Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 06:46 AM

1,602 posts, read 867,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It's Arizona were a swing state no one wins by 10-15% anymore. 10-15 years ago we could all say that Republican's would win by 10-20 points maybe even more no longer the case. Republicans need to moderate if they wish to win here things are changing. Republican's only amount to 34% of the voting population. There is a reason 33% of voters have chosen to register as an independent voter. Arizona GOP needs to get rid of Kelli Ward she is a drag on the party.

When Democrats sense they're in trouble, they always beg for Republicans to be more moderate. Someone I was listening to the other day referred to this as "principled loserdom." Mitt Romney was a Nazi, remember, until he became your favorite Republican.

I think it's clear that the Republicans are building a new coalition and the RINOs are out in the weeds. Good riddance.

The left has gone off the deep end, and a reckoning is coming. Where are the members of your party asking the Squad to moderate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 07:22 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
When Democrats sense they're in trouble, they always beg for Republicans to be more moderate. Someone I was listening to the other day referred to this as "principled loserdom." Mitt Romney was a Nazi, remember, until he became your favorite Republican.

I think it's clear that the Republicans are building a new coalition and the RINOs are out in the weeds. Good riddance.

The left has gone off the deep end, and a reckoning is coming. Where are the members of your party asking the Squad to moderate?
My Party I'm registered as a Independent voter I have no party. Your idea of Republicans building a new party here is nothing more than wishful thinking. Since 2018 there has been a big sucking sound from the hole left behind as voters flee the Arizona Republican party as voter registration in the party is at a all time low for Arizona Republican's. You want to shove RINO voters out of the party you end up with a minority control of the state Government.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:38 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Blake Masters has been destroyed by attack ads here. His webpage scrubbing incident involving sudden flipping on abortion bans to only banning partial-birth abortions, late term abortions has backfired on him.

Attack ads projecting him as a religious kook who wants to make woman subservient to men. He can't seem to shake that image.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../2022/arizona/
These fake polls always get it wrong, Masters will end up winning.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:56 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:

No, we don`t remember Mitt Romney being a Nazi. I`ll take that history class, but not the fantasies.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:

This is the new GOP, filled with MAGAs who think anyone who doesn't worship at the feet of the criminal con man is no longer a Republican. I hope the so-called RINOs (aka sane Republicans) are taking note of where their party is heading and decide to value the country over the cult. I guess it remains to be seen if they do or not.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Masters Gets More Support After McConnell Dumps Opportunity To Help Pick Up Arizona Senate Seat
https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/22...a-senate-seat/

Old 09-23-2022, 05:55 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Masters Gets More Support After McConnell Dumps Opportunity To Help Pick Up Arizona Senate Seat
https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/22...a-senate-seat/
Arizona will be a money dump this year. The Democrats will match the Republicans dollar for dollar in this race all the way to the end.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:05 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Arizona will be a money dump this year. The Democrats will match the Republicans dollar for dollar in this race all the way to the end.
By "Democrats" you mean Soros and all the Marxist dark money from China.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:21 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
By "Democrats" you mean Soros and all the Marxist dark money from China.
No. I mean Everybody. No one, large or small, famous or anonymous, is indifferent in this election.

Off-year elections have always been less important in the voter's minds than the Presidential elections.
Not this one.

2016 taught the Democratic Party a couple of important lessons; don't let hubris take winning for granted, and don't let the Republicans out-spend you again.

The GOP has gotten its funding for a long time from PACs, while individual contributions were the Democrat's financial backbone.

The big-money boys are staying out of this one on both sides this time.
Those who have given, have already given, so it will all be on the Democratic base to deliver once more, now that the race is entering its last lap around the track.
That's something the Democrats are very familiar with.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:52 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
If the economy continues to spiral down out of control for the next 6 weeks I wouldn't want to be any Democrat running for re-election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections