Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 07:37 PM

6,828 posts, read 14,047,739 times

Advertisements

I saw a poll and he was way behind Trump and DeSantis. Infact he trailed Pence and Haley and they both were in the single digits. I want to say Pence was at 8% Haley 6% and Pompeo was at 3%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2023, 07:48 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
He has zero % chance of winning anything. He is a follower not a leader.

Old 02-20-2023, 06:05 AM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
He has zero % chance of winning anything. He is a follower not a leader.
Joe Biden was a follower his entire life...and now he's President...while still following what his puppetmasters say.

I saw Pompeo speak about a year ago down here in SW Florida at a Pub Party function, & he's not an inspirational speaker at all.

Mike's experience, & policies will attract more attention as more become aware of him...he's unknown to most American's. He's very genuine & sincere...comes off as honest, credible & trustworthy....grounded.

Pompeo is too much of a DC clubber for me...he's part of our past. I prefer a President from outside the DC circles that is more forward looking.

I like this guy I just discovered this morning...a total unknown, I don't even know how to pronounce his name yet:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/vivek-...-2024-decision

I think this guy would crush Pompeo in a debate, because his ideas are so solid.

Old 02-20-2023, 07:42 AM

3,252 posts, read 3,208,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Joe Biden was a follower his entire life...and now he's President...while still following what his puppetmasters say.

I saw Pompeo speak about a year ago down here in SW Florida at a Pub Party function, & he's not an inspirational speaker at all.

Mike's experience, & policies will attract more attention as more become aware of him...he's unknown to most American's. He's very genuine & sincere...comes off as honest, credible & trustworthy....grounded.

Pompeo is too much of a DC clubber for me...he's part of our past. I prefer a President from outside the DC circles that is more forward looking.

I like this guy I just discovered this morning...a total unknown, I don't even know how to pronounce his name yet:

I think this guy would crush Pompeo in a debate, because his ideas are so solid.
Whoever Pompeo hired as his image consultant has done a great job. How much weight has he lost? Doesn’t look like the same person. It’s still early to see how close he’ll get to a Republican presidential nomination. He is smart and knows his way around DC but he has yet to demonstrate that ability to inspire blue collar Americans, I think.

I agree with you about Vivek Ramaswamy—he is not afraid to face off with liberals and debate. And he does it with such finesse, class and humor. Very intelligent charismatic guy. He was on Bill Maher about a year ago and held his own with Bill and the panel. He makes the news shows rounds, and did it a lot promoting his book, Woke Inc.

A successful businessman, lawyer, author. A fresh face. Young. We need new energy and ideas, not same old recycled BS.

Old 02-20-2023, 07:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,468,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
... It’s still early to see how close he’ll get to a Republican presidential nomination. He is smart and knows his way around DC but he has yet to demonstrate that ability to inspire blue collar Americans, I think.
Republicans do not inspire blue collar workers.

They deceive them. Big difference.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:29 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,058,602 times
He fits the republican mold:
- extreme anti-abortion guy, wants it banned at conception, even in cases of rape.
- supports US government spying on its own citizens.
- Strongly opposes reduced greenhouse gas
- Christian fundamentalist, uses slurs to describe Mulsims
- opposes affordable healthcare

The pubs are just printing photocopies. Not sure how they expect to win another presidency.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:11 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,380,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
- opposes affordable healthcare
That was supposed to be accomplished with the Affordable Care Act.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:57 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Biden only won because Trump was running against him Americans had enough of Trump. Biden winning has nothing to do with Mike Pompeo winning. Mike Pompeo is an unknown who has little Chrisma on his own he is not a leader.

Old 02-21-2023, 10:03 PM

17,816 posts, read 13,724,212 times
"Meatball Ron". "Dumplin' Donald". "Mike Plumpeo". This ought to be good.

Old 02-21-2023, 10:35 PM

10,118 posts, read 7,788,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville_Native View Post
One of my best friends here in Los Angeles was visiting New York last year- he ended up meeting two GOP operatives at the University Club in Manhattan where they insisted that Pompeo would end up being the 2024 candidate. Granted, that was almost a year ago. But most people are even more tired of Trump now than ever before, and DeSantis is knee deep in culture wars that are eventually going to rub voters the wrong way. We won't know for sure until several months from now, imho
Who exactly is DeSantis running the wrong way? The left? If so, then that's a good thing. That means DeSantis is a good option. We surely don't want someone the left approve of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections