Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:38 PM

524 posts, read 840,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So, what do you think about McCain being at #4 on the list? For a comment spoken from his own mouth?
Well, I like the fact that McCain beat him, if that's what you mean.

THIS JUST IN: This thread isn't about McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 01:41 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,696,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Well, I like the fact that McCain beat him, if that's what you mean.

THIS JUST IN: This thread isn't about McCain.
So let me get this straight.

You single out Obama for being #9 on this list, for a comment he didn't even make, saying he is "self-destructing".

Yet in fair debate, McCain being #4 on the SAME LIST, for comments he made himself should not be discussed?

I think you just want everyone to agree with you.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
So let me get this straight.

You single out Obama for being #9 on this list, for a comment he didn't even make, saying he is "self-destructing".

Yet in fair debate, McCain being #4 on the SAME LIST, for comments he made himself should not be discussed?

I think you just want everyone to agree with you.
On the contrary; if everyone agreed on everything, the world would be a very boring place.

Yes, I singled out Obambi because I'm a big, ugly racist.

You're free to discuss what McCain said, I'm not stopping you from starting a thread on that.

I'm merely adding one more thing to the HUGE list of lies & gaffes Obambi has publicly made, thereby decimating his chances of winning over the general public.

Instead of discussing what he said, the response has been "What about what that other guy over there is doing?" Again, this thread isn't about what the other guy is doing.

Feel free to keep trying to deflect it, though.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
On the contrary; if everyone agreed on everything, the world would be a very boring place.

Yes, I singled out Obambi because I'm a big, ugly racist.

You're free to discuss what McCain said, I'm not stopping you from starting a thread on that.

I'm merely adding one more thing to the HUGE list of lies & gaffes Obambi has publicly made, thereby decimating his chances of winning over the general public.

Instead of discussing what he said, the response has been "What about what that other guy over there is doing?" Again, this thread isn't about what the other guy is doing.

Feel free to keep trying to deflect it, though.
I guess you didn't read the article, because Obama did not say anything.

Feel free to cling to your chain letter list of "lies" if it makes you sleep better at night.
snopes.com: Obama's 50 Lies

Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I guess you didn't read the article, because Obama did not say anything.
Well, one of us definitely isn't reading. Go back and re-read the first post. How surprising you reacted to it without reading it. The part I posted in, quite clearly, says:

Listed No. 9 on Time’s list of presidential campaign trail faux pas is “The campaign of Democratic Senator Barack Obama referring to Clinton (broken link) as ‘Hillary Clinton, D-Punjab,” in a jab at her work on behalf of Indian-Americans.”

You might want to stop now and save some face.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Read it again. Now read what you bolded again.

Now show me where it says Barack Obama made that remark.

Thanks.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Read it again. Now read what you bolded again.

Now show me where it says Barack Obama made that remark.

Thanks.
Once again, (sigh), I never stated Obambi "made that remark". I pasted in a racist remark that was uttered by his campaign. It clearly states that right in the beginning of this thread.

However, if his campaign cannot claim to speak for him, perhaps he should hire new people.....

Old 05-29-2008, 02:49 PM

I love how you call him Obambi! So mature!

Anywhhoooo, he publicly censured his staff and put policies in place to prevent it from happening in the future.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Glad you like it.

Everyone else seems to also. I think it might stick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections