Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 11:34 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

I'll say it again: DJT is done and it should be DeSantis or someone else.
Yes, you said it many times how your felt. The forum knows well your feelings.

and the other side of the coin it should be anyone else except for Biden, Kamala, Warren, or their bench. Again, you can't demand perfection when the Democrat side is mediocre. I already stated Trump is far from done. He has 25 states in the bag right now and only needs 3 out of 4 from AZ GA, WI or PA to be 47th which he could easily win all 3 or all 4.

I will tell you when Trump's path to 270 is impossible. You can continue with your wishful thinking and I will continue with the numbers. We heard you many tines , your feelings say Trump is done and the numbers show otherwise.

At least I can back up my opinions and break it down with facts and numbers. You just got wishful thinking.

Ask yourself in your head 1 question, does Trump has the 25 red states I mentioned in the bag right now against Biden, Kamala, Warren or Pete? if you are honest with yourself you will say: YES!

Then ask yourself 1 more question: Can Trump win 3 out of 4 of Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania against Biden , Kamala, Warren or Pete? again, if you are honest with yourself you will say: YES!

Then he is not done. You are way off and just repeat feelings not facts. I will tell you when he is done when he can't get to 270. As of today, he does have a clear path regardless of yours feelings.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I agree with your assessment of 2016. However, I see 2020 as an anomaly given the country was in the midst of a massive pandemic and had shut down. I moved into my residence in 2019 (Mesa, Az) and during the election received a mail-in ballot for myself as well as two other ballots for people who no longer live here. I also own rental property and a tenant gave me two ballots she received which weren't addressed to her or her husband. I have a red "return to sender" stamp which I used and tossed the ballots back in the mail.

Since 2020 the only election material I've received has been address to me. Now I'm not suggesting Biden didn't win but the 2020 election was... awkward at best.

2020 was a odd year. With the pandemic and heavy restrictions and the government not ready there was a lot of abuses by mail and internet from unemployment insurance, medicare fraud, stimulus checks and mail voting. The government was pushing massive mail in voting because they were scaring the public with massive restriction but they weren't ready to verify that size just like they couldn't verify unemployment payments or stimulus. They just sent checks out the door. We have billions and billions of dollars in fraud that the government doesn't have a clue to get it back because they don't have the manpower.

If the government couldn't verify unemployment insurance what makes you think they could verify mail in ballots? They just count them in just like sending checks out the door without verifying. Too much for limited government employees. I.R.S were limited in processing and auditing for most part of 2020.

2020 was a Twilight Zone year.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
1) a 4 hour riot with no guns? o.k. I will blame him for that 4 hour protest as blaming the Democrats and the current President and VP for the BLM violent riots in 2020 and attack on our police. Hypocrisy is not a virtue.

2) Stealing? No indictments and No convictions but here you are with your wishful thinking again.

3) Trump won 30 states in 2016. It's not my fault you called in sick during American Civics in school and then turn a blind eye when Democrats after losing in 2016 wants to change the constitution and trashes our Supreme Court when they don't get their way.

4) Hillary everyday for years called President Trump illegitimate and spread conspiracy theories and said that he stole the election but since it's your team, you accepted it and now you jump on the Democrat bandwagon of lecturing people about democracy and protecting the system. Thanks for the laugh.
1. A riot with no guns and a president who wanted to remove the metal detectors. BLM wasn`t trying to overthrow the government and FYI, we`ve had dozens of race riots in this country. The libraries are open today.

2. No indictments for stealing because we`re not sure exactly how many Top Secrets he stole. Like the J6 committee, they`ll want to have an airtight case against him before he`s indicted.

3. I don`t remember Democrats attempting to change our Constitution but yes, millions of people think the EC is ridiculous. There were no attempts to change anything.

4. More Hillary fantasies. Was the J6 riot about protecting our Democracy? Is that why your friends beat up 130 cops?

Will Trump be indicted? Not before the election because the Snowflakes would start another riot.

Old 09-27-2022, 04:51 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

It is not so much a matter of hate.

It is quite objective observation and judgement. Trump has shown repeatedly over the years that he is untrustworthy, a pathological liar, has no sense of a moral compass, is a bully, seeks constant adoration, dismisses experienced and informed advice and analysis, presents himself as privileged and above the law, surrounds himself with sycophant ass kissers, cultivates dubious legal and policy advisors, and is emotionally and mentally unstable.

It is hard to cast such a person in a positive light. Anyone with that constellation of negative factors should not be in a position of public trust. Not ever. His performance after losing the 2020 election alone should disqualify him from public office.
I agree. It is not a matter of hate. It is absolute alarm for this nation, brought by the clear and present threat Trump and his MAGA GOP pose to democracy itself. Putting the defeated and disgraced former guy--- who openly admires brutal dictators and thuggish autocrats---- back in power would be disastrous for the United States and we the people.

I couldn’t believe Republicans would nominate such an ignorant and clueless man for the presidency, in the first place, as his breadth of ignorance was only matched by his overwhelming sense of grievance, and delusion about his own competence. They ran a man who lost not one, but two fortunes that fell into his lap. A man whose only business success was on reality television. A six-time bankrupt poseur, who confessed to assaulting women, and whose father bought him an Ivy League degree and a medical deferral from military service.

Republican politicians failed the country by thrusting such a grossly incompetent man on America. A man who, once elected, continued to show his reckless contempt for our laws, norms, and the presidential office. That the MAGA GOP electorate want again, as POTUS, this man who demonstrated overt racism, misogyny and xenophobia, while in office, and then--- when he lost his bid for a second term--- attempted a deliberate and coordinated overthrow of the government is downright frightening.

Donald J. Trump demands allegiance to Trump over allegiance to America. Opposing this wholly un-American concept is not hate. Rather it is love of country. You know, patriotism.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-27-2022 at 05:03 AM..

Old 09-27-2022, 05:11 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I agree. It is not a matter of hate. It is absolute alarm for this nation, brought by the clear and present threat Trump and his MAGA GOP pose to democracy itself. Putting the defeated and disgraced former guy--- who openly admires brutal dictators and thuggish autocrats---- back in power would be disastrous for the United States and we the people.

I couldn’t believe Republicans would nominate such an ignorant and clueless man for the presidency, in the first place, as his breadth of ignorance was only matched by his overwhelming sense of grievance, and delusion about his own competence. They ran a man who lost not one, but two fortunes that fell into his lap. A man whose only business success was on reality television. A six-time bankrupt poseur, who confessed to assaulting women, and whose father bought him an Ivy League degree and a medical deferral from military service.

Republican politicians failed the country by thrusting such a grossly incompetent man on America. A man who, once elected, continued to show his reckless contempt for our laws, norms, and the presidential office. That the MAGA GOP electorate want again, as POTUS, this man who demonstrated overt racism, misogyny and xenophobia, while in office, and then--- when he lost his bid for a second term--- attempted a deliberate and coordinated overthrow of the government is downright frightening.

Donald J. Trump demands allegiance to Trump over allegiance to America. Opposing this wholly un-American concept is not hate. Rather it is love of country. You know, patriotism.
I thought Trump was finished when he trashed our POWs. I guess I'm living in the past when the GOP at least pretended to love our soldiers whether they were captured or not. I don`t even want to know how many Vietnam War vets turned on their brothers in arms.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:47 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,414,554 times
SJ Star, post #112

You made valid points.

Yes, facts matter...

I'm still saying DeSantis or someone else.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:17 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

You can say all of this about biden plus Biden is trying to destroy the United States.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I thought Trump was finished when he trashed our POWs. I guess I'm living in the past when the GOP at least pretended to love our soldiers whether they were captured or not. I don`t even want to know how many Vietnam War vets turned on their brothers in arms.

Maybe if the left stop lying maybe We can agree that his line on 1 political Senator was out of line and don't make it into a big drama lie forever. Trump didn't trash POWS. He took a jab at a sitting U.S. Senator. Just like Democrats took jabs at the same Senator when he ran for President in 2008 by calling him racist and a war monger and a nut that would start WW 3 but I guess that's politics when Democrat do it.

It's funny how now the liberals love our Republican Vietnam vets. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
SJ Star, post #112

You made valid points.

Yes, facts matter...

I'm still saying DeSantis or someone else.
That's fine in who is your personal option and who you would vote for but that wasn't the point. You said Trump is done politically and that is a myth.

2 questions:

1) Can Trump win the primary? YES
2) Does Trump has a path in the general? YES

So he is not done. He is not your choice but not the same thing as being done.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
You can say all of this about biden plus Biden is trying to destroy the United States.

It's funny their long lecturing posts when they voted for Biden. A career corrupt politician since 1973 and the reason Trump has half the country and in politics. It's like going after your son for smoking when you smoke 3 packs a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections