Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 11:11 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,312,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
O.k. "considerable" isn't correct but it is a nice advantage in a close race which is what Nov. will be. Rep have just under a 150k advantage in voter registration and Kelly won last time by 79k.

Getting back to the subject it's far more likely that conservative independent voters will go for the liberation party where liberal minded voters less likely to go that route.

Not really. Who knew Victor was going to be on the stage? So here we all are (Dems, Reps and Independents) listening to a Libertarian make some solid points. The base support for Masters and Kelly aren't changing their vote. But independents? Those not keen on either Kelly or Masters now have an option.

They don't have to "hold their nose" so to speak and vote Dem or Rep.
Conservative registered as independent voters are more likely to have more in common with Libertarians not democrats. This is common knowledge that's why Masters will lose.

Lake has a better chance due to the fact that Hobbs has gotten worse over time not sure what is going on with her.

If someone like Mark Kelly was running against Lake Dems would win both Senate and Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 11:17 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Conservative registered as independent voters are more likely to have more in common with Libertarians not democrats. This is common knowledge that's why Masters will lose.

Lake has a better chance due to the fact that Hobbs has gotten worse over time not sure what is going on with her.

If someone like Mark Kelly was running against Lake Dems would win both Senate and Governor.

Well, considering the money the Kelly campaign continues to spend I doubt they are quite as confident.

Republicans outnumber Democrats in battleground Arizona, new statistics show

Democrats have flexed their political muscles in Arizona in the last two election cycles, winning Senate and presidential contests, and even threatening to primary Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., over her centrist positions.

But Arizona isn’t a blue state. Far from it.

New voter registration statistics from the secretary of state’s office, first reported by ABC15, show Republicans outnumbering Democrats by nearly 4 percentage points among active voters, 34.5% to 30.9% — or approximately 150,000 voters.

It’s the GOP’s widest registration advantage in the state since 2018, ABC15 adds.

Unaffiliated voters represent 33.7% of the state’s active voters — slightly behind the GOP but ahead of Democrats.

...Two developments have helped Democrats win in Arizona — first Sinema in 2018, then Joe Biden and Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Ariz., in 2020 — despite that GOP registration advantage.

One, Sinema (50%-47%), Biden (53%-44%) and Kelly (55%-45%) all won the independent voters, according to NBC News’ exit polls.

And two, all three candidates peeled off about 10% of Republican voters, while holding on to almost all Democratic voters (96%-97%).

...Bottom line: Arizona is a purple state, where Democrats need independents and disaffected Republicans to win — in a state where the GOP holds the registration advantage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...s-sh-rcna37881

Last edited by john3232; 10-17-2022 at 11:43 PM..

Old 10-18-2022, 12:14 AM

Fun fact:

In 2020, with the presidential election at the top of the ballot, Arizona had the “second highest voter turnout in state history – 79.9%” Bentz said.

This year, with the election for governor at the top of the ballot, “what we will see is turnout in this (general) election will be somewhere between 60% and 65%,” Bentz said.

“That means 700,000 fewer voters will vote this November than voted two years ago. It’s simply the way this works,” Bentz said.
https://azednews.com/what-to-expect-...ral-elections/

Old 10-18-2022, 06:56 AM

19,798 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The Green party helped Trump get elected. The knife cuts both ways.
Maybe but it cuts unevenly.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:58 AM

19,798 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulaskicountyindiana View Post
Libertarians need to vote Republican for once..
Many won't. A good number love to play the spoiler role.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:01 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,312,118 times
AZ family CH3 local news polled Arizona in that poll shows 52.1% independent voters will vote for Hobbs with only 35.5% voting for Lake that isn't good for Lake. Skip the video up to 1:08

Old 10-18-2022, 04:08 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
AZ family CH3 local news polled Arizona in that poll shows 52.1% independent voters will vote for Hobbs with only 35.5% voting for Lake that isn't good for Lake. Skip the video up to 1:08

Remember that the only true poll is the election results in November. I'm not predicting the outcome as of yet, but I think Lake has the advantage. Hobbs seems to be imploding her own campaign on purpose. As was mentioned by somebody else in another thread, she doesn't act like she wants to be Governor. I'm actually surprised a majority of Democrats gave her the nomination when she refused to debate her opponent in the primary.

Old 10-18-2022, 04:16 PM

For what its worth: Another poll from the same local outfit.
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/10/18/...y-senate-race/

*HighGround’s survey shows that Kelly’s lead among PND voters has narrowed to about five points: 39.5% to 34.6%, meaning he’s not getting as much support from Independents as he was before. Bentz adds that Masters has solidified his lead in the 65 and older category, similar to the governor’s race where a large percentage of survey participants in that age group said they would vote for Kari Lake over Katie Hobbs.

*Arizona’s Family has partnered with HighGround, the oldest public affairs firm in the state, to take a closer look at the biggest races in this year’s midterm election and possible outcomes by polling voters.

Last edited by john3232; 10-18-2022 at 05:00 PM..

Old 10-18-2022, 05:55 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulaskicountyindiana View Post
Libertarians need to vote Republican for once..
I would say Republicans need to vote Libertarian for once. And Democrats need to vote Lilbertarian for once. The two party problem is solved.

Old 10-26-2022, 07:26 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is good news. People are finally waking up to our two party nightmare.

In Arizona, Libertarian Party Senate Candidate Polls at 15 Percent

Are Americans getting tired of the "choice" between dictatorial Democrats and control-freakish Republicans? Many of us would like to think so, and evidence from the crucial Arizona U.S. Senate race suggests that at least some voters are looking for an option that doesn't represent a competing brand of authoritarianism. In that contest, Libertarian Party nominee Marc Victor is polling at 15 percent and may get a further boost from his appearance in a well-timed televised debate.

"We have the best message," Victor told me. "There's absolutely no question in my mind that if you are interested in freedom, in peace, in raising standards of living, we have the right message. So, I sit and scratch my head and say I've been a libertarian 30 years, why are we still in the minority?"
I'm okay with this. Anyone who tells me that the 2 party system is all we have, I disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections