Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 03:17 PM

14,414 posts, read 14,334,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
This is a very important Senate race. Murkowski is a RINO who often votes with the Democrats while Tshibaka is a principled conservative. Whoever you support, that makes this a high-stakes race.

That is because Tshibaka is anti-abortion and Murkowski is pro-abortion.
A good reason in and of itself to vote for Murkowski.

Principled conservatives don't see to take a way a person's right to make the most personal decisions about their body. If that isn't liberty within the meaning of the Constitution than I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 04:38 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,798,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
This is a very important Senate race. Murkowski is a RINO who often votes with the Democrats while Tshibaka is a principled conservative. Whoever you support, that makes this a high-stakes race.

That is because Tshibaka is anti-abortion and Murkowski is pro-abortion.
This would not have been an election issue at all if it wasn't for the shortsighted GOP court ruling.

The court did more damage to the GOP than Trump did.

Old 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
lol...the far and away #1 welfare per capita state of the 50...is libertarian?

Yeah...sure they are.

Murkowski is pure awful big government grifter who is in the Stevens-Young-Murkowski cabal of personal enrichment from federal pork. Most corrupt Republicans anywhere, maybe ever.
Everything in Alaska costs far more than it does in the lower 48 and always has.

When a several thousand dollar voucher arrives in the mailbox every year, no one is so politically pure as to give it back to the state. Especially when it's always been the citizen's part of the take.

Back in the past, over 50 years ago, Alaskans were determined that the big oil companies must be forced to pay for the huge wealth they were preparing to pump out of Alaskan soil, and that money was going to the common folks who live in the tiny little towns and always need it.

They did a good job getting it. It's a point of pride to them.

Old 11-11-2022, 01:35 PM

25,842 posts, read 12,881,113 times
Tshibaka is up by 1.4%. I hope this holds, because its like flipping a seat from the Dems.

Murkowski votes with Dems 76% of the time.

Old 11-11-2022, 01:50 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Tshibaka is up by 1.4%. I hope this holds, because its like flipping a seat from the Dems.

Unlikely to hold and Alaska has RCV, Murkowski almost certainly will win this.

Old 11-11-2022, 04:57 PM

2,069 posts, read 1,678,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

That's a total crock and you just made that up. Murkowski votes with the Republicans 95% of the time.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:47 AM

20,128 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
That's a total crock and you just made that up. Murkowski votes with the Republicans 95% of the time.
What is true is that she is one of the senators who thinks you should confirm judges based on legal competence not political leanings. My guess is he’s added judge conformation votes into the percentage and in that case, given she has served predominantly during Democratic presidencies, the 76% sounds about right. However, on legislation she does vote with Republicans.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:59 AM

2,069 posts, read 1,678,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
What is true is that she is one of the senators who thinks you should confirm judges based on legal competence not political leanings. My guess is he’s added judge conformation votes into the percentage and in that case, given she has served predominantly during Democratic presidencies, the 76% sounds about right. However, on legislation she does vote with Republicans.

No, 76% is not right and an outright fabrication. I live in Alaska and have been voting in Alaska for over 25 years. I follow the politics and what you are saying is a flat out lie.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:45 AM

20,128 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
No, 76% is not right and an outright fabrication. I live in Alaska and have been voting in Alaska for over 25 years. I follow the politics and what you are saying is a flat out lie.
Dude, when someone says “my guess is…” they are telling you they are not presenting something as a fact but rather their opinion.

Saying she is one of the senators that votes on judges based legal competence not ideology is a compliment, not an insult. She does vote almost 100% of the time for all judges, no matter who nominated them or who else did or didn’t vote for them. Additionally, while I didn’t specifically say she voted with Republicans more than 76% of the time on legislation I thought my implication that she did so was clear. You want to go with 95% I have no interest in disputing that and didn’t. Sheesh.

Not sure why you are so bent out of shape but maybe you should turn down the flame just tad bit.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:17 PM

6,115 posts, read 2,737,407 times
Alaska Rep. Mary Peltola, the Democrat who won a special election that sent her to Congress this summer, will once again thwart former Gov. Sarah Palin’s bid for a political comeback. CNN projected Wednesday that Peltola will win the race for Alaska’s at-large House seat after the state’s ranked choice voting tabulation, defeating Palin and Republican Nick Begich III.

CNN also projected that Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski will win reelection. She’ll defeat Republican Kelly Tshibaka and Democrat Patricia Chesbro. CNN had previously projected that a Republican would hold the seat.

Womp Womp Womp. Trump loses again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections