their game and Democrats cry foul. Only they can question elections and Presidencies when they lose. Trump just played their game and they don't like it and act like children in Toy R' Us.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Republicans are about 85-15 to win the House on Predictit. Slightly better implied odds than Vance, even. We can see a pattern emerging. People who actually put money on the outcome don't put the same stock in these BS polls that the DNC shills on here do. Imagine that!

It's impossible for Democrats to win the house without major fraud. For Democrats to keep the house, they have to win ALL toss up races (ALL!!!) and ALL save races and even that they are short. They have to win safe Republican races also.

Democrats live in a bubble. Reading their posts here it's like they live in fantasy land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections