Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:42 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Obviously I don't know that at all.

You know what else? I don't appreciate being bullied and told I know something--when in fact I do not know that at all. How arrogant of you! That's the kind of presumption that has irked me about the Clinton campaign all along. It's the kind of problem you have when a candidate feels "entitled" to a job.

And here's something else that I hope the Clinton campaign learns. I didn't buy her pathetic explanation the first 10 times I heard it. Merely repeating it over and over and over won't change anything. You can say something a thousand times, that does not make it true. Just like she can deny something a thousand times, but denial will not keep it from happening.

When I said she permanently lost my support with this mistake, I meant it. And so did a lot of other people, no matter how much people try to tell them they should "know" something different.

I'm not a sheep. I think for myself. I research candidates and follow them for years. I know a Tonya Harding tactic when I hear it.
This is exactly how I feel......about Obama. Everything you said about Clinton describes how I feel about Obama and his sleazy associations with people. Hillary uses historical events to explain why she isn't quitting and uses a word you all jump on and you can't let it go. But Obama sat in a freaking church taking in the teachings and supporting a racist, bigot of a preacher and we're just supposed to forget that? His mother had communist leanings and he was around her as a child, but we aren't supposed to worry about how that shaped him? He wound up with a very expensive house he shouldn't have been able to afford thanks to Rezko but that's ok and not in any way negative on him? I honestly do not understand how so many people on this forum can view things in such black and white terms but only when it's against Hillary. You can't see any wrong doing in Obama when it's all over the place. Wow. It's going to be a long time until November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Hillary Clinton, Please Exit With Dignity, The Nation: She Should Drop Out Of The Race On June 4 - CBS News

Hillary has not enabled us to see, she has blinded us with ineptness and surrendering her commanding lead. Wow Wow Wow. Only history will be able to tell us how she fell so far.

Clinton made the mistake of running a top-down campaign in a rules-changing year, and acceding to a sexism within her campaign that advised her not to apologize for her disastrous vote supporting Bush's war resolution. Yes, she was in charge. She could have rejected the guys' advice. But Clinton appears to have bought into the idea that a Commander-in-Chief has to play by "men's rules"--and be tougher than the toughest. If she'd been smart and right, not strong and wrong, how in her right mind would she not have said, I made a mistake when I accepted the word of a man who, it is now widely accepted (except in FoxLand), lied us into a war that has gravely undermined the US's security? John Edwards managed to issue an apology--and he was dueling with a media that had pegged him as "the Breck Girl." Could it be that macho boys like Mark Penn and Bill Clinton counseled Hillary that if she issued honest regret she wouldn't be macho enough to be treated as a serious Commander-in-Chief?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
This is exactly how I feel......about Obama. Everything you said about Clinton describes how I feel about Obama and his sleazy associations with people. Hillary uses historical events to explain why she isn't quitting and uses a word you all jump on and you can't let it go. But Obama sat in a freaking church taking in the teachings and supporting a racist, bigot of a preacher and we're just supposed to forget that? His mother had communist leanings and he was around her as a child, but we aren't supposed to worry about how that shaped him? He wound up with a very expensive house he shouldn't have been able to afford thanks to Rezko but that's ok and not in any way negative on him? I honestly do not understand how so many people on this forum can view things in such black and white terms but only when it's against Hillary. You can't see any wrong doing in Obama when it's all over the place. Wow. It's going to be a long time until November.
Maybe if Hillary played fair she would have a different perception about her now.

From CBS news:
And at the end of the day, while Hillary Clinton has the grit, she ain't got the numbers. And the longer her fight drags on--with outlandish attempts to equate the status of the Michigan and Florida delegations with the fraudulent Zimbabwean elections or with the fraudulent Florida recount of 2000--the greater the disservice to the party, the people and the country.

Bill Clinton liked to say-and let me paraphrase-- we are a country in which people who play by the rules should get ahead.

The rules were the rules when the DNC laid them down to all the campaigns. At the time, the Clinton team, like all the others, agreed to abide by them. The rules are rules. Yet, in these last days, with Bill Clinton out there crying "coverup," it's as if Team Clinton has moved the goalposts so often, they're not even in the ballpark--they're somewhere out in the parking lot.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:21 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Hillary uses historical events to explain why she isn't quitting and uses a word you all jump on and you can't let it go. But Obama sat in a freaking church taking in the teachings and supporting a racist, bigot of a preacher and we're just supposed to forget that?
LOL, interesting argument. Hillary says something, that's ok. Obama hears something, that's bad.

Yeah, that's persuasive.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,178 times
Quote:
LOL, interesting argument. Hillary says something, that's ok. Obama hears something, that's bad.

Yeah, that's persuasive.
Of course that's they way they have been fine-tuned to process materials in Hillaryland.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:26 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,873 times
Quote:

Yeah, that's persuasive.
Yes and when you hear things over and over and over, they tend to get ingrained in your thoughts. And if he didn't agree with his pastor's teachings, he could have changed churches long before he threw him under the bus. But the Obamatrons will always find fault with EVERYONE else but him.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:44 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Yes and when you hear things over and over and over, they tend to get ingrained in your thoughts. And if he didn't agree with his pastor's teachings, he could have changed churches long before he threw him under the bus. But the Obamatrons will always find fault with EVERYONE else but him.
LOL, it's so true. The Clintons think if you hear something 1001 times that makes it true. And if you deny something 1001 times it won't happen. That's the whole basis of their strategy. So of course they would think if Barack heard something over and over he would be brainwashed!

I've got news for you. I listen to you guys post the same old arguments over and over. And over. And over. And over.

Have I become brainwashed? Sorry, not yet.
Have I thrown any of you under a bus? Do you think that's because I've become ingrained? Ha ha ha ha ha.
And guess what else is true--I haven't felt the need to leave this forum just because I disagreed with you.

But then again.... maybe I spoke too quickly.....

Oh wait--nevermind--it's happening!!! I'm becoming ingrained!

I heard it 1001 times so now I am brainwashed... I am a robot...
Must.Vote. Hillary. Woot!

Last edited by normie; 05-28-2008 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,315,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I'm sure Hillary already understood who her constituents were... and their true feelings... prior to taking the position. She is not new to politics.

The anger and hatred was already there. This election has just allowed them to voice their true feelings....

I guess my question is why would anyone want to serve them... ?

At least the people of Appalachia appreciate the kindness of those who work for them.
At least 20% of the people of Appalachia who voted in the Democratic primaries are outright racists. And more than likely 2 times that amount are closet racists. Which would mean that a total of 60% of the people who voted in the Democratic primaries and supported Hillary Clinton in Appalachia are racists. For a politician to have supporters like that should be seen as extremely embarrassing for that politician. But Hillary is desperate, she has no shame, and neither does it seem do her supporters.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:33 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,315,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, they mean the comments Obama operatives spun so they could accuse the Clintons of racism, huh? And, yes, by all means let them picket in front of the Clinton offices (and shops and condos) that the Clintons located in Harlem to revitalize that area. Perhaps the "whiteys" should take their investment money elsewhere and let the black community take over. After all, they've done such a stellar job making Harlem a desirable address!
This is your argument:
1) The Clintons move to Harlem
2) In doing this the Clintons bring money to Harlem

therefore, the Clintons have the right to insult, belittle, denigrate and encourage hatred of black people.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Quote:
Same here. And you know what I'm sick of the most? The drama. While electing a president is, rather, should be serious business, we actually have people here eating up the drama with a spoon -- even suggesting a musical and movie about this nonsense. And then we wonder why this country is in trouble?

So, even when Hillary is no longer in the race, Obama will ensure the country's "drama quotient" is met. At some point, perhaps we'll dispense with this "election" nonsense altogether and have a panel audition and choose the next "American President." After all, it's most important that he be personable and object of fantasies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections