Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,955,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
I saw a poll on Fox News yesterday saying 87% of people think this new pastor will be a huge problem for him. Anybody else see that?

For all you Fox haters/Obamkins that I know will just have to chime in, check the ratings. Fox destroys everybody. Sometimes all of them combined. Could it be a vast right wing conspiracy manipulating the numbers? Or do we just not know any better? Racism, maybe? Try watching it before you attempt to belittle it. There's a reason half the country watches it.
I really have tried watching FOX, I just don't feel that they offer a valuable perspective, and I certainly don't find the items that they present to be objective news stories. I do believe that 87% of their viewers feel that this preacher story is damaging, I would imagine that that a majority of their viewers probably lean republican or conservative, not neccesarily racist, but not exactly progressively minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 02:23 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,185,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Wow. All i see is bitter white folks in here. So nobody can say stuff, especially comic stuff about Hillary?

I'm white

I'm entitled to this.....

Ehhhhhhh, Ehhhhhhh

I'm Bill's wife

There's a black man stealing my show.

*And that's racist - you folks gonna need a lot more than this come this fall. On that note, this guy was really funny mocking Hillary. I just couldn't stop laughing
I can't believe you can't see how this is racist! He could have said:

"I'm 5'5"

I'm entitled to this

And there is a TALL man stealing my show."

See? And then it is no longer racist BECAUSE RACE ISN'T MENTIONED!!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:25 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,876,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Since when does someone supporting a candidate or not supporting a candidate become the candidate. This is not Obama talking and Bill is not Hillary talking. Guilt by association is carried by ALL candidates. If you don't like what a candidate says, fine but stop putting other peoples words into the candidates mouths. This is clutching at straws to discredit the candidates. Every politician is surrounded by very seedy people, this does NOT mean they agree with them. When you hear the candidate say these things, then criticise them not say they know them , know them well so they agree with them If this was the case we would all be damned.
Lets be VERY CLEAR. This is not guilt by association.....this is guilt by action on Obama's part. The action that he joined in this hate-filled congregation for 20 years and listened to this trash and the inaction that he did not have the judgement to say, "hey wait, this is wrong" and leave. 20 YEARS!!!! To me, that amounts to agreement with the congregation and poor judgement. Not the qualities needed for President of the US.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:39 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,305,122 times
I thought America separate the Church from the state.

Why are we making a Pastor comment a big issue?

What needs to be big issues with Americans are the fact that McCain supported a war that American was lied to.
We have high gas prices.
Most Americans can not afford Healthcare.
America is becoming a third world country.
People are loosing their homes and Jobs
Banks are not longer giving students loans
Most Americans can no longer afford to feed their families.

The only argument McCain want to have is about Iraq when we should have NEVER invaded Iraq. So he made a very bad judgement and his judgement is affecting every single American.

We have so many issues but yet for most the most important issue is what comment is made by a pastor.

I voted for Obama but I can careless about McCains's Pastor or Obama pastor.

This country is going down hill and instead of Republicans talking about America econmic they are only talking about winning a war that we do not need.

Who cares about winning a war when people can not feed their children. We have basic rights as humans which are food,shelter,water,healthcare. Due to McCain who's financial advisor is the main reason why many Americans are facing foreclosure.
Phil Gramm, McCain Co-Chair, Lobbied US On Mortgage Crisis While Advising Candidate On Economic Policy - Politics on The Huffington Post
McCain guru linked to subprime crisis - Lisa Lerer - Politico.com

These are the issues I am voting on. Not what a pastor say. America please think for yourself.
John McCain is taking advise on America Econmic from someone who destroyed the housing market. Now what kind of judgment is that. A very bad judgement.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:42 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,305,122 times
I think its racist when Bill made his racist comment in South Carolina.
How about Hillary when she say White working class is voting for her.

That is racist on her part. I have never seen the media made a big deal out of Bill's or Hillary's comment.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I am sure if it were reversed and Obama was being mocked about how he deserved to be President because he was blackie and oppressed by the slave masters over the years it would also be a hoot. Right! Get real!
I'm positive the blacks would enjoy this and they'd be telling us to get a sense of humor.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Lets be VERY CLEAR. This is not guilt by association.....this is guilt by action on Obama's part. The action that he joined in this hate-filled congregation for 20 years and listened to this trash and the inaction that he did not have the judgement to say, "hey wait, this is wrong" and leave. 20 YEARS!!!! To me, that amounts to agreement with the congregation and poor judgement. Not the qualities needed for President of the US.
I think this is the problem.

People are thinking that the problem is with the pastor BUT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE CHURCH! This is Obama's church for 20 years! They obviously invite and appreciate racist religious leaders.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:55 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,650,316 times
Some can't see the forest for the trees. And in actuality these "Christian" groups need to be taxed for what they are, hate based organizations masquerading as a "church". I see no separation here of politics and religion. Is really a disservice to taxpayers to have this continue any longer without the IRS heavily investigating these obvious infractions.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Why are we making a Pastor comment a big issue?
The Pastor isn't the issue. The issue is the CHURCH.

This particular pastor appears to be one of several that preaches similar stuff at the church. And this is Obama's CHOSEN church where he takes his wife and his little girls.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Quote:
What needs to be big issues with Americans are the fact that McCain supported a war that American was lied to.
We have high gas prices.
Most Americans can not afford Healthcare.
America is becoming a third world country.
People are loosing their homes and Jobs
Banks are not longer giving students loans
Most Americans can no longer afford to feed their families.
Oh good God! Where are you living, man? And who in the world has brainwashed you?

No one lied.

High, but not compared to other areas of the world. Look what happened when the FBI announced an investigation into market speculators? Oil dropped $8/barrel in one day.

MOST americans have health insurance.

Third World? You must be spiking that kool-aid with something. Have you looked around at how the other economies of the world are doing?

About 1-3% of homeowners could be losing their homes. The 97% are fine
No student loans? Care to supply a link that says ALL banks no longer give out student loans?

The last is just incredible ignorance. Where do you get this garbage?

Low unemployment, inflation under control, low interest rates, stock market is good, GDP in positive territory ( the last 2 months, grew .6 & .9, not great, but still nothing close to recession/depression/the US is imploding)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections