Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 11:51 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
I don't think mid-terms reflect on any candidates electability 2 years in the future.

There are many factors involved with the mid-terms now and in potential future potus candidates.

It does because it will show how Biden is going to govern in the next 2 years with a GOP congress and it will show if Biden will hold the progressive left of the party and if there are going to be progressive independent candidates like in 2016. Many Democrats are unhappy with Biden and if the GOP congress forces Biden to the right that will not look be ok with the progressives in that party.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
This post has hit the nail on the head b/c the poster is an Independent and this what DJT needs a large percentage of.

And yes, anectdotally I know strong supporters souring on DJT.

We know which way the wind is blowing....it's not temporary.

He won't come back from these issues and legal matters.

He's just put out too much bad karma.

He's a wounded narcissist.

Like you, I don't think he is an "independent" voter. When you only go after 1 side and ignore the long baggage of the President you voted for and will vote again because of TDS, I hardly call that an independent voter. You already made your mind about his guilt when he hasn't been indicted on any criminal charge. You were the same during Mueller.

The game is chess not checkers. Trump has 25 states right now in the bag. NO WAY they will vote for Biden or Kamala. He needs 3 out of 4 states: AZ, GA, WI, PA and he will make history again and become 47th after being 45th.

You mean to tell me Trump has NO chance to win AZ, WI, GA or PA? He only needs 3. I know TDS blinds people but go to the light.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:07 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
everyone is going after Trump because they are so afraid he is going to run in 2024 and WIN and then everyones party will be over. ha ha ha

Biden Harris administration has ruined our nation.

Trump 2024!!!

Tish James needs to get a life already

Old 09-26-2022, 02:28 PM

I read some people here and have no clue what they write. It's all about their wishful thinking and think they speak for the majority while ignoring the rules of political chess and to get to 270. Is not about popular vote, it's about who wins the most states to get to 270.

Trump right now had 25 states in the bag before campaigning. These states will NEVER vote for Biden or Kamala.

25 states:
1) Alabama
2) Alaska
3) Arkansas
4) Florida

5) Idaho
6) Indiana
7) Iowa
8) Kansas
9) Kentucky
10) Louisiana
11) Mississippi
12) Wyoming
13) Missouri
14) Montana
15) Nebraska
16) North Carolina
17) North Dakota
18) Ohio

19) Oklahoma
20) South Carolina
21) South Dakota
22) Tennessee
23) Texas
24) Utah
25) West Virginia

Here is the kicker: Trump needs to win 3 out of these 4 states: Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. To make history to become from 45th to 47th President. Not feelings but actual facts of the rules.

Anybody that says Trump has NO chance in Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania has no clue. If Ohio is for Trump and Wisconsin a toss up that makes Pennsylvania a toss up. Ignore the current polls which has Trump beating Biden or Kamala in those 4 states. Trump has 50-50 chance to win those 4 states. To say otherwise is TDS

Biden won GA in 2020 by 0.2%, Arizona by 0.3% Wisconsin by 0.6% Pennsylvania by 1.2%
Trump only needs 3 out of 4 states and he is 47th.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:37 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
I don't think mid-terms reflect on any candidates electability 2 years in the future.

There are many factors involved with the mid-terms now and in potential future potus candidates.
You wrote earlier:
Quote:
As for DJT....I honestly do not think he's electable now. Favorability too low. He's lost too may Independents and women.
This is probably a better description of Biden given he all but become a pariah on the campaign trail. Trump on the other hand is everywhere.

Nov. will indeed give a very good idea of Trumps electability in 2024.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:58 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Less baggage? In office since 1973? 2 years in politics is a long time. Democrats had 4 years to go after Trump from Congress and the media. Now it's Republican turn and put the spotlight on Biden and his administration. Just because the msm ignores it doesn't mean Biden is cleaner.

The game is EC not popular vote. If popular vote decides elections than California would pick the President and We would be a 1 party country since that last time a Republican candidate won the popular was in 2004. Trump won 30 states in 2016 and then he won 25 states in 2020 and added 14 million voters to his base and barely lost because of the pandemic closing the economy since Pelosi lost 14 seats in congress which is unheard off after winning power 2 years before. Pandemic was the difference in a close election.

Trump has 25 states right now in the bag without campaigning or without the GOP majority congress finally working on Biden since the msm refuses. Trump needs to win 3 out of 4 states in 2024 and that is GA, AZ, WI or PA. All he needs is 3 from that list. He has all the red states in the bag and he has Texas, Florida and Ohio if you bother to look at the polls.

Don't apply checkers rules in a chess game. This is who wins the most states that gets you over 270. Not winning California 1 sided. You think your Republicans friends will stay home in 2024 to have 4 more years of Biden or Kamala?

You say some of your Republicans friends are starting to sour on him. You think Democrats are happy with Biden and Kamala. Comeback after they lose Congress if Democrats will be happy with Biden especially the left.

The fact is Democrats have throw the kitchen sink at Trump and he is 3 toss up states from winning the 2024 race shows how you underestimate Trump and how thin is that line of winning and losing.
Some good points here but here's what I think you're missing. In 2016, many independents (myself included) didn't vote for Hillary Clinton for two reasons. One, she was a terrible, corrupt candidate. Two, no one really thought Trump was going to win regardless because he too was a terrible, corrupt candidate. That's how he threaded the needle in 2016 - Democratic turnout was way down and he got enough independents who didn't want to vote for Hillary. In 2020, the reason Biden got so many more votes than Hillary Clinton did despite barely campaigning was because he wasn't Trump and didn't have nearly the baggage that Hillary did at the time. That has changed to some extent since the beginning of his presidency, but as we saw with the Trump investigations, any accountability that he may have to face isn't going to happen during the presidency itself. Plus, its hard to point the finger at stuff like Hunter Biden and his freebasing and questionable appointments when, for example, Trump's two sons (one of which is a former presidential advisor) are being sued for widespread fraud as executives of the Trump Organization. It's kind of like that meme with the two Spider-Mans and I don't believe things like that move the needle much when it comes to Biden. His issues come squarely from his policies.

If the Republicans want to win in 2024, they need a clean slate. I'm just reporting what I see on the ground - that folks that actually voted for him are cooling on him recently. Would they vote for Biden? For most, probably not. But some just might, dependent on how these next two years go. And on top of that, where are additional voters and support coming from for Trump?

DeSantis offers a lot of the best of Trump's policies without all of the additional foolishness. Barring something unforeseen, he would give the Democrats a lot of heartburn because he actually knows how to act in public and not be a complete ass, while offering an enviable track record of what he has actually done. Serious people tend to like folks that can offer more than platitudes and buzzwords and puffery, and can point to results.

Last point - don't assume that the Democrats will run Biden. I doubt he runs again, personally. He knows he's not up to being president in his mid-80s. And trust, in an open primary, Kamala Harris will not be the nominee. A lot of the assumptions about Trump's chances assume it will be one of those two - I actually think its more likely to be someone else entirely.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
In 2020, the reason Biden got so many more votes than Hillary Clinton did despite barely campaigning was because he wasn't Trump and didn't have nearly the baggage that Hillary did at the time. That has changed to some extent since the beginning of his presidency, but as we saw with the Trump investigations, any accountability that he may have to face isn't going to happen during the presidency itself. Plus, its hard to point the finger at stuff like Hunter Biden and his freebasing and questionable appointments when, for example, Trump's two sons (one of which is a former presidential advisor) are being sued for widespread fraud as executives of the Trump Organization. It's kind of like that meme with the two Spider-Mans and I don't believe things like that move the needle much when it comes to Biden. His issues come squarely from his policies.

No, it was the pandemic and closing the economy and putting heavy restrictions. Voters in 2020 punished the party with a majority. It's the reason Pelosi lost 14 seats in Congress (unheard of for a party that got majority 2 years earlier) and GOP lost 5 seats in the Senate and Virginia who was a solid blue state lost for the governorship 1 year after and New Jersey a very blue state the Democrats barely won 2.8%.

A civil suit is not a criminal indictment. Most American companies in the country gets sue civilly, that is not a crime. If it was Democrat Hobbs couldn't run for governor and many in the house or the Senate couldn't serve.

Biden's "issues" like you say comes from taxpayer's taxes and policies that affects us all since he has been in government since 1973 and given a huge pass by the msm. It's hard to sue Biden in the private sector since he has been all his life in government and the people in government made it really hard to sue the federal government.

Quote:
If the Republicans want to win in 2024, they need a clean slate. I'm just reporting what I see on the ground - that folks that actually voted for him are cooling on him recently. Would they vote for Biden? For most, probably not. But some just might, dependent on how these next two years go. And on top of that, where are additional voters and support coming from for Trump?
DeSantis offers a lot of the best of Trump's policies without all of the additional foolishness. Barring something unforeseen, he would give the Democrats a lot of heartburn because he actually knows how to act in public and not be a complete ass, while offering an enviable track record of what he has actually done. Serious people tend to like folks that can offer more than platitudes and buzzwords and puffery, and can point to results.

Not if he can win the 50 state GOP primary he can't. Trump has a path for 2024. I already put that there in facts not wishful thinking. If DeSantis is the nominee, they will do to him what they did to Trump. This train is never later. Democrats are already suing him and accusing him of a crime and being a racist fascist and We are 2 years away from 2024 and DeSantis hasn't won the primary. MSM and the liberal tv are already piling on Ron so don't be so naive that Ron will change the political blood sport to civility.

Quote:
Last point - don't assume that the Democrats will run Biden. I doubt he runs again, personally. He knows he's not up to being president in his mid-80s. And trust, in an open primary, Kamala Harris will not be the nominee. A lot of the assumptions about Trump's chances assume it will be one of those two - I actually think its more likely to be someone else entirely.

Their bench is weak. You think Kamala and the black Democrat base will let a white man take her spot?
Trump beats most of the Democrat bench and makes it 50-50 with the top one if Biden improves in 2 years.

Old 09-26-2022, 05:26 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Some good points here but here's what I think you're missing. In 2016, many independents (myself included) didn't vote for Hillary Clinton for two reasons. One, she was a terrible, corrupt candidate. Two, no one really thought Trump was going to win regardless because he too was a terrible, corrupt candidate. That's how he threaded the needle in 2016 - Democratic turnout was way down and he got enough independents who didn't want to vote for Hillary. In 2020, the reason Biden got so many more votes than Hillary Clinton did despite barely campaigning was because he wasn't Trump and didn't have nearly the baggage that Hillary did at the time. That has changed to some extent since the beginning of his presidency, but as we saw with the Trump investigations, any accountability that he may have to face isn't going to happen during the presidency itself. Plus, its hard to point the finger at stuff like Hunter Biden and his freebasing and questionable appointments when, for example, Trump's two sons (one of which is a former presidential advisor) are being sued for widespread fraud as executives of the Trump Organization. It's kind of like that meme with the two Spider-Mans and I don't believe things like that move the needle much when it comes to Biden. His issues come squarely from his policies.

I agree with your assessment of 2016. However, I see 2020 as an anomaly given the country was in the midst of a massive pandemic and had shut down. I moved into my residence in 2019 (Mesa, Az) and during the election received a mail-in ballot for myself as well as two other ballots for people who no longer live here. I also own rental property and a tenant gave me two ballots she received which weren't addressed to her or her husband. I have a red "return to sender" stamp which I used and tossed the ballots back in the mail.

Since 2020 the only election material I've received has been address to me. Now I'm not suggesting Biden didn't win but the 2020 election was... awkward at best.

Last edited by john3232; 09-26-2022 at 06:10 PM..

Old 09-26-2022, 06:18 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The Dems have lost the momentum which they picked up last month. Going after Trump is their... trump card.

As far as if he will run in 2024. My guess is if the Rep have a big night this Nov he's in. If not he's out.

If he does run/win it will be in part because of an increase in Hispanic/Black vote he receives. If this happens it will be fun listening to the MSM attempt to spin their support.

As fas the Left and those in the MSM who hate Trump with a passion... well that's just too bad.
Trump will either run, or pass his support to most likely DeSantis. Trump could very likely see more support among Hispanic and black "citizens" as they are the ones most hurt when illegals and fake asylumees evade the country with Biden rolling out the red carpet for them. Also, blacks didn't care much for the Dem push of the COVID vaccine mandates either.

The left have become almost robotic. Maybe the media they cling to has hypnotised them into a state of simply parroting what they have been told, as they sure can't explain the nonsense they come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I know!!! If only the news would stop reporting every time he breaks the law everything would be fine!!!
Every time they "say" he broke the law, which is exactly what the issue is. The upside is that all too often it appears he has not broken the law, and those of us who are watching are wondering who is the next innocent victim of the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Looks like you were triggered. ... always coming to the defense of the indefensible

The man's character is in the toilet, it always was. He is unfit. He is disreputable.

“Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what the reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character.”
Wayne Dyer

Your only hope is to find someone else to be the standard bearer of your party, before it's too late.

You diehards can stand by him if you wish, but he will drag you down.

We will watch it all happen to you.
Funny! We aren't talking about Brain Dead Biden in this thread, but you did a great job of describing him. We are talking about President Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Criticism isn't hate.
It isn't "criticism" in this case, it is hate. That old bitty Pelosi is so jealous of Trump she drools every time she looks at him. Maybe it is fear as Trump is on the side of nationalism, and most of the left is pushing hard and trying to destroy anyone in the way of globalism - remember the Clinton death list? I am surprised Trump hasn't made that list. I pray he stays safe from the evil of the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Even here over half are extreme hatrid for Trump. Obviously they want high energy prices and inflation and the destruction of the United States.
It looks like that, but as I said, being without brains, they simply parrot what they hear. They need to get jobs, get their loans paid off, and get a life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
So just because he has some accomplishments he should be immune from criticism and treated like a king? That might fly in Russia or China but not in the USA.
Where have you been? The Dems said in 2016, before Trump was elected, that they were going to impeach him. Look at all the time and money spent trying to do that, and they failed. Their hatred of Trump severely impacted what our government could get done for the people of our country.

If Trump were as bad as the Dems let on, no one would want him for POTUS. Liberals are not exactly known for their good moral values, so anyone that leads to their dribble should beware.

Well, let them harass Trump, as it looks like for everything the left does to him, the fundraising for his campaign surges like crazy! Silly Democrats!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...sing-fbi-raid/

"Contributions to Trump’s political action committee topped $1 million on at least two days after the Aug. 8 search of his Palm Beach, Fla., estate, according to two people familiar with the figures. The daily hauls jumped from a level of $200,000 to $300,000 that had been typical in recent months, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss nonpublic information."

Why would this happen? If you don't have freedom, you have nothing.

Old 09-26-2022, 09:57 PM

3,695 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Like you, I don't think he is an "independent" voter. When you only go after 1 side and ignore the long baggage of the President you voted for and will vote again because of TDS, I hardly call that an independent voter. You already made your mind about his guilt when he hasn't been indicted on any criminal charge. You were the same during Mueller.
What is "TDS?"

You may be talking in general about the "President you voted for." As for me, I've been voting 3rd party since 1996....but will on occasion vote for an (R) or a (D) in certain state or local elections where the margin is close.

I'm not a lawyer...but I have made up my mind DJT is morally guilty (don't know the legalities) on calling the GA Attorney General to "find 11,000 votes."

The sending of false electors is also another issue of moral guilt.

Quote:
The game is chess not checkers. Trump has 25 states right now in the bag. NO WAY they will vote for Biden or Kamala. He needs 3 out of 4 states: AZ, GA, WI, PA and he will make history again and become 47th after being 45th.

You mean to tell me Trump has NO chance to win AZ, WI, GA or PA? He only needs 3. I know TDS blinds people but go to the light.
You do your homework and research. That's good, SJS.

I'll say it again: DJT is done and it should be DeSantis or someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections