Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 12:06 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Nope...of course he's not trying to run for public office representing Ohio either.
Well, I strongly disagree with your opinion that LeBron James isn't a "real Ohioan," and I think many Ohioans can identify with his story and with Vance's, both of which involve making good somewhere else and then coming home. I'm one such Ohioan.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:23 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Like all of Hillary's political career it's a fraud. She says whatever to the crowd she is speaking to. She called President Trump an "illegitimate President" for years after 2016 election.https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...40f_story.html

Clinton said the “best studies” show that “somewhere between 40[000] and 80,000 people were turned away from the polls” in Wisconsin because of the state’s voter ID law. Her office provided us with reports that did not support the figures she cited, and we could find no credible statewide estimate (A.P. News). BIG LIE
!

Clinton falsely claimed that “there were fewer voters registered in Georgia [in 2016] than then there had been those prior four years” in 2012. In fact, there were nearly 571,000 more registered voters in the 2016 election, state records show. More Big Lies

“I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from,” Clinton told the N.Y.T . SUPER BIG LIE!

The remarks are long because she lied for 4 years after the 2016 and the media and Democrats let her get away with it because it was part of the plan to question the 2016 elections and take lots of donations.

Hillary in August 2020 was telling Joe Biden in public: "Joe Biden should not concede the upcoming November election “under any circumstances” because she believes “this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don’t give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is.” Democrats were planning to not concede if they lost to have a long battle in the courts. The hypocrisy by Democrats is on the cuckoo level. Hillary in public was telling Joe to NOT concede if he lost. This was perfectly fine to the Democrat party. Imagine if any Republican said the same during before the election.

Trump in 2020 returned the favor and he played their game and Democrats cry foul. Only they can question elections and Presidencies when they lose. Trump just played their game and they don't like it and act like children in Toy R' Us.
Turn on a tv and watch the game being played right now at the J6 hearings. The score so far?
America 100
MAGA 0
Someone not named Hillary will be indicted.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:40 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Turn on a tv and watch the game being played right now at the J6 hearings. The score so far?
America 100
MAGA 0
Someone not named Hillary will be indicted.
Indeed. Looks like MAGA is going to die with the January 6th hearings. Trump is the worst ever and makes hillary and Nixon look like the beacon of honesty.

He should go to jail and be stripped of citizenship. He’s as vile as Jefferson Davis. King Traitor.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:54 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Indeed. Looks like MAGA is going to die with the January 6th hearings. Trump is the worst ever and makes hillary and Nixon look like the beacon of honesty.

He should go to jail and be stripped of citizenship. He’s as vile as Jefferson Davis. King Traitor.
As the CW was coming to it`s inevitable end, Lincoln was asked what should be done with the ringleaders of the traitor slave states. He expressed a hope that they would just leave the country. That works for me today.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:39 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
FWIW- this race looks like Clinton 2016. She had the Dem vote locked up but could not pull additional voters. When people hit the polls, I guarantee all the Rs will vote for Vance. Unless Ryan wins every single undecided independent, there are not enough votes to counter that. Ohio is basically a 5-8 pt R state.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:53 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
FWIW- this race looks like Clinton 2016. She had the Dem vote locked up but could not pull additional voters. When people hit the polls, I guarantee all the Rs will vote for Vance. Unless Ryan wins every single undecided independent, there are not enough votes to counter that. Ohio is basically a 5-8 pt R state.
I agree 100%. In a state that is far more Republican than the nation, there is no path for a Democrat to win a Senate race in the midterm of an unpopular Democratic president. The Big Orange Man will be gloating over Vance's victory in November, and he'll be entitled to do so since his endorsement enabled Vance to win the primary.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:04 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
...In a state that is far more Republican than the nation, there is no path for a Democrat to win a Senate race in the midterm of an unpopular Democratic president. The Big Orange Man will be gloating over Vance's victory in November, and he'll be entitled to do so since his endorsement enabled Vance to win the primary.

Ohio isn't totally red. Ohio currently has 1 Democrat Senator - Sherrod Brown.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:29 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Ohio isn't totally red. Ohio currently has 1 Democrat Senator - Sherrod Brown.
Brown was last up for re-election in 2018, which was in general a very favorable cycle for Democrats being the midterm of a Republican president. It's unlikely that he will be so fortunate in 2024 when Trump or another populist conservative Republican is on the top of the ballot, and characterizing a vote for any Democrat as supporting a "woke" or "radical" agenda. Increased polarization makes it very difficult to win in states that lean towards the other party, which objectively is true of Ohio.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:29 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Republicans shot themselves in the foot with the abortion ruling. When the GOP doesn’t win and loses senate seats like Ohio the blame should be shifted to the conservative justices and trump. They blew it.
They didn’t blow it. They ruled on the law. When the constitution does not explicitly guarantee a right to something it is kicked to the states. That is exactly what this Supreme Court did. It is sad that so many sheep are misinformed about how the Republic is built.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:36 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,978 times
As an Ohioan I will say that Tim Ryan is selling himself to voters the way he needs to, putting ads out that we need to bring jobs back to this country. He's brought up multiple issues that he's basically taking the Trump position on. Very slick. And he comes off well on a personal level, as a non-threatening nice guy. I'm not surprised he's up in the polls.

Having said that, Vance hasn't had any advertising yet where I live. My county, Lucas, is blue, so that could be part of it. As we get closer to the election I expect the polls to get very tight between Ryan and Vance. Still wish Trump hadn't endorsed Vance, his poll numbers more than doubled after he received the endorsement, jumping him over Mandel and another candidate. I believe Mandel would have won and been a better candidate, and even more importantly he was passionately for the issues he talked about, including securing the border and sending illegals back to their native lands.

Portman's seat will be a toss-up between these two. I fully expect the polls to be within the margin of error by October/early November, unless one of them shoots themselves in the foot beforehand (not literally of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections