Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:57 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,851,735 times

Advertisements

All you Republicans need to get off the man's back. It isn't like he cares what you think of him because you have been bashing the man for decades for daring to speak up for the poor and oppressed in his community. And the few times he has went to jail to stand and fight the forces of evil that you folks so lovingly defend have not bothered him either. In fact nothing you Republicans do will ever bother Father Pfleger because he has given a lifetime of service to the very people you despise and curse everyday- the black, the brown, the oppressed, the hopeless and the homeless. And he is more than willing to give his life for the same people so if you want to shut him up, that is the only way you will do it. He will not shut up for the Republicans nor will he shut up for the Catholic Church who has tried many times to shut him up with no suceess.
He is everything a man of the cloth should be. He has done many wonderful things in his parrish and in the lives of those he has touched. We are all better off to have him. As for Obama, this is really the church Obama should have joined to begin with. I have been to this church twice myself and, while it is Catholic, it is not your typical mass. It is kind of like "mass on steroids" and you actually come out of it with some feeling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,857,019 times
Well, his boss has spoken:

Lynn Sweet: Cardinal George muzzles Father Pfleger. George rebukes Pfleger's pulpit Clinton hit.

Fr. Pfleger has done a lot for his parish and the residents of the southside of Chicago, but he went into foul territory. I'm glad that Cardinal George thinks so too ... now maybe some Catholic voters too.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:17 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,466,680 times
The guy is a sensationalist tool. Shows wonders that you support him, Kev. Or maybe not, I'm really not at all surprised.

Edit-The tool is a Catholic? That makes me want to vomit. How did the Catholics allow this man to become a father?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
If he insists on sticking his public nose where it doesn't belong I can only hope the IRS will soon be there taking his admission fee to the political arena.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:44 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,780,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All you Republicans need to get off the man's back. It isn't like he cares what you think of him because you have been bashing the man for decades for daring to speak up for the poor and oppressed in his community. And the few times he has went to jail to stand and fight the forces of evil that you folks so lovingly defend have not bothered him either. In fact nothing you Republicans do will ever bother Father Pfleger because he has given a lifetime of service to the very people you despise and curse everyday- the black, the brown, the oppressed, the hopeless and the homeless. And he is more than willing to give his life for the same people so if you want to shut him up, that is the only way you will do it. He will not shut up for the Republicans nor will he shut up for the Catholic Church who has tried many times to shut him up with no success.
"You Republicans" is a pretty broad term, KevK. I think you should reword your statement, from my own POV. It's admirable that you attempt to "speak" in his stead, "It isn't like he cares what you think of him...", but it would be better coming from the man himself. Of course, we are all armchair quarterbacks in the political world, are we not? Why don't YOU attempt to tell "You Republicans" YOUR thoughts in YOUR terms instead of yakking on and on about a man you probably do not intimately know? Or do you?

Quote:
He is everything a man of the cloth should be. He has done many wonderful things in his parrish and in the lives of those he has touched. We are all better off to have him. As for Obama, this is really the church Obama should have joined to begin with. I have been to this church twice myself and, while it is Catholic, it is not your typical mass. It is kind of like "mass on steroids" and you actually come out of it with some feeling!
Seems to me you prefer to characterize anyone/everyone who disagrees with the Democrats ideology as bumbling idiots, never thinking the same could be said of your group. "Everything a man of the cloth should be"? Please, give us all a break from your own self-serving rhetoric. A man of the cloth can have his say, yes, but not from the pulpit, please. The pulpit in a place of worship is not the place to rant and rave about politics, to needle, to instigate hatred, to embellish one's own reputation as a wannabe politician by flaming a politician on the other side of the issue(s). Get a soapbox in the town square, take off the collar, get the politics out of the church. Period. Be a man and stand up for what you believe outside the church, instead of using the cloth for a hidey-hole, maybe even a burqa.

FWIW, I do not attend church on a regular basis, a lot of the reason because of incidents such as this. I go to church on rare occasion for solace in troubling times, not to hear the rants and raves of some iconoclastic preacher wannabe.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:53 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
If you are defending his rants against Hillary Clinton, Kev, then
go for it.
What I want to know is why Obama does not leave that place. He is "disapointed"
in what this clown said??
If a priest or anyone else got up in church or on the stump and did that against Obama, you and all of the other supporters, the media, and Obama would be yelling your heads off. Sexism is real and reversed racism is real as well and seem to be shouted from the rafters of that "church"
Obama says he wants to unite, but his "church" wants to attact and cheapen
the gospel, by using it to spread hate.
Another reason why I am protesting against Obama.
He is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,460,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
If you are defending his rants against Hillary Clinton, Kev, then
go for it.
What I want to know is why Obama does not leave that place. He is "disapointed"
in what this clown said??
If a priest or anyone else got up in church or on the stump and did that against Obama, you and all of the other supporters, the media, and Obama would be yelling your heads off. Sexism is real and reversed racism is real as well and seem to be shouted from the rafters of that "church"
Obama says he wants to unite, but his "church" wants to attact and cheapen
the gospel, by using it to spread hate.
Another reason why I am protesting against Obama.
He is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill.
Sounds to me like Father Pfleger is everything a man of the cloth is supposed to be. I notice the way you speak of "reversed racism" and "sexism', but when the real racism rears it ugly head such as in WV or Ken. you and others like you, either ignore it or even try to defend it.

BTW, what's with this "protesting" of Obama? Are you attempting to show solidarity with the pathetic Hillary supporters outside the RBC meeting?

Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,780,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sounds to me like Father Pfleger is everything a man of the cloth is supposed to be.
How so, pray tell?

Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,851,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Well, his boss has spoken:

Lynn Sweet: Cardinal George muzzles Father Pfleger. George rebukes Pfleger's pulpit Clinton hit.

Fr. Pfleger has done a lot for his parish and the residents of the southside of Chicago, but he went into foul territory. I'm glad that Cardinal George thinks so too ... now maybe some Catholic voters too.
Cardinals have tried to muzzle him before. He only answers to God and nobody else.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,679,009 times
There is something not right about Chicago. People there have known about these charlatans for decades, yet they are tolerated. The Catholic Church tolerates this lunatic priest in their midst, yet nothing done until this debacle occurred at TUCC and was taped for the rest of the nation to view. And then just a little slap on the wrist by the head-in-the-sand Cardinal?? Guess the tolerance level for bad behavior of religious leaders pretty high there in the Windy City? Won't even venture into the KNOWN bad reputation of the politicians there. And ObamaBoy in bed with both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections