Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times

Advertisements

Check this out!!! WOW! « GretaWire (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/05/29/check-this-out-wow/ - broken link)

Quote:
"I regret the words I chose on Sunday. These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama's life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them."
You mean inconsistent with letting the public know about what he has been hearing for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 05:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,758,237 times
That guy is a guest preacher...so i don't know why you say he is Obama's pastor.

If that guy is Obama's pastor, then Hagee is McCain's Pastor also.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times
Obama: I have a deep faith :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Cathleen Falsani (http://www.suntimes.com/news/falsani/726619,obamafalsani040504.article - broken link)
Quote:

Friends and advisers, such as the Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of St. Sabina Roman Catholic Church in the Auburn- Gresham community on the South Side, who has known Obama for the better part of 20 years, help him keep that compass set, he says.
What compass would that be? Like the stuff on this tape?

Quote:
Another person Obama says he seeks out for spiritual counsel is state Sen. James Meeks, who is also the pastor of Chicago's Salem Baptist Church. The day after Obama won the primary in March, he stopped by Salem for Wednesday-night Bible study.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:34 PM

524 posts, read 840,505 times
Oh, man. This just keeps getting better and better.

How long will he keep publicly denying his racist views? He may as well just get it off his chest....

Thanks Sanrene!

Old 05-29-2008, 05:45 PM

580 posts, read 1,683,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That guy is a guest preacher...so i don't know why you say he is Obama's pastor.

I support Hillary Clinton

I know many people were offended by this video, and would be even shock to have their pastor invite a guest speaker who would say such. Somewhat it seems like Barack Obama pastor and that guest speaker both made remarks on Hillary Clinton and is sorta similar.... it would be interesting to see other guest speakers they had before I would jump to conclusions (although I think I've seen enough evidence to do so ) but something to look into.

Woot Hillary

Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,267,554 times
I hope this church doesn't enjoy tax exempt status. They're certainly engaging in political activity.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:15 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,864,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Nice try. Nothing like Hagee. And everyone knows it.

In fact everyone (even you Obamaphiles) just got the cherry on the sundae with this guy spouting his racist crap.

This is who Mr. Obama chose to associate with for 20 years. He was not "born" into that mess they call a church. No, he chose it because he likes the political power it conveys.

Barry is an empty suit and shows a shocking lack of judgement, don'tcha think?

John McCain is going to make this guy look like a fool.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,445,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Check this out!!! WOW! « GretaWire (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/05/29/check-this-out-wow/ - broken link)

You mean inconsistent with letting the public know about what he has been hearing for years.
Fox News, the American Spectator etc. why don't you try giving us a source other than the right wing? This is nowhere near as bad as Hagee, who claimed Hitler was an agent of God.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:35 PM

451 posts, read 1,229,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I hope this church doesn't enjoy tax exempt status. They're certainly engaging in political activity.

I do like Obama and thats who i"m voteing for, but this comment I support 100 percent. If any non profits take get involoved they should have to pay taxes.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:05 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,032,783 times
CNN just showed this video. I'm gobsmacked. The people at this church (including Obama) and the church itself have a real problem. Sheesh, I thought the purpose of going to church was to learn how to be a better, more Christian person. It seems as if this church gathers to make fun of others. Even Catholic priests, apparently, are going there to lead the mockery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections