Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 01:29 PM

6,047 posts, read 2,856,281 times

Advertisements

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3833

From Quinnipiac: "In a hypothetical matchup in the race for U.S. Senate in Georgia between incumbent Senator Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker, voters give Walker 49 percent and Warnock 48 percent. Warnock won a Senate special runoff election in 2021 by 2 percentage points.

Voters have a mixed opinion of Warnock: 44 percent favorable, 42 percent unfavorable, and 13 percent haven't heard enough.

Voters have a favorable opinion of Walker: 42 percent favorable, 27 percent unfavorable, and 30 percent haven't heard enough."

I think this race will be a nail biter. But, I would give a slight advantage to Mr. Walker. It'll be a red wave year, this year, which will be just enough to get him across the finish line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 10:02 PM

13,282 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Latest poll show a tie Warnock starting to do better against Walker.

I don't think Walker will get the black turnout some think he will.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:11 PM

13,474 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Latest poll show a tie Warnock starting to do better against Walker.

I don't think Walker will get the black turnout some think he will.

Why because he is Republican? All Walker has to do is get a % of the black vote and he will win in GA which will be a Republican year and the governor will beat the gap tooth wonder. Not even Oprah can save her.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Why because he is Republican? All Walker has to do is get a % of the black vote and he will win in GA which will be a Republican year and the governor will beat the gap tooth wonder. Not even Oprah can save her.
That's what you said in 2020 what happened? Election conspiracy?

Old 06-27-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
That's what you said in 2020 what happened? Election conspiracy?
You think lighting strikes twice in a row in politics? Good luck. You Democrats really have no idea the red wave coming. Clueless.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:57 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,217,771 times
My expectation is that Kemp runs slightly ahead of Walker, but both are more likely than not to win. Incumbent governors tend to have an advantage, and for more moderate voters, Kemp's refusal to meddle with the 2020 election results has made supporting him more palatable.

And if Walker does win, it will be due more to mobilization of conservative voters - not black support. Warnock has very high recognition and credibility among this key constituency in Georgia.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
My expectation is that Kemp runs slightly ahead of Walker, but both are more likely than not to win. Incumbent governors tend to have an advantage, and for more moderate voters, Kemp's refusal to meddle with the 2020 election results has made supporting him more palatable.

And if Walker does win, it will be due more to mobilization of conservative voters - not black support. Warnock has very high recognition and credibility among this key constituency in Georgia.
Stacy Abrams questioned the 2018 GA Governor's race. Abrams has repeatedly claimed that the election was not fairly conducted and has declined to call Kemp the legitimate governor of Georgia. Abrams has claimed that she won the election and that the election was "stolen from the voters of Georgia". Warnock supports her.

It would be stupid for Democrats in GA to go after Walker for questioning the 2020 election when their 2 candidates questioned the 2018 GA election.

The reason Abrams and Warnock will have a tougher time is that they represent Biden's policies and the economy is down the toilet. Trump wasn't popular in 2020 in Georgia because of the pandemic and Biden isn't popular in GA because of economy. That's going to cost a few points for the Democrats which Warnock barely won by 2%. Walker is black and Loeffler was a white blonde. All Walker needs is a little of the black vote and he has the election because Walker is more likeable than Loeffler and Biden is on the ballot not Trump. The tables are turned.

My money is with Kemp and Walker.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You think lighting strikes twice in a row in politics? Good luck. You Democrats really have no idea the red wave coming. Clueless.
I'm not a democrat I would call myself more libertarian. Personally I don't care if a red wave comes all I want is Donald Trump to never hold office again. It would be a bonus if he went to prison, but I'm good with him just never holding any office again.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I'm not a democrat I would call myself more libertarian. Personally I don't care if a red wave comes all I want is Donald Trump to never hold office again. It would be a bonus if he went to prison, but I'm good with him just never holding any office again.

Then replace Biden and Kamala in 2024. Trump beats them both. For being a libertarian you really go only after 1 person and ignore the rest of the Democrat party in power and big government.

You are a libertarian but are not asking Biden and his son to go prison? yeah, thanks for your libertarian concern.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Then replace Biden and Kamala in 2024. Trump beats them both. For being a libertarian you really go only after 1 person and ignore the rest of the Democrat party in power and big government.

You are a libertarian but are not asking Biden and his son to go prison? yeah, thanks for your libertarian concern.
Biden was the only way to remove Trump I don't care what his son does, or what Biden does. If Trump runs and wins the GOP primary in 2024 I will be voting for anyone running against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections