Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 04:34 PM

524 posts, read 839,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Actually, jaybone, obesity is often a symptom of poverty because the poor will stretch their food dollars through cheap but filling starches and cheap meats. Frankly, fresh fruits and vegetables are quite expensive -- I grow my own because I can't afford to buy them regularly year-round. My little garden helps.
While I agree with you in theory, in practice I disagree. You can feed yourself, and quite well, on a vegetarian diet for much, much cheaper than one that's meat-heavy. I'm only speaking from experience because during lean times that's what I did. (Thanks Ben Franklin!)

I grew up poor, in a poor neighborhood, and I wasn't fat, nor were my neighbors. If you eat 5 cheeseburgers & 2 slices of pizza everyday, I'm sorry, but you know what's going to happen. Even if you do wash it down with a Diet Coke.

In places where people are actually starving to death everyday - say, India or Africa, how many fat starving people do you see walking around?

Obesity is, with the possible exception of some glandular disorders, the natural byproduct of laziness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:35 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes it can, the next rev. remarks came out.....

Obama’s Other Pastor Problem - Rev. Meeks | Sweetness & Light (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:5koXKXCyrA0J:sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-other-pastor-problem-james-meeks+obama%27s+rev.+meek&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us - broken link)

“We don’t have slave masters, we got mayors,” Meeks said then while preaching. “But they are still the same white people who are presiding over systems where black people are not able to be educated. You got some preachers that are house n——. You got some elected officials that are house n——. Rather than them try and break this up, they’re gonna fight you to protect that white man.”
Sheesh! You mean this is just the start of Obama's preacher problems?

How many more racist preachers is he hiding in the closet?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:38 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
We all sit at home watching films where people get murdered, tortured, abused and more. We watch this for years upon years upon years. We could switch it off. Does that mean that we all want to follow what the film does? NO! So Obama attended a church for 20 years with a prejudiced pastor. Does he have to follow what the pastor says? NO! We ALL listen and see things that instill hatred, fear etc but we don't "leave" either. Does that make us ALL hypocrites. YES! and please don't say we aren't running for President. We all affect many people everyday, our kids, family etc. Should we all be disqualified from being parents because we watch and see hate and violence, without turning it off? Let's get real and realise that we make our own minds up to what we believe, not by what we are submerged in but what we truly believe.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:54 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Obama named these racists to official posts in his campaign AND he sent this priest out as a surrogate to rally Catholic voters in Iowa. If he didn't like what they had to say, then he would have kept them FAR AWAY from his campaign.

On the news tonight, they said when Obama was a state senator, he got that priest's church $100,000 for a community center. If the American people are stupid enough to elect him, he'll have his hands on billions of taxpayer dollars he can make sure gets to programs run by his racist buddies.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:56 PM

524 posts, read 839,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Do you know anything.

Obesity is from eating junk food which is inexpensive foods. Maybe you can afford all the healthy foods but most Americans can not. People who eat junk foods gain weight those who eat healthy expensive food do not gain weight.
Yes, I know a thing or two. Would you like me to explain to you how punctuation or sentence structuring works, smartass?

Healthy food is not more expensive than unhealthy food. That's the lazy person's excuse. Junk food, fast food, it's all more expensive than getting off your ass, going to the store, and shopping for yourself like an adult. Right now, I could go to the store, and for $3.00 I could get a few pounds of veg, or maybe a pound of beef, or a bag of friggin Doritos. If you choose the Doritos, it's because you're a dumbass, not because you're poor.

As I just said, you can live on a vegetarian diet for a ridiculously small amount of money. Instead of bitching about your predicament, find a solution.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

On the news tonight, they said when Obama was a state senator, he got that priest's church $100,000 for a community center. If the American people are stupid enough to elect him, he'll have his hands on billions of taxpayer dollars he can make sure gets to programs run by his racist buddies.
Oh no a community center! You're upset about a community center? A place for children to go after school instead of hanging out in the streets. Do you know what programs the center has for people in the community? Have people benifited from the center? Or are only concerned with trying to discredit Obama.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:20 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
Oh no a community center! You're upset about a community center? A place for children to go after school instead of hanging out in the streets. Do you know what programs the center has for people in the community? Have people benifited from the center? Or are only concerned with trying to discredit Obama.
I can just imagine what goes on at a community center run by the nutjob in question. "Entitled" white children likely wouldn't be welcome. That $100K should have gone to the Boys and Girls Clubs or some other worthy civic group.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:38 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,477 times
I said Hillary said that she can get working class white votes. Why didn't she just saying working class people. I think after reading all these postings that i guess if you really feel that these pastors are saying what Obama believes even though he said different then just don't vote for him.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:41 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,458 times
The video is hillary-ous!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
We all sit at home watching films where people get murdered, tortured, abused and more. We watch this for years upon years upon years. We could switch it off. Does that mean that we all want to follow what the film does? NO! So Obama attended a church for 20 years with a prejudiced pastor. Does he have to follow what the pastor says? NO! We ALL listen and see things that instill hatred, fear etc but we don't "leave" either. Does that make us ALL hypocrites. YES! and please don't say we aren't running for President. We all affect many people everyday, our kids, family etc. Should we all be disqualified from being parents because we watch and see hate and violence, without turning it off? Let's get real and realise that we make our own minds up to what we believe, not by what we are submerged in but what we truly believe.
So you would allow your two little girls (under the age of 10) watch films where people get murdered, tortured, abused and more?

YES! You should be disqualified as a parent! I think a LOT of people would have a problem with this!

And yes, this is the same as Obama taking his little girls to this racist church!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections