Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:01 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yes, our buildings did get in the way of the hijackers on 9/11...

Don't be absurd.

"Rebranding" is a meaningless feel-good term. America isn't selling itself. That's for wh*res like the Europeans. We simply need to say what we mean and mean what we say. In my opinion, we do not attack often enough -- always remembering that there are other ways to attack than militarily...
Yes, our buildings did get knocked down. But I believe you are confused because the fact is something like 15 of the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, one of our supposed allies. And as far as attacking more, I just don't know how we could do that. We have our diplomatic fingers in so many pies already that our plate is just about full. Top it off with the cream of a continuing war in Iraq, a possibly imminent attack on Iran, our negotiations with North Korea, and our war on terrorism in Afghanistan and around the world. We definitely get around enough as it is, no need to open up any more cans of worms just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:16 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,603,135 times
Quote:
Yes, our buildings did get in the way of the hijackers on 9/11...

Don't be absurd.
Not so fast.

What did Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraq and Iran have to do with our buildings and the highjakers of 9/11??

The answer is absolutely nothing.

Yet our motivations for attacking Iraq seemed to change everytime it was proven that the previous reason given was bogus.

When all else fails, they always fall back on "Well, we need to protect Israel".

As I've stated in the past, drawing a line in the sand dividing Israel and the US from the rest of the arab world has really benefitted the US nothing.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times
I would bet that the deplomats set the agenda for the talks ong before the leaders met. It miht be a news flash to sone but Reagan did the same thing. But they had agreements before there was any face to face talks.Same goes for very president in the past.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,354,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

As I've stated in the past, drawing a line in the sand dividing Israel and the US from the rest of the arab world has really benefitted the US nothing.
Except to put us firmly on the side of justice.

That means a lot to some people.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:02 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,354,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Yes, our buildings did get knocked down. But I believe you are confused because the fact is something like 15 of the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, one of our supposed allies. And as far as attacking more, I just don't know how we could do that. We have our diplomatic fingers in so many pies already that our plate is just about full. Top it off with the cream of a continuing war in Iraq, a possibly imminent attack on Iran, our negotiations with North Korea, and our war on terrorism in Afghanistan and around the world. We definitely get around enough as it is, no need to open up any more cans of worms just yet.
No one is opening any can of worms. The topic is Israel's discussions with Syria and whether the US should emulate them.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:30 AM

403 posts, read 749,477 times
Quote:

Yeledaf
Subjective Antiquarian

Israel can defeat anyone she wishes to defeat. Hezbollah in its cowardice hid in Lebanon so as to maximize civilian casualties. If Hezbollah continues to threaten Israel, the recent action will look like a Sunday school picnic, as the Israelis will force Hezbollah to meet them man-to-man on the battlefield...

You are aware, by the way, of how Israel came to acquire the Golan...?

1) Israel FAILED to defeat hezbollah during the lebonon invasion. Its not my opinon, its a simple fact. Israel FAILED to gets its solider back. This is also not my opinion, its a fact. In fact, it strenght shia community resistance to Israel and improve hezbolah position within that community.
You can call hezbollah coward---feeling morally superior?-- but they know that they can't defeat Israel(a superior military) in traditional battle. Jewish groups used terrorism aganist british soliders, Irish used terrorism aganist british military, U.S helped afghan learn superior terrorist methods aganist soviet empire(not related to Osama or talbain). Terrorism is a effective tool aganist great powers by military inferior groups.

2) Yes, I do know about golan heights war. Remember the 1956 Egypt invasion by Israel, france and britain?

Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 AM

36,666 posts, read 67,603,135 times
Quote:
Except to put us firmly on the side of justice.
We should be a neutral party in that region's problems, not the most prominent antagonist.

Quote:
That means a lot to some people.
Too much of our foreign policy is disguised as "justice".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections