Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 06:54 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Why do you wish to make it as inconvenient as possible for people to vote? If your party's platform was so wonderful, you should be trying to make it easier for people to vote so you can win. But that's not happening. Republicans of late have a hard time accepting the fact that a majority of Americans no longer want to be represented by them. They've gone completely off the deep end. It's time for this to stop.
Voting is already easy. Although it’s funny to me when Democrats whine and cry about how voting is apparently “so difficult” and needs to be made even easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 07:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Arizonans have been voting by mail for nearly three decades. Over 80% take advantage of the ease of making their choice. The only dark path in the last election was the unwillingness of the loser to accept the results.
+1 Arizonans have been voting by mail for 30 years and it has never been a issue until now. Once again the Republicans are looking for a solution to a manufactured problem.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:40 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
+1 Arizonans have been voting by mail for 30 years and it has never been a issue until now. Once again the Republicans are looking for a solution to a manufactured problem.
Yes, sort of. Republicans "invented" vote by mail in Arizona and backed it as long the analyses showed it favored their candidates.

The Republicans are looking for a solution to the problem of shrinking support for their agenda. The pattern in Arizona is the same as it is everywhere. Whenever they detect a surge in voters for their opposition, they move quickly to make it more difficult for that demographic to vote. We have seen it with mail in, early voting, souls to the polls, and convenient polling places and precinct-less voting. Their aim is clearly to win by cheating - making it hard to impossible in some cases for persons who might oppose them to even cast a vote.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:38 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Honestly, people are sick of this Democrat BS to subvert our elections, where we’ve taken away many of the safeguards in place “in the name of COVID” and now have a system where we just blast ballots out to everyone via the mail regardless of the messy condition of voter rolls in most states, harvest them (even in places where it’s not legal), and let anything and everything be “cured” regardless of what the signature looks like because OMG a question about a signature is “disenfranchisement.”

So I think everyone would appreciate a return to some semblance of normal, to pre-COVID procedures.
Tell me precisely what Democrats have done to subvert the voting process. There are tons of examples of Republican bills designed to make it difficult for people to vote. Give me an example of a bill passed by a Democrat which makes it difficult for people to vote.

You're attempt to turn this around and somehow make it an issue by Democrats is not working. People all over see exactly what Republicans are trying to accomplish here.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Should burning fossil fuel be a requirement for voting? I`m asking Republicans.

Old 03-30-2023, 10:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Tell me precisely what Democrats have done to subvert the voting process. There are tons of examples of Republican bills designed to make it difficult for people to vote. Give me an example of a bill passed by a Democrat which makes it difficult for people to vote.

You're attempt to turn this around and somehow make it an issue by Democrats is not working. People all over see exactly what Republicans are trying to accomplish here.
Name one example of Republicans making it harder for people to vote. Try not to be racist like most dems are by implying blacks are too worthless to vote on time or get a voter idea.

Old 03-30-2023, 10:26 AM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I've been voting the same and I don't live in AZ but there's never been an issue until now. Seems like if you don't like the outcome of an election, question the method. Pretty stupid way of thinking when there's been no evidence shown otherwise. And I mean confirmed evidence. It's pretty easy to manufacture evidence and post it in videos online. Everything can be manufactured these days to fit the narrative.

I hope they don't halt mail-in voting. It's been very convenient.

Old 03-30-2023, 01:12 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Name one example of Republicans making it harder for people to vote. Try not to be racist like most dems are by implying blacks are too worthless to vote on time or get a voter idea.
In Texas they're trying to take away the ability of college students to vote on campus. They want to make it illegal to vote on college campuses. Here's some more for ya:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ce-republicans

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/07/polit...oes/index.html

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...mocratic-wins/

Old 03-30-2023, 01:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Honestly, people are sick of this Democrat BS to subvert our elections, where we’ve taken away many of the safeguards in place “in the name of COVID” and now have a system where we just blast ballots out to everyone via the mail regardless of the messy condition of voter rolls in most states, harvest them (even in places where it’s not legal), and let anything and everything be “cured” regardless of what the signature looks like because OMG a question about a signature is “disenfranchisement.”

So I think everyone would appreciate a return to some semblance of normal, to pre-COVID procedures.
None of what you are so clearly terrified of has happened nor is happening. Get a grip on reality.

Old 03-30-2023, 03:14 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
None of what you are so clearly terrified of has happened nor is happening. Get a grip on reality.
Sorry, had to LOL at your use of “terrified.” I’m not terrified of anything.

Just saying that lots of states made last-minute changes to election law in 2020 (and cited COVID for the reason), some of which turned out be legally questionable. Because Joe Biden won, nobody cares to know if these last-minute changes actually influenced the election in some way.

I live in Colorado which has had mail-in ballots for awhile, but before that was implemented, they took steps to clean up the voter rolls and ensure safeguards were in place. When they implemented this, they didn’t just sloppily blast everyone with ballots, make a mess, and then claim that it was the safest, most secure election ever.

But I get it, we’re not allowed to ask questions about any of this or even say that maybe people would have more faith in the system if we weren’t making it so sloppy by actively removing any and all safeguards against fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections