Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 03:17 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You'll be singing to the choir with that. Remember, McCain has a reputation of going against his party and crossing the lines to work with dems. He has evidence of that - Obama does not. None.

Go ahead and run against Bush. Lotta good it will do you, except to fire up the kook-left, which won't matter.
McCain used to have that reputation, no longer. Not with all the flip flopping he has done to align himself with Bush and the party

YouTube - McCain Flip-Flops On Tax Cuts

YouTube - McCain Flip Flops On His Cuba Position

YouTube - John McCain Flip Flops on Gay Marriage

YouTube - McCain Flip-Flops On Ethanol

YouTube - McCain Flip Flops - Sets Timetable For Withdrawal From Iraq
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 07:28 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
I actually thought Rev Pfleger's mocking speech was funny LOL

Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Actually it was funny. Because it clinched ObamaBoy's end. Finito. He is on a downhill slide...

Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
There is something not right about Chicago. People there have known about these charlatans for decades, yet they are tolerated. The Catholic Church tolerates this lunatic priest in their midst, yet nothing done until this debacle occurred at TUCC and was taped for the rest of the nation to view. And then just a little slap on the wrist by the head-in-the-sand Cardinal?? Guess the tolerance level for bad behavior of religious leaders pretty high there in the Windy City? Won't even venture into the KNOWN bad reputation of the politicians there. And ObamaBoy in bed with both.
There is something not right about Chicago? Are you serious? We have every snake oil selling minister on our TVs day and night and no one dares to shut them down! Their holy message, "Send me 100 dollars to sow the seeds of prosperity in your life!!!"

These rich men and women prey on the hopes and fears of the shut ins and poor, never caring about what it does to the families that send these ministers hundreds of dollars that they actually need in their own lives.

I watched Parsley the other day asking for money for his state of the art studio, did Jesus need a state of the art studio to start a revolution? I think not.

So before throwing stones at one church for being Charlatans, you better have a quarry ready to supply the stones for the rest.

Meanwhile,the parishoners of countless small churches around the country, especially in the inner cities of Chicago, Philadelphia, LA etc are doing Jesus's work in humble silence.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
He is a baiter that appeals to peoples hate just like hitler did. Barnum was right.His speech is just like the white supremeist movements just aimed at a different group. When people have no self worth many will always turn to this type of leader.Listening to him he is a priest and christian in title only.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Catholic Church can hardly rebuke a wonderful priest like this one while they spent decades tolerating child molester priest- moving them from one parrish to another to hide the crimes. Pfleger might hurt some feelings- many of them well deserved- but he has never harmed anybody.
He hasn't? What about his complicity in the murders of millions of innocent unborn (and some just-born) babies? By supporting pro-abortion politicians (Pfleger started Catholics for Obama and campaigned for Obama in Iowa) he is complicit in the holocaust that, to date, has killed over 50 million babies. Don't tell me he has never harmed anyone. That's like saying that the people who supported Hitler never harmed anyone. The man should be defrocked along with the homosexual priests who abused young boys. He is just as culpable even if you can't put a name on his victims.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:40 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
According to the findings of this report OPM Federal Minority Hiring Overview FY 2003 , black women have it pretty good.

Here's another report with a lot of facts and figures for you: http://www.opm.gov/About_OPM/Reports.../feorp2006.pdf
Bad example...those are government jobs. And only certain divisions. I can tell you that Black people have always aggressively sought government jobs because you don't need a network to get in. It's a whole different story in the private sector...which is much larger and offers more lucrative pay and advancement opportunities.

So yeah, Black women are still at the bottom of the totem pole.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:43 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Anyway, this was a total eye-opener for me. So blacks hate me simply because I'm white?
No Black people don't hate you because you are White; we just hate when White people complain about racism and would rather do and say anything rather than own up to reality and what is really going on out in this country right now....today. It's just really irritating and gets old. Especially when the information is out there and people would just rather remain in the dark about race-relations. Well that and people don't like being criticized nowadays in general.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:14 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Well if nothing else this campaign has end the old black people can not be racist thing. IOt came down with a loud boom.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:21 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Republicans despise everybody that is not an upper class hetrosexual protestant white male. Why do you think they ban everybody that isn't from the country clubs? They might "use" some people who are gullible to their arguments- like Condi Rice, Joe Liberman and Gen Powell- but they will never be more than a face on TV with no real power and they will never play golf at the country club. This is the truth. They live in their own world and hang with their own kind. And yes they are a hateful bunch. You know how you can tell a Democrat from a Republican? When a Democrat drives down a country road and sees a dog, he will stop and rescue the dog. The Republican will swerve and try to hit the dog.
Sorry, you're wrong. I'm a Republican. I'm also lower/middle class, white, and gay. Republicans aren't the only people that own country clubs. I wasn't aware that the ability to play golf was a requirement for either political party. Maybe you make up the truth as you care to see it. I've met all sorts of people at the local GOP meetings. From business owners to single mothers, the entire spectrum is represented. They've all been very nice to me even after I told them I support Ron Paul.

Maybe the Democrat should let nature take its course instead of making it fully dependent on someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections