Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 12:02 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, I obviously understood Git (a place). I asked who, not where.
Just forget it.

Old 10-01-2022, 11:19 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,646,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/cri...ivil-case.html

The fact is it is easier to prove guilt in a civil trial—one reason OJ was found guilty in the civil trial for killing Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman

All the taking the 5th responses that Trump and his children did in testimony about his fraud case in NY state can be held against him in a civil case—and they will…

A civil case won’t send someone judged guilty to prison but it can bankrupt them with damages, destroy their reputations, and cause legal repercussions that follow them the rest of their lives
Unfortunately being found guilty in a civil case would not prevent Trump from running for office in and of itself—
MOST settlements in civil cases allow the sued party/ies the ability to settle w/o pleading guilty
That is what happened with Trump and his father when sued for discrimination by the Fed early in his career—they paid the largest fine yet assessed but were able to escape pleading guilty

I think James’s very public and itemized reveal of Trump’s business practices and that she has sent the evidence to the DoJ is a strong push to make this a criminal charge
But DoJ has plenty to do with Jan 6 and MarALago
I don’t know that it could justify another criminal investigation of Trump at this time
Too bad really because with Weisselberg being a witness this seems to be an easier case to prosecute despite the mound of physical evidence to plow through in a trial
And you are part of the media circus and the leftist corruption that destroys America by spouting a series of nonsense about Trump and his family.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections