Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:24 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,872,765 times

Advertisements

Not to take any sides in this "debate", but jaybone666 you keep writing, inferring, as in;
Quote:
inferring you know more than I.

YOU are inferring, they are "implyiing" they know more than you.

Please, flame on.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 PM

10,654 posts, read 18,717,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
You've added more to your air of superiority by your responses than I ever could have. What exactly have you proven, besides the fact that you have bad grammar? "Call it liberal arrogance if you want, at least I know that the authors political party" What the hell does that even mean? I assume it's another futile attempt of yours to make me look less intelligent than you. Good job.
Oh please, are we resorting to grammar attacks? Read through my posts, then read through yours, and tell me who has the grammar problem. You can see there that in the sentence you were referencing, I edited it, and did not remove the word that. Oh noes!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:33 PM

524 posts, read 841,989 times
Thank you for the grammar lesson, professor, but there are many people on here who need your expertise more than I do. I'm willing to give up my piece of that pie so that others may have more.

Will we ever get back to the subject, or shall we nitpick all night?

Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Oh please, are we resorting to grammar attacks? Read through my posts, then read through yours, and tell me who has the grammar problem. You can see there that in the sentence you were referencing, I edited it, and did not remove the word that. Oh noes!
No, I honestly did not understand that sentence.

Unfortunately, in your attempt to explain you have only confused me more. I really don't understand those last 2 sentences above.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:40 PM

10,654 posts, read 18,717,110 times
Read it again.

In the sentence you are referencing:

I edited it for clarity - and instead of removing the word "that" after inserting the word "the", I accidentally left it in.

Remove the word "that" from the original sentence and it reads very clearly. It is obvious that it is a editing mistake.

Oh noes, on the other hand, added for amusement alone.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Well I'm not going to go back and do your homework for you. If you have something to say, say it. If not, don't. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections