Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:52 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, they mean the comments Obama operatives spun so they could accuse the Clintons of racism, huh? And, yes, by all means let them picket in front of the Clinton offices (and shops and condos) that the Clintons located in Harlem to revitalize that area. Perhaps the "whiteys" should take their investment money elsewhere and let the black community take over. After all, they've done such a stellar job making Harlem a desirable address!
Wow and triple wow, wow, wow wow. Ok I see it now Hillary moves from New York and heads to Texas so she can help liberate them from tyranny. The Texas Republic shall be saved by Hillary. That would be consistant with her previous history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 AM

Has anyone noticed that Bill and Hillary are mere puppets of Obama? You keep hearing people saying that he is putting words in their mouth and spinning. Sounds like a marrionette to me.
Davey Lives
Republic of Texas

Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Wow and triple wow, wow, wow wow. Ok I see it now Hillary moves from New York and heads to Texas so she can help liberate them from tyranny. The Texas Republic shall be saved by Hillary. That would be consistant with her previous history.
You know, her political style would work very well in Texas.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,042,517 times
Default Who owes WHO an apology???....

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I'm sure Hillary already understood who her constituents were... and their true feelings... prior to taking the position. She is not new to politics.

The anger and hatred was already there. This election has just allowed them to voice their true feelings....

I guess my question is why would anyone want to serve them... ?

At least the people of Appalachia appreciate the kindness of those who work for them.
It seems to me that it's her black constituents that owe Senator Clinton an apology...

Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Clinton must mend ties, N.Y. blacks say -- -- baltimoresun.com (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation/politics/bal-te.clinton26may26,0,3058734.story - broken link)

Even as she continues her longshot presidential bid, Sen. Hillary Clinton faces a political rift in New York, where black leaders say that her standing has dropped because of racially charged comments by her and her husband during the campaign.

Black elected officials and clergy based in New York City say Clinton will need to defuse resentment over the campaign's racial overtones if she returns to New York as a U.S. senator.

State Sen. Bill Perkins, who represents Harlem, said constituents phoned him recently because they wanted to demonstrate outside Bill Clinton's Harlem office over comments by the former president.

You go girl show them uppity people who you really are. We love you in Appalachia. You can resign there and move here with us the people you love and really want to represent. We are with you don't back down. Don't flip flop show your stuff ride in the back of a pick up truck with a gun rack down those New York streets.

Hillary may want to consider leaving New york and moving to West Virginia before her next senate campaign. I'm sure she's prepared to run in whatever state will have her.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:05 AM

I think Teatime wants Texas to become it's own country and she is part of the Republic of Texas movement. Hillary could become President of Texas when they become a country.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,396 times
Quote:
I think Teatime wants Texas to become it's own country and she is part of the Republic of Texas movement. Hillary could become President of Texas when they become a country.
Teatime is from Texas? Isn't Warren Jeffs from Texas too? or at least got some sort of polygamist sect HQ out there somewhere in the woods? Well, that being said, Texas does sound like place where Hillary could be elected a president or something of that nature!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:38 AM

I thought Teatime said that in another post. Oh well when they come on again they can correct if not right. I could be wrong but I thought.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Don't kid yourself;clinto will be the pweor in the democratic senate having won right at half the democratic popular vote and most big states.She also will have a major say in the democratic platform at the conventino if she wants.If she doesn't push it likely will mean she sees conditions that make a one term presidency likely.Hillary could not win in Teaxas same as Obama wouldn't this election.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:14 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Don't kid yourself;clinto will be the pweor in the democratic senate having won right at half the democratic popular vote and most big states.She also will have a major say in the democratic platform at the conventino if she wants.If she doesn't push it likely will mean she sees conditions that make a one term presidency likely.Hillary could not win in Teaxas same as Obama wouldn't this election.
Wow. Is this how people from Texas construct statements to make meangful paragraphs? Christ have mercy! but does anyone in here understand what this poster is trying to convey? What is the underlying message here? cause i have failed to obtain one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections