Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 01:43 PM

13,689 posts, read 7,976,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Kelly is not going to win by 8% that's for sure. He won in 2020 by 2% and that was a pandemic year favoring the challenger. It will be a lot closer than the polls say.
The fact Masters is still in the race despite Kelly's massive advantage in advertising dollars should be worrying for Dems

2020 was a strange election year. 2022 will be a better gage on where AZ is politically-speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 06:41 PM

444 posts, read 321,659 times
Attached below is a link from an interview with Blake Masters on the Russell & Turner show from AM 550 Phoenix which aired this week -

https://kfyi.iheart.com/featured/rus...d-for-arizona/

Old 09-17-2022, 08:57 AM

13,235 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The TV attack ads against Masters are well done and non-stop. I see them almost nightly. Kelly has millions to spend.

Yet, Master is still within striking distance.

The Reps internal polling must show Masters close enough the race warrants funding:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-race-00056006
That was all part of his scrubbing and polishing being done by republicans attempt to rollback their messaging about abortion. I wonder if Master's will ultimately lose MAGA votes who are not happy with his pivot to the left. Politicians do pivot after the primaries going from a total ban even in case of rape or incest to only against late term and partial birth. Might as well call Master's a liberal those are the kind of things Democrats in moderate states used to say. I think Blake Masters is really out of touch with Arizona he was raised here but quickly left the state after going into collage. His statement on taking Social Security private was a dumb move in a state is full of retirees who generally vote at very high rates. There is no upside for a politician to even bring that subject up.

They are spending money on him it's a lost cause they probably want to see what effect it has in a swing state like Arizona. Kelly won't win by double digits this state is far from a liberal voting state like California.

Old 09-17-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That was all part of his scrubbing and polishing being done by republicans attempt to rollback their messaging about abortion. I wonder if Master's will ultimately lose MAGA votes who are not happy with his pivot to the left. Politicians do pivot after the primaries going from a total ban even in case of rape or incest to only against late term and partial birth. Might as well call Master's a liberal those are the kind of things Democrats in moderate states used to say. I think Blake Masters is really out of touch with Arizona he was raised here but quickly left the state after going into collage. His statement on taking Social Security private was a dumb move in a state is full of retirees who generally vote at very high rates. There is no upside for a politician to even bring that subject up.

They are spending money on him it's a lost cause they probably want to see what effect it has in a swing state like Arizona. Kelly won't win by double digits this state is far from a liberal voting state like California.
I agree. Yet, he's still in the race despite the SS ad and being massively outspent by Kelly. Why? My guess is it's not so much a show of support for Masters as it is being angry at the cost of food/gas. As well as a vote to keep the Dems from controlling the senate.

Those writing the checks wouldn't suddenly be giving him 5 million if they didn't think he could win. The Rep. party doesn't have a bottomless war chest which the Dems appear to possess.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:26 PM

13,235 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Quote:
I agree. Yet, he's still in the race despite the SS ad and being massively outspent by Kelly. Why? My guess is it's not so much a show of support for Masters as it is being angry at the cost of food/gas. As well as a vote to keep the Dems from controlling the senate.

Those writing the checks wouldn't suddenly be giving him 5 million if they didn't think he could win. The Rep. party doesn't have a bottomless war chest which the Dems appear to possess.
It's much like Martha McSally she only lost by small amount. I think Kelly will win by more this time then last time.

Old 09-19-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Trafalgar just came out with a new poll dated yesterday that has Kelly with just over a 1 percent lead. Too early to call this race, need to see the October debate between the two candidates.

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/news/az-sen-0918/

Old 09-19-2022, 10:05 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,408,994 times
IMO, Masters has some good beliefs/ideas.

But in the the end....he's just too wweeiirrdd.

He's NOT electable!

And I do NOT want him elected.

Kelly has it wrapped up and I rarely put my neck out on the line 6 weeks before any election.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgustav View Post
Trafalgar just came out with a new poll dated yesterday that has Kelly with just over a 1 percent lead. Too early to call this race, need to see the October debate between the two candidates.

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/news/az-sen-0918/

I suspect final polling will show the Masters/Kelly race within a margin of error.

As with most elections turnout will determine the outcome.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:37 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
I suspect final polling will show the Masters/Kelly race within a margin of error.

I agree. These polls that have Kelly by 9% or 8% is way off. That won't be the result.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:

I agree. Center Street PAC had a recent poll with a 20 point margin in favor of Kelly which was the skewing the race to Kelly significantly. No accuracy rating given on this pollster.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...enate/arizona/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections