Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 06:20 PM

25,712 posts, read 12,786,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Well, Obama did. But even there, they got him a couple of years in the Senate before running for Prez. I don't see what Ramaswamy has done that qualifies him for the job.
Career politicians have us $32T in debt, so do you want more of "qualified" politicians?"

Please wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2023, 06:35 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Unleashing fossil and nuclear energy and merit based immigration to drive economic growth is what he has proposed.
That's all?

No, that's not all.

He said he would wage war in Mexico and put social media under government control. Those are signs that he is just trying to sound like he has a solution to everything people talk about, be it real or imaginary, but those are horrible solutions.

A good candidate identifies the core issues, and makes them the priority.

Culture war is not the priority.

Controlling social media is not the priority.

Drug war is somewhat a priority, but not top priority, and even if it was, we can't use the military and attack other countries.

Economy is always a priority, and division is a huge priority. He did not address either.

Unfortunately the front runners in GOP are running on more division, not less. And dems, well, they have a problem since they can't find anyone to replace Biden, who is most likely NOT going to have a 2nd term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Career politicians have us $32T in debt, so do you want more of "qualified" politicians?" Please wake up.
And a non-career politician increased the debt faster than anyone, and its not even close. Yes, wake up please

Old 07-27-2023, 06:42 AM

15,417 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Are you kidding me? How insanely quickly we forget.

Barack Obama. He came out of nowhere. Gave a great speech at the 2004 Democrat National Convention.

Next thing you know - President of the United States just 4 years later. On the very first try.

I know. I fell for it at, at first. When you have an inarticulate President (as in George W. Bush, and currently the mumbler in chief Biden) and here comes someone with the gift for eloquent speaking, it sounds so good. It's kind of spellbinding. At first. Then it just get's old when you discover there is no real substance behind it.

But it is deceiving. We don't need a great speech giver. We need someone to take charge of a country that is crumbling, fast.

I feel like DeSantis is not getting a fair shake because he is not a particularly charismatic speaker.
DeSantis IS getting a fair shake, but his authoritarian streak and pettiness are driving people away.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:45 AM

15,417 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Unleashing fossil and nuclear energy and merit based immigration to drive economic growth is what he has proposed.
There is nothing to unleash with fossil fuels. Drilling proceeds apace now, and the most productive areas are running out of drillable prospects.

More nuclear would be good, but there is tremendous opposition , and the industry itself can't seem to come up with designs that are economical and can be built relatively quickly. Maybe it's time to look at a version of military reactors. They are smaller, but more could be built.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:48 AM

15,956 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
If he announces the America first party will have 2 Indian candidates and 1 American candidate. The irony is very satisfying, at at least to me.
They are all Americans.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:51 AM

15,956 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I don't think this guy has ever had a job in gov't, so any nickname with the word "swamp" in it wouldn't fit.

I wonder if he really made $600M from scratch by the age of 37, or if he was funded by wealthy parents?

I dont like the fact that he went to Ivy League schools...graduates from those places have us $31.5T in debt.

I'm going to see if there are any video's of him speaking on youtube, & if so watch a few of them.
You mean like Ted Cruze, Desantis, Trump? They all went to Ivies. They just dont want YOU to go.

Old 07-27-2023, 10:12 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
While I am sure that Ramaswamy is head and shoulders above Trump in intelligence and ability and willingness to learn, I am more comfortable with someone who has actual government experience. After going through the Trump administration debacle, the last thing I want is a President who would have to go through on the job training. Leading the US government is a whole lot different than running a business.
Continuing to elect swamp-entrenched politicians is what's gotten us in a heap of trouble.
Trump 'could' have been the outlier who proved to naysayers that people w/out 'government' experience could run this country just as well as those with that experience. Unfortunately, he was not that guy although I'd have to say I agreed with most of what he did policy wise.

I'm willing to bet on another outside man/woman for the job. The smart ones surround themselves with the brightest minds in the most critical fields and listen to their counsel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections