Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2022, 10:39 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,243,087 times

Advertisements

I sit here in amazement reading threads like these, trying to figure out how it must feel when you live most of your life with an old orange pair on your chin. It must be the celebrity factor at play here.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:55 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Biggest liar ever? I don't think so. That's a big F in history for you. He didn't lie to start wars or he didn't lie to force drugs on people. The a-hole in the W.H. now did. You really don't have a problem with being "unfit" or "lies". You just easy to manipulate by showing you a shinning object and told what to believe.
And he lied to start/kick off his campaign (lied about what Trump said re Charlottesville).

Last edited by RMESMH; 09-27-2022 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Corrected one character typo

Old 09-27-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
1) a 4 hour riot with no guns? o.k. I will blame him for that 4 hour protest as blaming the Democrats and the current President and VP for the BLM violent riots in 2020 and attack on our police. Hypocrisy is not a virtue.

2) Stealing? No indictments and No convictions but here you are with your wishful thinking again.

3) Trump won 30 states in 2016. It's not my fault you called in sick during American Civics in school and then turn a blind eye when Democrats after losing in 2016 wants to change the constitution and trashes our Supreme Court when they don't get their way.

4) Hillary everyday for years called President Trump illegitimate and spread conspiracy theories and said that he stole the election but since it's your team, you accepted it and now you jump on the Democrat bandwagon of lecturing people about democracy and protecting the system. Thanks for the laugh.
Except criticizing Trump re 1/6 doesn’t make anyone nor require being a Democrat nor a BLM/BLM riot supporter. With that, those who are neither are not hypocrites. Not being Democrats nor BLM/BLM riot supporters, despite it possibly irking you, we have no responsibility to defend either of those things.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Ha. There's no chance he wins. You can say what you want about Biden (don't think he's mentally fit, he's not a good president, etc.) but he's got a lot less baggage.

Republicans would be much better off hitching their horses to DeSantis if they expect to actually win in 2024. The true Trump believers will always be there (as we can all see here on this site and on this thread), but they are atrophying in number as his many scandals play their course. He won in 2016 with a minority of the popular vote, and lost the popular vote by a larger margin in 2020 before a lot of what's known now was known. He has literally no chance in 2024, and the fact that he's still politically relevant is largely because his chickens are starting to come home to roost and Democrats want to make him *the* issue as opposed to their own agenda.

I'm an independent in a red state with a lot of conservative friends and anecdotally, some of them are starting to sour on him too. That's obviously not scientific, but given the fact that Trump has never gotten more votes than his Democratic opponent, I don't any reason why he would suddenly get a bunch of extra support, and he certainly won't be able to thread the needle to get a majority in the Electoral College as he did in 2016.

Go for DeSantis, R's - its good for you and good for the country.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:15 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Wait Wait there's more...

Trump's rhetoric and fostering of violence is becoming more and more threatening and dangerous with ever increasing conspiracy mongering directed against the country he once swore an oath to protect and defend.

The disgraced and defeated former guy has gone all in on QAnon, an extremist movement that the FBI has designated a domestic terrorism threat. He has merged the MAGA movement with QAnon.

Trump, 2 days ago, again posted a dark & violent video to his social media account containing overt QAnon themes and symbols, including references to Satanists, pedophiles and military tribunals. He recently promoted an image showing himself wearing a Q lapel pin under a banner of the QAnon slogans: “The storm is coming” and “WWG1WGA.” His rallies are a litany of lies and delusionary rants with the newly added feature of a QAnon musical anthem and one armed salute. Does this remind anyone of anything?

America has a very serious problem and it is Donald Trump, his MAGA-QAnon movement and a Republican Party that refuses to denounce their de facto leader and his far-right extremism.
Q-anon, the boogeyman Dems like to link with America First policies. I would venture to say the majority of Trump supporters don't and have never subscribed to Q-anon. This country is headed down the toilet, and Trump is NOT the reason....Dem policies are. The sooner we get the Demidiots out of power the better for everyone, Demidiots included.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:18 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Attack the messenger because you can't actually rebut my points, so you go for my credibility eh? That's sad you have to go that direction, but based on your previous posts, I shouldn't be surprised. I vote for who I want based on whatever my priorities are at the time. Sometimes that's Democrats, sometimes that's Republicans. I voted for Biden eh? You sure?

If that's not good enough for you, too bad. You're a Trump sycophant loyal to a disgraced loser of a president who cannot let his loss go and is attempting to destroy institutional trust in order to retain/regain power. I could not care less about your opinion, but I do enjoy the back and forth with you deconstructing your fantasy of this 2024 Trump win.

I'm not attacking you for who you voted for. Free country. I only questioned that you called yourself "independent" when you criticism is 1 sided and you repeat the left talking points while calling Biden's issues just "policies". I never got personal or voter shamed you. You are not an "independent" as you say you are.

Now you on the other hand, called me a sycophant loyalist and get personal and show your TDS. You proved my point even more , you are not an independent. Stay classy my friend!

Old 09-27-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Like you, I don't think he is an "independent" voter. When you only go after 1 side and ignore the long baggage of the President you voted for and will vote again because of TDS, I hardly call that an independent voter. You already made your mind about his guilt when he hasn't been indicted on any criminal charge. You were the same during Mueller.

The game is chess not checkers. Trump has 25 states right now in the bag. NO WAY they will vote for Biden or Kamala. He needs 3 out of 4 states: AZ, GA, WI, PA and he will make history again and become 47th after being 45th.

You mean to tell me Trump has NO chance to win AZ, WI, GA or PA? He only needs 3. I know TDS blinds people but go to the light.
FWIW, re the end of your paragraph #2, that did happen once before.

Grover Cleveland was the 22nd and 24th President.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:21 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Trump cannot and will not run in 2024. Even if by some miracle he did manage to win, literally nobody would want to serve in his administration. Everyone who previously served with him has spoken out about how unqualified and unhinged he really was during his presidency. Even his wife hated him.
Where do you people get these ideas? His wife hates him? Another poster said his kids "pretend to love him". There is no way you can justify these comments with facts. Just another bash Trump comment with zero evidence but an overload of malice.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Some good points here but here's what I think you're missing. In 2016, many independents (myself included) didn't vote for Hillary Clinton for two reasons. One, she was a terrible, corrupt candidate. Two, no one really thought Trump was going to win regardless because he too was a terrible, corrupt candidate. That's how he threaded the needle in 2016 - Democratic turnout was way down and he got enough independents who didn't want to vote for Hillary. In 2020, the reason Biden got so many more votes than Hillary Clinton did despite barely campaigning was because he wasn't Trump and didn't have nearly the baggage that Hillary did at the time. That has changed to some extent since the beginning of his presidency, but as we saw with the Trump investigations, any accountability that he may have to face isn't going to happen during the presidency itself. Plus, its hard to point the finger at stuff like Hunter Biden and his freebasing and questionable appointments when, for example, Trump's two sons (one of which is a former presidential advisor) are being sued for widespread fraud as executives of the Trump Organization. It's kind of like that meme with the two Spider-Mans and I don't believe things like that move the needle much when it comes to Biden. His issues come squarely from his policies.

If the Republicans want to win in 2024, they need a clean slate. I'm just reporting what I see on the ground - that folks that actually voted for him are cooling on him recently. Would they vote for Biden? For most, probably not. But some just might, dependent on how these next two years go. And on top of that, where are additional voters and support coming from for Trump?

DeSantis offers a lot of the best of Trump's policies without all of the additional foolishness. Barring something unforeseen, he would give the Democrats a lot of heartburn because he actually knows how to act in public and not be a complete ass, while offering an enviable track record of what he has actually done. Serious people tend to like folks that can offer more than platitudes and buzzwords and puffery, and can point to results.

Last point - don't assume that the Democrats will run Biden. I doubt he runs again, personally. He knows he's not up to being president in his mid-80s. And trust, in an open primary, Kamala Harris will not be the nominee. A lot of the assumptions about Trump's chances assume it will be one of those two - I actually think its more likely to be someone else entirely.

The bolded = why Rs should kick Trump to the curb and nominate DeSantis.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:28 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except criticizing Trump re 1/6 doesn’t make anyone nor require being a Democrat nor a BLM/BLM riot supporter. With that, those who are neither are not hypocrites. Not being Democrats nor BLM/BLM riot supporters, despite it possibly irking you, we have no responsibility to defend either of those things.

Who is defending 1/6? like any protest in America, whoever broke any law they should get arrested, fine or jailed or both but 1/6 fells in comparison the BLM riots in violence, deaths, destruction and the politicians that supported it got a free pass while they are still acting like 1/6 is Pearl Harbor on steroids.

Compared to BLM riots, 1/6 that lasted 4 hours is a tease. When is the hearing? Politicians gave orders to the police to back down from the criminals and do what they like. On that itself deserves a hearing.

That's like the school principal telling thugs and drug dealers to come in the school and she won't do anything or call the cops. What would you call that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections