Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 03:48 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's placing faith in the USPS that I just don't have.

I dropped my ballot off in person at the county board of elections.
Ooh, I’m surprised that you and I agree on this, given your emphatic support for Joe Biden, Democrats, and big government in general.

I also drop my ballot off at the Dropbox in front my county Clerk and Recorder’s office because I don’t want to risk the ballot getting lost or delayed by the Postal Service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 05:39 PM

616 posts, read 341,612 times
4 days gives the Democrats time to find just enough uncounted ballots in the trunk of someone's car. See past Minnesota Elections to see how that works.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:56 PM

269 posts, read 247,780 times
I surrendered my mail-in ballot today at the early voting tent so that I could vote in person, which I did today. I just don't feel that secure with the US Postal Service. Sometimes my medications are delivered to my neighbors. So I figured I'd better vote in person rather than mail in this ballot.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Because the Post Office isn't instant?...

/thread

Perfectly summed up.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richzimme View Post
Received my Nevada ballot in the mail yesterday and noticed that the election department needs to receive it within 4 days after election day for it to count.

I thought mail-in voting made the process easier and more efficient. I'm perplexed as to why even with mail-in voting the Nevada Election Department has to give 4 days after election day just to receive the ballot?

I don't know why I thought the election would be decided on Election Day.

You realize when the news "calls" a state, the election still isn't officially decided, right?

Old 10-24-2022, 09:23 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I'm not a fan of early or mail-in voting (except legitimate absentee), but I understand that some areas are so populous that it's very had for people to actually go to the polls on election day. So they have to be more flexible.

Nevada only has about 3.1 million people so mail-in isn't justtified based solely on population. Las Vegas is the only really large city. I suppose that many people live quite a ways from their polling place, so maybe that's the justification.

But I think that people should make the effort to actually show up in person to excerise their privilege of voting, and have to show a proper ID when doing so.
Las Vegas tends to the be the problem since it is so huge in relation to the rest of the state. Literally 2M of the 3 million residence live in the Vegas metro. Nevada and NM are basically one huge metro, a couple of outlying towns and vast expanses with very few voters except for 2-3 smaller cities. Vegas also has huge numbers or retirees and huge numbers of service workers who do not live on a typical 9-5 work schedule. There are states with l

Old 10-25-2022, 08:32 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's placing faith in the USPS that I just don't have.

I dropped my ballot off in person at the county board of elections.
That's what I did too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections