Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 07:33 PM

13,748 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
In Arizona conservatives registered as independent voters more likely to vote for a libertarian if they don't like Masters, or Lake. I agree with most of the libertarian party problem is lobbyist who run this country never let it happen.

The debate probably helped both Masters and Kelly both shored up support. Their base will vote. However, Rep. have a considerable advantage in voter registration.

Victors message likely resonated with independents across the political spectrum. They now have someone to support outside of Kelly or Masters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 07:54 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The debate probably helped both Masters and Kelly both shored up support. Their base will vote. However, Rep. have a considerable advantage in voter registration.

Victors message likely resonated with independents across the political spectrum. They now have someone to support outside of Kelly or Masters.
Why do you think Republicans have a "Considerable advantage" with voter registration?

Old 10-17-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Why do you think Republicans have a "Considerable advantage" with voter registration?
They have just under 150k which certainly will help in a close race. (I'm referring to Rep vs. Dem)
https://azsos.gov/elections/results-...ion-statistics

Old 10-17-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
They have just under 150k which certainly will help in a close race. (I'm referring to Rep vs. Dem)
https://azsos.gov/elections/results-...ion-statistics

R 34.52%
D 30.97%

3.35% difference is not really a large amount that's why Biden, Kelly, and Sinima won. If you go back to 2010 you find about a 10% difference or more.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
R 34.52%
D 30.97%

3.35% difference is not really a large amount that's why Biden, Kelly, and Sinima won. If you go back to 2010 you find about a 10% difference or more.
Nevertheless 3.35% (or just under 150k) will certainly help in a close race. AZ is a purple state and I suspect all future elections will be close.

Kelly won by 79k in 2020.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:51 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is good news. People are finally waking up to our two party nightmare.

In Arizona, Libertarian Party Senate Candidate Polls at 15 Percent

Are Americans getting tired of the "choice" between dictatorial Democrats and control-freakish Republicans? Many of us would like to think so, and evidence from the crucial Arizona U.S. Senate race suggests that at least some voters are looking for an option that doesn't represent a competing brand of authoritarianism. In that contest, Libertarian Party nominee Marc Victor is polling at 15 percent and may get a further boost from his appearance in a well-timed televised debate.

"We have the best message," Victor told me. "There's absolutely no question in my mind that if you are interested in freedom, in peace, in raising standards of living, we have the right message. So, I sit and scratch my head and say I've been a libertarian 30 years, why are we still in the minority?"
I'm a Libertarian, but I'm having difficulty believing Victor is polling at 15%. You referenced a Libertarian website, so there is certain to be some bias. Victor did well in the debate, and I'm definitely voting for him, but let's see how well he actually does in the general election. Most third party candidates are lucky to get 5% of the vote (unfortunately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
If you are in Arizona Marc is the only non-extremist on the ballot.

On one hand you have Kelly, aka Mr. Gabby Gifford, an anti-gun zealot and illegal alien protectionist, with big money. On the other is Master's a right wing maga extremist, homophobe and woman hater. Only surpassed by Fincham as one of the stupidist men in AZ politics. Almost as ignorantly dumb as Kari Lake, who has absolutely zero knowledge of how government works.

Vote Libertarian, the "new" and only remaining party of moderation, or as Marc says, "live and let live."

We CAN take our country back without the extremist parties if people, especially non-aligned independents would just vote Libertarian.
I think I'd be OK with Kari Lake as Governor, but I'm still not voting for her for different reasons. Finchem would be a complete embarrassment, and there is no Libertarian candidate that I know of in the race for Secretary of State, so I'll likely vote for Fontes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulaskicountyindiana View Post
Libertarians need to vote Republican for once..
Once Republicans start behaving more like Libertarians (along the lines of Barry Goldwater & Milton Friedman), maybe that will happen.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Nevertheless 3.35% (or just under 150k) will certainly help in a close race. AZ is a purple state and I suspect all future elections will be close.

Kelly won by 79k in 2020.
You admit 3.35% is not a considerable advantage like you stated before it's a small advantage. The fact that independent voters makeup 33.72% it's really nothing at all because it only takes 3.4% of those voters to sway it one way or the other.

Getting back to the subject it's far more likely that conservative independent voters will go for the liberation party where liberal minded voters less likely to go that route.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'm a Libertarian, but I'm having difficulty believing Victor is polling at 15%. You referenced a Libertarian website, so there is certain to be some bias. Victor did well in the debate, and I'm definitely voting for him, but let's see how well he actually does in the general election. Most third party candidates are lucky to get 5% of the vote (unfortunately).

I think I'd be OK with Kari Lake as Governor, but I'm still not voting for her for different reasons. Finchem would be a complete embarrassment, and there is no Libertarian candidate that I know of in the race for Secretary of State, so I'll likely vote for Fontes.

Once Republicans start behaving more like Libertarians (along the lines of Barry Goldwater & Milton Friedman), maybe that will happen.
Finchem is an embarrassment if he does win somehow he will attempt to do everything he can to cause problems for our elections here. The worst scenario is Crazy Lake and Finchem they could refuse to sign the certificates for electors in 2024.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:29 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Finchem is an embarrassment if he does win somehow he will attempt to do everything he can to cause problems for our elections here. The worst scenario is Crazy Lake and Finchem they could refuse to sign the certificates for electors in 2024.

If there are irregularities and people that didn't get a ballot, I hope so until all LEGAL votes are counted.
Crazy Lake? is that what will make Hobbs be governor? The one that runs away from black journalists and loses twice in court for racism LMAO!

Old 10-17-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
You admit 3.35% is not a considerable advantage like you stated before it's a small advantage. The fact that independent voters makeup 33.72% it's really nothing at all because it only takes 3.4% of those voters to sway it one way or the other.

Getting back to the subject it's far more likely that conservative independent voters will go for the liberation party where liberal minded voters less likely to go that route.
O.k. "considerable" isn't correct but 3.4% is a nice advantage in a close race which is what Nov. will be. Rep have just under a 150k advantage in voter registration and Kelly won last time by 79k.

Not really. Who knew Victor was going to be on the stage? So here we all are (Dems, Reps and Independents) listening to a Libertarian make some solid points. The base support for Masters and Kelly aren't changing their vote. But independents? Those not keen on either Kelly or Masters now have an option.

They don't have to "hold their nose" so to speak and vote Dem or Rep.

Last edited by john3232; 10-17-2022 at 11:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections