Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
So if the same thing I suggested were directed towards Obama in a mocking way it would be a hoot? I know you won't provide a straight answer, but please try.

Why would I be offended, I thought he was just talking about Hillary, remember there we no racial overtones.

Too funny, you obviously can't keep you story straight. Don't be offended but are you one of those whitey hating people that Obama has had to disassociate himself from to get the Democrat nomination. Just curious.
Okay lets put things into context and see how much sense they make given the fact that this was a sure NOD for Hillary prior to the start of the primaries.

Hillary's perspective
I'm whiiiite
I'm Bill's wife
This nomination is mine
There's a black man stealing my show
Ehhhhhh, Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Obama's perspective
I'm blaaack
I'm Michelle's husband.....(Who...., Michelle)??? I'm sorry who?
This nomination is mine
There's a white woman stealing my show
Ehhhhh, Ehhhhhhhhh

Now which joke would you rather tell to your audience? Again, it all comes back to the same thing....it was nothing but something with a comic sense that some bitter white folks are trying to turn into a "race" thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:31 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,955,643 times
I saw the video this morning, I was very puzzled by his manner of speaking, aside from that I must say I have personally thought some of the same thoughts about Hillary and the reason why she is so angry about losing the primary, which to me has nothing to do with Barack's race, but rather the fact that she feels he pushed his way to the head of the line without paying all the dues that she has paid.
However, I found an article this afternoon by the other guest speaker from that Sunday at The Trinity United Churh of Christ and found her message to be much more on par with Barack Obama's feelings on race.
The article was on Googlenews and her name is Rev. Susan Brooks Thistlewaite and her sermon was much different from Rev. Pfleger's, I wonder why there was no news coverage of her sermon? since she said nothing inflamatory, I guess it deserved no air time? since her sermon was calling for civility and respect, no one cares to listen?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM

524 posts, read 840,242 times
I saw a poll on Fox News yesterday saying 87% of people think this new pastor will be a huge problem for him. Anybody else see that?

For all you Fox haters/Obamkins that I know will just have to chime in, check the ratings. Fox destroys everybody. Sometimes all of them combined. Could it be a vast right wing conspiracy manipulating the numbers? Or do we just not know any better? Racism, maybe? Try watching it before you attempt to belittle it. There's a reason half the country watches it.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,650,316 times
Well, the sad reality is that a younger "pretty boy" is going to win out every time over a middle aged female. A base answer, but a truism. You see it in the business arena all the time. Cruel axiom.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...you don't agree with your messiah and his remarks regarding the good rev pfleger? Basically apologizing for such back-ward, divisive comments? Obviously the great one thought the comments were bad enough to jump right on it.

Or do you agree with Wright who says that Obama is a politician and will say what he needs to say?
Of coure politicians do what they have to do to get elected. It's about how one goes about doing it. Of course Obama had to reject Rev. Wright or it would be a bad image for his political campaign. Now, do you honestly believe that McCain travelled to Iraq in order to assess the situation? Do you honestly think that Hillary's "white people, hard working white people" comments were not purposefully intended? Gotta get back to reality my friend.....the campaign trail is about you and will be about you but the other side of it is power, respect, prestige. Whatever politicians do and say during campaign trail is INTENDED to boost their electabilty. YOU PLAY TO WIN.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
I saw a poll on Fox News yesterday saying 87% of people think this new pastor will be a huge problem for him. Anybody else see that?

For all you Fox haters/Obamkins that I know will just have to chime in, check the ratings. Fox destroys everybody. Sometimes all of them combined. Could it be a vast right wing conspiracy manipulating the numbers? Or do we just not know any better? Racism, maybe? Try watching it before you attempt to belittle it. There's a reason half the country watches it.
Hahaha, very funny....of course it's gonna hurt him as we have learned so far from previous fox news polls that the following things have really hurt him

Bittergate - over 80% of fox news viewers said it would hurt
Rev. wright - over 90% said it would hurt him
Ayers - over 80% said it would hurt him
Now this???

Yeah, according to Fox News, this guy has been hurt so much....hurt so much that he will not win the nomination!

Sometimes i just wonder - what kind of people watch Fox News???

Old 05-30-2008, 01:51 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Check this out!!! WOW! « GretaWire (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/05/29/check-this-out-wow/ - broken link)

You mean inconsistent with letting the public know about what he has been hearing for years.
The most pathetic part of this video is not the comments made about white people, but the cheering from the people that they were in agreement with these hateful, racist comments.

This place is not a church. A true church preaches and thrives on love. This place thrives on hate. What an ignorant group of people, parading as a church.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:58 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
Since when does someone supporting a candidate or not supporting a candidate become the candidate. This is not Obama talking and Bill is not Hillary talking. Guilt by association is carried by ALL candidates. If you don't like what a candidate says, fine but stop putting other peoples words into the candidates mouths. This is clutching at straws to discredit the candidates. Every politician is surrounded by very seedy people, this does NOT mean they agree with them. When you hear the candidate say these things, then criticise them not say they know them , know them well so they agree with them If this was the case we would all be damned.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,185,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I just don't think it is a big deal. This guy was talking about Hillary and what is was saying pretty true and is what a lot of people have wrote on this forum about her. She I think thought that all she had to do was walk in and it was her's, like she was entitled. She did and does whine about everything blaming everyone for her loss. So how is what he said different from what others have said here. I'm not sure it should be said in the church but I don't think it is racial or anything else he is talking about Clinton and her behaviors. I 'm not sure after all this time and watching and listening to her and Bill and their whining and blaming everyone , that if I was in that chuch that day I may have clapped myself.
So you think she felt she was entitled because she was WHITE?

I think that is a great deal different than anything that has been posted on these boards.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:09 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
She just felt she was entitled. The colour problem only raised it's ugly head because Obama was mixed race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections