Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:56 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,275,601 times

Advertisements

I think she got coverage because she certainly turned heads. But those Hillary supporters who want to go to McCain now, I keep hoping Hillary will speak up and remind them gently not to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 05:57 AM

31,698 posts, read 41,178,320 times
Was she that wet hen that was so discussed in here. Looks like she is still soaking.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:58 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,275,601 times
The wet hen faction

Old 06-01-2008, 06:05 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,040,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
This woman has no clue about policy. Let her vote for McCain then she will become a 3rd class citizen. All because Hillary is a woman right. Wrong the Clinton's are feeding this BS to those poor people. I just can not believe some are buying into it. Sad really sad.
Good point. I felt sad for that woman, but since she decided to rant in front of a camera I guess it's ok to see some humor in it. Because she was getting carried away with the historionics, and I'm sure it was all for the camera... some moms really know how to work the angry guilt trip when they have an audience.

Reminded me of the mother in Everybody Loves Raymond. I expected her to start shrieking: "I take umbrage! I take umbrage!"

Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 AM

1,613 posts, read 2,646,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think she got coverage because she certainly turned heads. But those Hillary supporters who want to go to McCain now, I keep hoping Hillary will speak up and remind them gently not to do that.

She already did, at least twice as I saw. Once on the interview with Wolf Blitzer and the other in a speech after the WV victory (I think)

We'll see if some of the supporters who said they'd vote Republican will listen to her.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,602,562 times
what a racist nutcase

Old 06-01-2008, 07:38 AM

289 posts, read 363,219 times
There are a lot of hurt people out there right now. If they choose to vote for McCain then they are were never really democrats to begin with. There has to be a winner and a loser here folks. Just because your candidate didn't win and you are a true democrat then that is not enough IMO to turn on your party and run to McSame. Maybe some of these people didn't really care about the party and their policies to begin with. They only cared about a woman running. To me some of them should show some more respect for the hard work that their candidate did and stick by them. I think a lot of those protesters yesterday really showed disrespect for Hillary and her message. I thought I was watching my young children fighting back and forth. I didn't expect to see grown women act this way. Even Hillary I think would be disappointed in the way they acted.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 AM

I agree...their actions actually backfired and just made women look bad. For many HIllary supporters it was all about being a woman running for president....."screw what actually matters to the democratic party for the next four years....I want to see the first woman president"

Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 AM

1,613 posts, read 2,646,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
There are a lot of hurt people out there right now. If they choose to vote for McCain then they are were never really democrats to begin with. There has to be a winner and a loser here folks. Just because your candidate didn't win and you are a true democrat then that is not enough IMO to turn on your party and run to McSame. Maybe some of these people didn't really care about the party and their policies to begin with. They only cared about a woman running. To me some of them should show some more respect for the hard work that their candidate did and stick by them. I think a lot of those protesters yesterday really showed disrespect for Hillary and her message. I thought I was watching my young children fighting back and forth. I didn't expect to see grown women act this way. Even Hillary I think would be disappointed in the way they acted.

I was a little disappointed in what I saw myself. I don't seem to remember this kind of outrage during the 2000 Florida issue, but maybe I wasn't exposed to it like now. That was stealing an election, this is by no way compariable.

Hopefully the anger will subside and good sense will prevail (hopefully)

I was also disappointed at the guy at the end? I believe he is the top aide for Hillary? Passion I can understand, but I thought his behavior was out of line.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I was a little disappointed in what I saw myself. I don't seem to remember this kind of outrage during the 2000 Florida issue, but maybe I wasn't exposed to it like now. That was stealing an election, this is by no way compariable.

Hopefully the anger will subside and good sense will prevail (hopefully)

I was also disappointed at the guy at the end? I believe he is the top aide for Hillary? Passion I can understand, but I thought his behavior was out of line.
his behaivoir was devisive and is not an attempt to heal the democratic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections