Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM

524 posts, read 839,252 times

Advertisements

If the bum didn't care what we thought, he wouldn't have bothered to apologize. Wright still hasn't.

He's an absolute disgrace to organized religion. A good preacher will never foster hatred & divisiveness like he does. He's a joke. A caricature of a man, at best.

I'm curious how big this guy's house is. I especially love it when these clowns proclaim they've "dedicated their life to the poor" but then build themselves friggin mansions. Have you seen Wright's house? Way to lead by example there, Mother Theresa.

Obama’s Former Pastor Getting $1.6M Home in Retirement - America’s Election HQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Meanwhile,the parishoners of countless small churches around the country, especially in the inner cities of Chicago, Philadelphia, LA etc are doing Jesus's work in humble silence.
And I believe those are truly the ones who will make it in the end.

I believe there's a special place in...well, I guess purgatory...for megachurch/megamoney ministers and their well-paid staff.

They preach about being for the poor and helping the poor...while helping themselves to an extraordinary salary as well as a lofty title in the church corporation.

Many megachurches have CEO's, COO's, etc. who live in million dollar homes while they claim to care so much for the poor.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
I believe there's a special place in...well, I guess purgatory...for megachurch/megamoney ministers and their well-paid staff.

They preach about being for the poor and helping the poor...while helping themselves to an extraordinary salary as well as a lofty title in the church corporation.

Many megachurches have CEO's, COO's, etc. who live in million dollar homes while they claim to care so much for the poor.
I agree here. No doubt Wright has taken the opportunity/and money from this church to live in fine style the rest of his life. $1.6 Mil for the house they bought him. Couldn't he have settled for less extravagant digs? 1/2 of that maybe? Think how far 1$ mil would go in that community.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
He is their god. And gods need to be housed royally, this is seen in many religions historically. Any group of people who worship the Only God authentically would have spit this loathsome creature out of their midst long ago. And anyone with a modicum of judgment and sanity would be able to see through his anti-Christian antics. These are self serving people and using him for their purposes and vice versa. As Obama did.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:04 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All you Republicans need to get off the man's back. It isn't like he cares what you think of him because you have been bashing the man for decades for daring to speak up for the poor and oppressed in his community. And the few times he has went to jail to stand and fight the forces of evil that you folks so lovingly defend have not bothered him either. In fact nothing you Republicans do will ever bother Father Pfleger because he has given a lifetime of service to the very people you despise and curse everyday- the black, the brown, the oppressed, the hopeless and the homeless. And he is more than willing to give his life for the same people so if you want to shut him up, that is the only way you will do it. He will not shut up for the Republicans nor will he shut up for the Catholic Church who has tried many times to shut him up with no suceess.
He is everything a man of the cloth should be. He has done many wonderful things in his parrish and in the lives of those he has touched. We are all better off to have him. As for Obama, this is really the church Obama should have joined to begin with. I have been to this church twice myself and, while it is Catholic, it is not your typical mass. It is kind of like "mass on steroids" and you actually come out of it with some feeling!
Republicans despise and curse the black, the brown, the opressed, etc.? You are a foolish person. Do you really believe this childish drivel? You do know that the evil Republicans/conservatives give more to charity than Dems/libs do, don't you?

And, by the way, nobody is telling that racebaiter to shut up. They are holding him to account for his thrilling sermon the other day...and they are looking very closely at the ties Eminem II has with Barry. It's looking very cosey between those two.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:34 PM

355 posts, read 990,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Republicans despise everybody that is not an upper class hetrosexual protestant white male. Why do you think they ban everybody that isn't from the country clubs? They might "use" some people who are gullible to their arguments- like Condi Rice, Joe Liberman and Gen Powell- but they will never be more than a face on TV with no real power and they will never play golf at the country club. This is the truth. They live in their own world and hang with their own kind. And yes they are a hateful bunch. You know how you can tell a Democrat from a Republican? When a Democrat drives down a country road and sees a dog, he will stop and rescue the dog. The Republican will swerve and try to hit the dog.
You have flipped your lid. I am an Independent and it's people like you who will encourage me to vote Republican. Nuttier than squirrel sh...

Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If you are referring to me, I'm white as is Father Pfleger. So stop acting like you have it rough being a white man this country, because I know you don't.

You have "black friends" yeah sure...what does that remind of? Oh I know...."some of my best friends are black."
You act like you know that poster or something! The most racist people I have ever met have been on the West coast. This Pfleger guy (I refuse to call him father) is a piece of liberal trash spewing more hate than the kkk!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,777,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
You act like you know that poster or something! The most racist people I have ever met have been on the West coast. This Pfleger guy (I refuse to call him father) is a piece of liberal trash spewing more hate than the kkk!
Please stop being dramatic; do you even know what the KKK says? If they had their way for a week, they would have dragged out some innocent Black person and string him up on a tree somewhere. Are any of these pastors suggesting that anything even remotely similar be done to White people?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:23 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, and we'll see ads of McCain hanging with Bush, Hagee and Parsley. I'm sure this picture will feature most prominently:

If this is what you compare to Barry's close friends your team is in deep doo doo.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,409,173 times
I am wondering why they are even considered churches and given exempt status. Where in the Bible does it discuss the 2008 presidential race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections