Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 06:51 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,734,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I've been waiting for him to get into the game. I would be willing to listen to what his plans would be as President before dismissing him. He just might be a decent alternative to what is out there now.
You know what this is a lane worth paying attention to. Asa Hutchinson represents many of the traditional GOP values voters. He has an opportunity with the Evangelicals in the party. I know this because I grew up in a deep red state and my Mom 2X Trump voter multi-generation Kentuckian S. Baptist Sunday School teacher expressed to me today that she will go with Hutchinson. So I wouldn't write this guy off right out of the gate. It's kinda crazy out there right now and the wind can change directions rapidly. You may not like his politics but he appears to be a pretty decent human being. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 06:54 PM

23,580 posts, read 17,253,889 times
Why do these obscure no names think they are viable prez candidates??????

What a joke.

The guy is lost in delusion.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:47 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
You know what this is a lane worth paying attention to. Asa Hutchinson represents many of the traditional GOP values voters. He has an opportunity with the Evangelicals in the party. I know this because I grew up in a deep red state and my Mom 2X Trump voter multi-generation Kentuckian S. Baptist Sunday School teacher expressed to me today that she will go with Hutchinson. So I wouldn't write this guy off right out of the gate. It's kinda crazy out there right now and the wind can change directions rapidly. You may not like his politics but he appears to be a pretty decent human being. Just my 2 cents.
I guess it depends on how many Republicans are sick and tired of the Trump/DeSantis continual circus and would get off of their posteriors and vote in a primary. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who would be open to replacing Biden with a sane, sensible Republican who is actually interested in moving the country forward instead of Trump with his revenge thing and DeSantis with his culture war.

But then again, maybe I am the only one.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:13 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
I guess it depends on how many Republicans are sick and tired of the Trump/DeSantis continual circus and would get off of their posteriors and vote in a primary. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who would be open to replacing Biden with a sane, sensible Republican who is actually interested in moving the country forward instead of Trump with his revenge thing and DeSantis with his culture war.

But then again, maybe I am the only one.
A sane, sensible Republican would be branded a RINO, and that`s unfortunate.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:44 AM

17,676 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A sane, sensible Republican would be branded a RINO, and that`s unfortunate.
I suppose you think today’s Democrats are “sane and sensible”.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Compared to the thugs that beat up 130 cops in an effort to steal the presidency, they certainly are. Our last race for governor featured a Republican White Nationalist named Doug Mastriano who was at trump`s Steal The Election riot. Doug lost to the Democrat by 14%. Gubernatorial elections in Pa. have traditionally been close. Tom Ridge served 2 terms as governor here because he was nothing like today`s crazies. The Capitol rioters had the support of millions.
https://www.statista.com/chart/23886...riot-approval/

Old 04-04-2023, 08:28 AM
JRR

Quote:
I thought that this thread was about Asa Hutchinson who is running for the Republican nomination for President. Who said anything about Democrats?

Old 04-04-2023, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I thought that this thread was about Asa Hutchinson who is running for the Republican nomination for President. Who said anything about Democrats?
I did, because I'm tired of left wing lunatics whining about Republicans when the Democrats they put in office are literally nuts. I'm sorry you get miffed when I talk about the people you vote for.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:31 PM
JRR

Quote:
I did, because I'm tired of left wing lunatics whining about Republicans when the Democrats they put in office are literally nuts. I'm sorry you get miffed when I talk about the people you vote for.
So let's see: I would have voted for John McCain in 2008 until he added Sarah Palin to the ticket. I did vote for Mitt Romney in 2012. In 2016 my first choice was John Kasich and I voted for him in the primary. And now I have expressed my interest in Asa Hutchinson.

But because I would not vote for Trump for dogcatcher, I therefore am a left wing lunatic. I am sorry that you get miffed when I express interest on Republicans other than Trump as I see that you are a member of the Trump Party; not the Republican Party.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
So let's see: I would have voted for John McCain in 2008 until he added Sarah Palin to the ticket. I did vote for Mitt Romney in 2012. In 2016 my first choice was John Kasich and I voted for him in the primary. And now I have expressed my interest in Asa Hutchinson.

But because I would not vote for Trump for dogcatcher, I therefore am a left wing lunatic. I am sorry that you get miffed when I express interest on Republicans other than Trump as I see that you are a member of the Trump Party; not the Republican Party.
I didn’t mention Trump. But since you bring him up, he’s a far better option than the left wing lunatics you put into office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections