Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times

Advertisements

After the last two primaries (Montana and South Dakota) Several dozen superdelegates will endorse Obama putting him over the top of the magic number to clinch the nomination. BTW Obama holds a huge lead in Montana and is expected to win South Dakota.

Bottom Line...Its over and Obama is about to capture the democratic nomination...Sorry Major Minor....Barack Hussein Obama will be the democratic nominee and the next president of the United States.

ABC News: Democrats Approach Primary Finish Line

Last edited by gsoboi; 05-27-2008 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,722 times
It has been over for a long time. It's just that we have these two stubborn folks named [the Clintons] who just think the nomination is entitled to them no matter what the reality is.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:14 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
It has been over for a long time. It's just that we have these two stubborn folks named [the Clintons] who just think the nomination is entitled to them no matter what the reality is.
As mentioned a while back, the Clintons have about 11 million reasons ($) to keep the campaign active. Even to the Clintons that is a lot of spare change.

//www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ays-money.html

Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Hillary so pathetic

Old 05-27-2008, 11:01 AM

The Field » “The Cardoza 40″: Exodus of Clinton Delegates Begins (http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/?p=1258 - broken link)

"The Field has learned that Cardoza is the first of a group of at least 40 Clinton delegates, many of them from California, that through talking among themselves came to a joint decision that all of them would vote for Obama at the convention.

They have informed Senator Clinton that it’s time to unite around Obama, and that they will be coming out, one or two at a time, and announcing their switch between now and the convention if Senator Clinton doesn’t do the same."

some of Hillary's PLEDGED delegates will be switching to Obama as well!

LETS GET THE PARTY MUSIC ON! C+C Music Factory........EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The Field » “The Cardoza 40″: Exodus of Clinton Delegates Begins (http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/?p=1258 - broken link)

"The Field has learned that Cardoza is the first of a group of at least 40 Clinton delegates, many of them from California, that through talking among themselves came to a joint decision that all of them would vote for Obama at the convention.

They have informed Senator Clinton that it’s time to unite around Obama, and that they will be coming out, one or two at a time, and announcing their switch between now and the convention if Senator Clinton doesn’t do the same."

some of Hillary's PLEDGED delegates will be switching to Obama as well!

LETS GET THE PARTY MUSIC ON! C+C Music Factory........EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!
While I think it would be nice to move on and finalize the Democratic candidate, I have to say that I'm not particularly pleased that some of the delegates switching are apparently not Superdelegates, but rather Pledged ones. Seems to me that they should put their support behind the way the votes were made.

Ken

Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
While I think it would be nice to move on and finalize the Democratic candidate, I have to say that I'm not particularly pleased that some of the delegates switching are apparently not Superdelegates, but rather Pledged ones. Seems to me that they should put their support behind the way the votes were made.

Ken
I feel the same way.
But... it is time to end this thing, so I'll do a happy dance.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
I think the minimum delegates needed to win the nomination IS going to change, ie FL & MI will add to the delegate count.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think the minimum delegates needed to win the nomination IS going to change, ie FL & MI will add to the delegate count.
true but it appears that enough superdelegates will back Obama which will make the delegate minimum change mute if those states are counted.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
I dont know about South Dakota, it's a pretty conservative state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections