Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2022, 09:19 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times

Advertisements

Trump is a failed American experiment. He is toxic and was shown the door the voting public. I know it is a hard pill for many to swallow but it is what it is. Run him again and it will be the same result.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Trump is a failed American experiment. He is toxic and was shown the door the voting public. I know it is a hard pill for many to swallow but it is what it is. Run him again and it will be the same result.
First these people will lie to themselves and convince themselves that Trump will win. They will claim it's a sure thing, a done deal ... We have already seen that process of self deception beginning here.

It's part of the 'build the bubble' mindset.

Then, when he inevitably loses, they will claim that the election was stolen. Just because ...

Old 09-27-2022, 09:54 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
That's your problem. Watching too much MSNBC and believing it. You know N.Y. is a weak civil lawsuit. It shows how corrupt politics is that this hack of a DA ran for the #1 reason to nail Trump on anything and she can't find anything criminally so she goes civil. She is the real crime and abuse of power.

Attorney General (state), not District Attorney (county).

Old 09-27-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
How about neither old fart run in 2024?

Old 09-27-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
SJ Star,

Yes, I am very careful....and wary of MSNBC....they are very biased and a bit similar to the opposition channel but more sophisticated towards their audience.

I only watch MSNBC when an interview or "story" comes onto my Youtube algorithim feed....if the title is interesting I try it out.

I know that Cohen has a major beef with DJT.....and he has a book coming out next month.

That said.....I think the heat is turning up.

I'd want to see many others that don't have a grudge against DJT or are anti-DJT weigh in on the NY lawsuit.

I'll check out this NY DA.
He's talking about Tish James, the Attorney General of the State of New York, not a DA.

The current and former Manhattan (New York County) DAs, who have been mentioned in controversies re Trump, are both men (Cyrus Vance Jr. and Alvin Bragg).

Old 09-27-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
That about puts him on par with Biden, age wise. Frankly I'd want a somewhat younger candidate for POTUS. At least one we don't have to worry about keeling over any given moment. I voted for him because I thought he was the only one who understood economics on the scale of running the country and I almost hate to admit I still think so. To his detractors I pose the following; If you're so smart and claim to know better, where are your billions?

Trump is so busy with managing every baseless claim against him that he can't do his job. TDS knows no bounds. He scares the crap out of the left because they know if they let him have a chance he'll get things done. That would put the liberals out of power for a long time. I've never in my life seen such outright hate projected against one man.

As Governor Lepetomane said in Blazing Saddles "We've got to protect our phony baloney jobs!"

Biden can't even read the teleprompter correctly half the time ! Worst president since Carter!

That poster likely didn't have daddy give him $400 million plus over the course of his life.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
No. My guess is he was willing to put his name on almost anything which would bring him good money. The "university" was glorified papermill, a major embarrassment and people got ripped off. He cheated on his wife? Yep. On the other hand his children love him and not all parents can say that.

Yes, Trump is flawed as are many politicians who reach the top. The Clinton Foundation, Biden (his son/China.) Nancy P. and her husband's stock trades. Nothing surprising. I don't think you'll find anyone particularly heathy at this level.

I voted for Trump largely because of the USSC and when many in the MSM carpet bombed the Brett K. nomination 24/7 he didn't flinch. He stood by Brett K. and won. And because Trump stood strong the Dems folded on the all-important RBG seat. I don't think any other Rep. politician could pulled that off.

So yes if Trump runs in 2024 he's got my vote.

Many wealthy parents can.

Kids don't want to rock the boat re inheritance.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I forgot
This is the I Love Trump thread

LOL.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:21 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
No, it was the pandemic and closing the economy and putting heavy restrictions. Voters in 2020 punished the party with a majority. It's the reason Pelosi lost 14 seats in Congress (unheard of for a party that got majority 2 years earlier) and GOP lost 5 seats in the Senate and Virginia who was a solid blue state lost for the governorship 1 year after and New Jersey a very blue state the Democrats barely won 2.8%.

A civil suit is not a criminal indictment. Most American companies in the country gets sue civilly, that is not a crime. If it was Democrat Hobbs couldn't run for governor and many in the house or the Senate couldn't serve.

Biden's "issues" like you say comes from taxpayer's taxes and policies that affects us all since he has been in government since 1973 and given a huge pass by the msm. It's hard to sue Biden in the private sector since he has been all his life in government and the people in government made it really hard to sue the federal government.

Not if he can win the 50 state GOP primary he can't. Trump has a path for 2024. I already put that there in facts not wishful thinking. If DeSantis is the nominee, they will do to him what they did to Trump. This train is never later. Democrats are already suing him and accusing him of a crime and being a racist fascist and We are 2 years away from 2024 and DeSantis hasn't won the primary. MSM and the liberal tv are already piling on Ron so don't be so naive that Ron will change the political blood sport to civility.

Their bench is weak. You think Kamala and the black Democrat base will let a white man take her spot?
Trump beats most of the Democrat bench and makes it 50-50 with the top one if Biden improves in 2 years.
Regarding the first bolded point - um, you do realize the Democrats came out of 2020 with complete government control, right? Doesn't sound like punishment to me.

Regarding the second bolded point - lmao. What you're putting there is the definition of wishful thinking. You're assuming he would win all of the states he won before. Not a given whatsoever. You're assuming he will run against Biden. Not a given whatsoever. You're assuming the economy will still be down by 2024. Not a given whatsoever. What you've described is, I'd argue, a best case scenario for Trump, and an unrealistic one at that.

Regarding the third bolded point. Joe Biden is a so-called "white man" (ignoring that race isn't an actual thing) and he won the majority of primary votes from the so-called "black Democrat base" (even though the largest group of Democratic voters are "white" people). I think that Republicans often think that race is *everything* to Democrats. Just like there's an actual cadre of far-right Q-anon conspiracy theorists, there is also a cadre of far-left race-obsessed idiots.

Neither of those cadres represents anything close to the majority of their party or voters, and mostly serve as distractions. Democrats are not dumb. They will elect who they think has the best chance to win, just as they did in 2020. Because if they actually nominated who many of them wanted to before Jim Clyburn went all in for Biden, we may see a President Bernie Sanders right now (or perhaps Trump would still be in there because I don't believe Bernie is capable of winning a national election).

Old 09-27-2022, 10:28 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Like you, I don't think he is an "independent" voter. When you only go after 1 side and ignore the long baggage of the President you voted for and will vote again because of TDS, I hardly call that an independent voter. You already made your mind about his guilt when he hasn't been indicted on any criminal charge. You were the same during Mueller.

The game is chess not checkers. Trump has 25 states right now in the bag. NO WAY they will vote for Biden or Kamala. He needs 3 out of 4 states: AZ, GA, WI, PA and he will make history again and become 47th after being 45th.

You mean to tell me Trump has NO chance to win AZ, WI, GA or PA? He only needs 3. I know TDS blinds people but go to the light.
Attack the messenger because you can't actually rebut my points, so you go for my credibility eh? That's sad you have to go that direction, but based on your previous posts, I shouldn't be surprised. I vote for who I want based on whatever my priorities are at the time. Sometimes that's Democrats, sometimes that's Republicans. I voted for Biden eh? You sure?

If that's not good enough for you, too bad. You're a Trump sycophant loyal to a disgraced loser of a president who cannot let his loss go and is attempting to destroy institutional trust in order to retain/regain power. I could not care less about your opinion, but I do enjoy the back and forth with you deconstructing your fantasy of this 2024 Trump win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections