Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:06 PM

524 posts, read 840,014 times

Advertisements

I think we can all agree the rampant obesity we see everyday unequivocally disproves this statement: "Most Americans can no longer afford to feed their families."

Thanks for making me laugh, sanrene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 PM

289 posts, read 362,396 times
Obama people this is what these obama haters want. Lets just ignore this thread and they won't have anyone to argue with.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
I think we can all agree the rampant obesity we see everyday unequivocally disproves this statement: "Most Americans can no longer afford to feed their families."

Actually, jaybone, obesity is often a symptom of poverty because the poor will stretch their food dollars through cheap but filling starches and cheap meats. Frankly, fresh fruits and vegetables are quite expensive -- I grow my own because I can't afford to buy them regularly year-round. My little garden helps.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:02 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,304,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh good God! Where are you living, man? And who in the world has brainwashed you?

No one lied.

High, but not compared to other areas of the world. Look what happened when the FBI announced an investigation into market speculators? Oil dropped $8/barrel in one day.

MOST americans have health insurance.

Third World? You must be spiking that kool-aid with something. Have you looked around at how the other economies of the world are doing?

About 1-3% of homeowners could be losing their homes. The 97% are fine
No student loans? Care to supply a link that says ALL banks no longer give out student loans?

The last is just incredible ignorance. Where do you get this garbage?

Low unemployment, inflation under control, low interest rates, stock market is good, GDP in positive territory ( the last 2 months, grew .6 & .9, not great, but still nothing close to recession/depression/the US is imploding)
Where are you getting your information from.
I live in America not in other country. I am more concern with America econmic.

Where are you getting your information.
Ford is laying off 24,000 American employees.
Delta just layed off 3,00 employees.
In the next couple weeks you will see more major companies filing for Bankrupcies or layin goff more Americans which will destroy the housing market.
The stock market is not doing good.
The housing market is at an all time low.
People are coming out of retirement who are force to work because they can not afford to survive/live with out going back to work.
Cost of living is at all time high.
Food price is at an all time high.
The price for gas at the pump is at an all time low.

Gas prices inch closer to $4; oil gyrates - Oil & energy - MSNBC.com
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: UK News :: Price of food soars to all-time record
Area home prices fall again - The Washington Business Journal
Bangkok Post : Business news (broken link)
Serious Money: The falling dollar creates global pain -- Part 1 - BloggingStocks

The American Econmy is crap. Stop lying to your self please think and read. Why are you letting these Republicans brain wash you.

1 gallon of milk is about $4.00
1 loaf of bread is about $3.50
1 dozen eggs are bout $3.50

Last week I went to the groccery store and spend $47.00 dollars on just breakfast food alone. What is going on?
I see why Many Americans can not afford to feed their families.
Now this week I have to spend another $47.00 on break fast foods again.
Lets not talk about gas. Where I live regular at the pump is $3.96 cents. What is going on.
I would hate to pay for premium which is over $4.20 a gallon.

Everyday I wake up gas price only increase.
I think what should happen is the people who voted for Bush should pay the high gas/food/Health insurance price. Everyone else who voted Kerry should pay 4 yrs ago price for everything.

I did not vote for this idiot so I do not understand why I have to pay the price.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:11 PM

27,217 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Yes it can, the next rev. remarks came out.....

Obama’s Other Pastor Problem - Rev. Meeks | Sweetness & Light (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:5koXKXCyrA0J:sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-other-pastor-problem-james-meeks+obama%27s+rev.+meek&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us - broken link)

“We don’t have slave masters, we got mayors,” Meeks said then while preaching. “But they are still the same white people who are presiding over systems where black people are not able to be educated. You got some preachers that are house n——. You got some elected officials that are house n——. Rather than them try and break this up, they’re gonna fight you to protect that white man.”

Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post

Do you know anything.

Obesity is from eating junk food which is inexpensive foods. Maybe you can afford all the healthy foods but most Americans can not. People who eat junk foods gain weight those who eat healthy expensive food do not gain weight.

Sales of Spam rise as consumers trim food costs - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Healthy food getting more expensive - Diet and nutrition - MSNBC.com (broken link)

Old 05-30-2008, 04:25 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,614,799 times
I can't believe a minister would say the word "damn" as a slang word in church!

And to all of you DA's, The reason for inflation is devaluation of currency, this started WAY before "W" took office.
Obama is going to help that how? I'm voting for the constitution, not nanny govt.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:28 PM

I think some white people are shock to see an Educated black man. Some Whites created the system and is so shock to see a successful Black man beat the system.

Barack was raised by a single white woman. He was raised in poverty he beat the odds.
Black poor children have a 3% chance to go to college but yet we have a Black man who beat all the data that said a Black man can never become president.

He is very well spoken,educated and outgoing. He is opening doors for everyone.
Barack=The American dream.

I remember hearing some Republicans stating White people will never vote for a Black man. You know what to all those people who made such a nasty statement. Not all white people are racist. I think those Republicans forgot that some whites were against slavery. Some whites help build the underground railroad that freed plenty of slaves.

We forgot Barack is not 100% Black. He is 50% white,50% Black.
I think his Mother,grand parents are very proud of him. He beat all odds.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 PM

692 posts, read 1,733,132 times
When did priests start praying for one political candidate over another. Monsignor Jim Lisante also goes after Obama for staying at his church for 20 years. But the monsignor does not explain why he is still a member of a church that covered up child sexual abuse for decades. If he can question someone for staying on the rolls, he can be questioned about staying with a church that aloowed abusers to go free and innocent children to be hurt.

GOP Priest Attacks Obama In Invocation

GOP Priest Attacks Obama In Invocation - Politics on The Huffington Post

Old 05-30-2008, 04:31 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
We all sit at home watching films where people get murdered, tortured, abused and more. We watch this for years upon years upon years. We could switch it off. Does that mean that we all want to follow what the film does? NO! So Obama attended a church for 20 years with a prejudiced pastor. Does he have to follow what the pastor says? NO! We ALL listen and see things that instill hatred, fear etc but we don't "leave" either. Does that make us ALL hypocrites. YES! and please don't say we aren't running for President. We all affect many people everyday, our kids, family etc. Should we all be disqualified from being parents because we watch and see hate and violence, without turning it off? Let's get real and realise that we make our own minds up to what we believe, not by what we are submerged in but what we truly believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections