Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 10:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So it's going to take 10 years to finally indict Trump of a crime since they started in 2016 because of his sin of winning in 2016 and that Democrats can't kill him politically?
Some of Trump's indiscretions occured before he was president, and investigations into them really couldn't proceed while he was in office. It is impossible to get a sitting president to make a deposition, for example, unless he is willing to on his own. No state or local government would be able to put a warrant out on a sitting president, he would never be arrested for any reason.

So anything he does criminally is on hold for the length of the presidential term.

Some of the things he has done only really became general knowledge after he became president. Attorney Michael Cohen gave sworn testimony before Congress, which led to investigations into fraud by Trump. If he had never been president he would have never committed the campaign finance violation which put Cohen into jail, and we would never have had the tax and bank fraud information Cohen provided.

So in a sense becoming president did expose Trump to greater scrutiny, but you people are trying to portray it as some kind of political activity. It is nothing of the sort. He exposes himself to jeopardy all on his own.

Trump creates his own problems. He generates the documents himself which prove the fraud. He literally testifies against himself, in writing, long before anyone is aware of what he has done.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:02 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Are you giving him a pass on his riot and stealing our Top Secrets? He won fair and square in 2016 because of our bizarre Electoral College. Hillary did not form an ugly mob to try and steal the election. Can you see the difference yet? Everyone who hasn`t watched a minute of the J6 Committee hearings and did not read a story about the goings on and what people are testifying to under oath agrees with you. How could they know any better? They don`t know because they don`t want to know.

1) a 4 hour riot with no guns? o.k. I will blame him for that 4 hour protest as blaming the Democrats and the current President and VP for the BLM violent riots in 2020 and attack on our police. Hypocrisy is not a virtue.

2) Stealing? No indictments and No convictions but here you are with your wishful thinking again.

3) Trump won 30 states in 2016. It's not my fault you called in sick during American Civics in school and then turn a blind eye when Democrats after losing in 2016 wants to change the constitution and trashes our Supreme Court when they don't get their way.

4) Hillary everyday for years called President Trump illegitimate and spread conspiracy theories and said that he stole the election but since it's your team, you accepted it and now you jump on the Democrat bandwagon of lecturing people about democracy and protecting the system. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
but you people are trying to portray it as some kind of political activity. It is nothing of the sort.

A bad joke.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:09 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Trump was on his way toward reelection before the pandemic hit. DeSantis? The Dems/MSM will vilify him 24/7 should he run in 2024. But for now all eyes are on this Nov.

Should the Reps have a big night I think it's fair to say Trump will likely run.

And this has the Dems scared to death.
I'd prefer DeSantis.

As of now....and things can change but I don't think they will.....as in either the Dems or Repubs will have razor tight majorities in the House and Senate. No big nights for either but no let-downs for either, as a whole/collectively.

Yeah, focus is on Nov mid-terms but after-that there will be more....."running."

As for DJT....I honestly do not think he's electable now. Favorability too low. He's lost too may Independents and women. Also, many more are aware that he's not mentally fit for the job.

If Donnie runs it'll be because of his own selfishness. It's all about him.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

As for DJT....I honestly do not think he's electable now. Favorability too low. He's lost too may Independents and women. Also, many more are aware that he's not mentally fit for the job.

and Biden hasn't? Kamala has worse numbers than Biden. Since when politicians never runs for themselves? You think Biden has been in government since 1973 for the people or for himself?

The reason Trump will always have a chance like 2016 and 2020 because he is running against the establishment. You can put Hillary, Biden or Kamala and Trump will always have a chance.

Trump is unfit? that's funny. He never started wars or forced drugs on Americans but the guy in the W.H. now has and you say Trump has no chance to beat him? OK

Old 09-26-2022, 10:44 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
I'd prefer DeSantis.

As of now....and things can change but I don't think they will.....as in either the Dems or Repubs will have razor tight majorities in the House and Senate. No big nights for either but no let-downs for either, as a whole/collectively.

Yeah, focus is on Nov mid-terms but after-that there will be more....."running."

Says who? The polls?

I think Nov will not only show (one way or the other) Trumps electability in 2024 but the accuracy of polling data.

538 only uses date collected 21 days before an election when rating a pollster.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:16 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Ha. There's no chance he wins. You can say what you want about Biden (don't think he's mentally fit, he's not a good president, etc.) but he's got a lot less baggage.

Republicans would be much better off hitching their horses to DeSantis if they expect to actually win in 2024. The true Trump believers will always be there (as we can all see here on this site and on this thread), but they are atrophying in number as his many scandals play their course. He won in 2016 with a minority of the popular vote, and lost the popular vote by a larger margin in 2020 before a lot of what's known now was known. He has literally no chance in 2024, and the fact that he's still politically relevant is largely because his chickens are starting to come home to roost and Democrats want to make him *the* issue as opposed to their own agenda.

I'm an independent in a red state with a lot of conservative friends and anecdotally, some of them are starting to sour on him too. That's obviously not scientific, but given the fact that Trump has never gotten more votes than his Democratic opponent, I don't any reason why he would suddenly get a bunch of extra support, and he certainly won't be able to thread the needle to get a majority in the Electoral College as he did in 2016.

Go for DeSantis, R's - its good for you and good for the country.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Says who? The polls?

I think Nov will not only show (one way or the other) Trumps electability in 2024 but the accuracy of polling data.

538 only uses date collected 21 days before an election when rating a pollster.
I don't think mid-terms reflect on any candidates electability 2 years in the future.

There are many factors involved with the mid-terms now and in potential future potus candidates.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Ha. There's no chance he wins. You can say what you want about Biden (don't think he's mentally fit, he's not a good president, etc.) but he's got a lot less baggage.

Republicans would be much better off hitching their horses to DeSantis if they expect to actually win in 2024. The true Trump believers will always be there (as we can all see here on this site and on this thread), but they are atrophying in number as his many scandals play their course. He won in 2016 with a minority of the popular vote, and lost the popular vote by a larger margin in 2020 before a lot of what's known now was known. He has literally no chance in 2024, and the fact that he's still politically relevant is largely because his chickens are starting to come home to roost and Democrats want to make him *the* issue as opposed to their own agenda.

I'm an independent in a red state with a lot of conservative friends and anecdotally, some of them are starting to sour on him too. That's obviously not scientific, but given the fact that Trump has never gotten more votes than his Democratic opponent, I don't any reason why he would suddenly get a bunch of extra support, and he certainly won't be able to thread the needle to get a majority in the Electoral College as he did in 2016.

Go for DeSantis, R's - its good for you and good for the country.
This post has hit the nail on the head b/c the poster is an Independent and this what DJT needs a large percentage of.

And yes, anectdotally I know strong supporters souring on DJT.

We know which way the wind is blowing....it's not temporary.

He won't come back from these issues and legal matters.

He's just put out too much bad karma.

He's a wounded narcissist.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post

Less baggage? In office since 1973? 2 years in politics is a long time. Democrats had 4 years to go after Trump from Congress and the media. Now it's Republican turn and put the spotlight on Biden and his administration. Just because the msm ignores it doesn't mean Biden is cleaner.

The game is EC not popular vote. If popular vote decides elections than California would pick the President and We would be a 1 party country since that last time a Republican candidate won the popular was in 2004. Trump won 30 states in 2016 and then he won 25 states in 2020 and added 14 million voters to his base and barely lost because of the pandemic closing the economy since Pelosi lost 14 seats in congress which is unheard off after winning power 2 years before. Pandemic was the difference in a close election.

Trump has 25 states right now in the bag without campaigning or without the GOP majority congress finally working on Biden since the msm refuses. Trump needs to win 3 out of 4 states in 2024 and that is GA, AZ, WI or PA. All he needs is 3 from that list. He has all the red states in the bag and he has Texas, Florida and Ohio if you bother to look at the polls.

Don't apply checkers rules in a chess game. This is who wins the most states that gets you over 270. Not winning California 1 sided. You think your Republicans friends will stay home in 2024 to have 4 more years of Biden or Kamala?

You say some of your Republicans friends are starting to sour on him. You think Democrats are happy with Biden and Kamala. Comeback after they lose Congress if Democrats will be happy with Biden especially the left.

The fact is Democrats have throw the kitchen sink at Trump and he is 3 toss up states from winning the 2024 race shows how you underestimate Trump and how thin is that line of winning and losing.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 09-26-2022 at 12:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections