Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,446,866 times

Advertisements

Well, Rev Hagee really is the gift that keeps on giving. Now we have good McCain friend traitorous Joe Lieberman scheduled to headline another McCain good buddy Pastor John Hagee's 2008 Christians United For Israel Washington-Israel Summit on July 22.

Believe it or not, last year, when Lieberman spoke at Hagee's summit, he compared Hagee to Moses and referred to the neo nazi pastor as "an Ish Elochim," or "a man of God." Looks like Rev. Hagee isn't going away anytime soon.

Max Blumenthal: Joseph Lieberman To Headline Upcoming Pastor Hagee Summit - Politics on The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,216,265 times
What is it with Lieberman?! He's an Orthodox Jew! How can he do this?

And why on earth the loathsome Hagee, out of all those nutty guys? Because he's in Texas and owns a TV network? Oh, never mind.

Disgusting.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 AM

743 posts, read 2,071,928 times
Lieberman supports the pro-censorship watchdog PTC. I have stopped supporting him after that fact.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What is it with Lieberman?! He's an Orthodox Jew! How can he do this?

And why on earth the loathsome Hagee, out of all those nutty guys? Because he's in Texas and owns a TV network? Oh, never mind.

Disgusting.
Lieberman, Hagee and McCain... they're good at hating, justifying the deaths of others and making judgments. Perhaps that's where they find common ground.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:08 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,860,467 times
McCain never cared about Hagee's anti Catholic rants, but when he said something against the Jews it was time to go. I suppose he thinks Lieberman, as a Jew can give him "cover". It's time for Lieberman to GO.

golfgod

Old 05-27-2008, 09:10 AM

I dont see what's in this for Lieberman. Is McCain going to have to "distance himself" from him, too? I would expect so.

Didnt McCain see this coming a mile away?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:32 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,061,045 times
McCain rejected Hagee's endorsement... that's the important thing. And, McCain made a statement that is included in the article that denounces his radical beliefs.

" While initially resisting pressure to reject Hagee's endorsement, McCain finally ended his relationship with Hagee when a sermon by the preacher describing the Holocaust as the will of God...

"Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Rev. Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well," McCain said on May 22."

Why is McCain being blamed for Lieberman's actions? Can McCain control Joe Lieberman?
But, if Hagee is saying the Holocaust was God's will... how long do you think Liebermn will be around?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Why is McCain being blamed for Lieberman's actions? Can McCain control Joe Lieberman?
But, if Hagee is saying the Holocaust was God's will... how long do you think Liebermn will be around?
Leiberman is co-chair of the McCain "Connecticut Leadership Team."

I agree about how long will he be around, but he attended Hagee's "Summit" last year as the OP pointed out. So this isnt a surprise to the McCain people.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
McCain rejected Hagee's endorsement... that's the important thing. And, McCain made a statement that is included in the article that denounces his radical beliefs.

While initially resisting pressure to reject Hagee's endorsement, McCain finally ended his relationship with Hagee when a sermon by the preacher describing the Holocaust as the will of God...

"Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Rev. Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well," McCain said on May 22.

Joe Lieberman has endorsed McCain, he is a good friend of McCain, he even whispers in his ear corrections when the old man has a "senior moment." There are even rumors that Lieberman is being considered as McCain's VP.

The Hagee connection to McCain is not going away, particularly when you have his good friend Joe Lieberman attending events given by Hagee. What a trio of war mongering haters....McCain, Lieberman and Hagee.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:52 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,813,163 times
Isn't Joe Liberman the most confused senator on the senate floor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections