Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hillary lost because she ran to many as Bill Clinton's wife and that she would bring him back and the good times HE represented. Not a pretty picture for the first Woman hoping to be president. Invoking the name and imagery of her husband to get nominated.
Oh yes, you're right...every single person in the U.S. felt exactly the same way about Hillary...everyone and you know because you asked everyone of them. Obviously only ONE reason...no more ...just one among millions of people...just one...no other reasons...just one....

Oh, and NO other president used any other politician(like their FATHER) to help them get into office...never ever...nope, never happened.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 AM

733 posts, read 4,656,217 times
Could it have something to do with the fact that the 2nd Adams presidency [John Quincy] was tainted by the circumstances of his loss of the popular vote to Jackson and the 2nd Bush presidency [starting from the same questionable premise] has been hugely unsuccessful?

Maybe the American people realize that successor political dynasties don't guarantee success - the 2 times it's happened have been fundamental failures....?

Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
She is not actually the loser yet as there is no winner. It is amazing how her campaign can manipulate the numbers and the rhetoric.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Lightbulb Did Hillary lose because she's a woman or a bad candidate?

She lost because she's a Clinton, first and foremost. She and Bill have been in America's spotlights for the past few months, reminding everyone what whiny, self-absorbed opportunists they truly are.

Secondly, her campaign strategists were caught wholly unprepared by the better organized Obamites and they failed to react properly to make adjustments.

The result? A prohibitive favorite has seen her huge leads in the polls, the media dotage, and campaign funds evaporate. And she's also talked herself right out of the veepstakes. An overall pitiful performance. America should be grateful that Obama exposed all of her weaknesses a step prior to her winning the presidency.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
The people that want to keep trashing Hillary are really funny
especially the Obama fans
look who you supporting??
A complete whimp who could not find his own butt with both hands.
Some of the highlights of some of his lies and half truths:
I love Rev Wright, I could never disown him
Oh now I disown him,not because of the trash he spewed, but because he
pissed me off!
I don't have to ware a flag
except now, I will have one where ever I go.
I am leaving my church, but not because I want to, but because the media is bothering the members.
There was no meeting with Canada.... four days later after a memo shows up, oh well we did meet with Canada, but it was not our fault.
Oh yeah, I really was given $100,000. more than I reported from Tony Rezko.
Yes, I bought the land from Rezko's wife while I was a seated senator and I knew he was under invesigation,and that was really a boneheaded thing to do.
Obama: complete jerk!!
and his wife is really, really proud of her country!
good grief!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
I don't know the advantage of male or female body parts in the White House. I do know when victimology is spouted, it turns me off and I'm a woman. Women are a majority. If they start acting like it instead of some hapless class of people, things will be better for them, all around.

If Senator Clinton does not win, she'll have a good shot in 2012, if there is a 2012, and as long as she's not Obama's VP. If Obama wins, and she's his VP, she'll never be President. He shouldn't offer it to her and she should decline if he does. The last thing he needs is Bill Clinton looking over his shoulder, second guessing him. The last thing she needs is to be tarnished by what I think may be the worst presidency of all time, foreign policy speaking.

I also feel, Obama should not accept a VP under her, if she won and it was offered, since Bill Clinton will be the de facto VP. Obama needs seasoning and wouldn't get it in a largely ornamental role.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:51 AM

430 posts, read 1,175,473 times
She lost because she didn't run a good campaign. For as many people that went with her because of Bill the same number didn't because of Bill. I also think she did herselg in as this went on by the wat she acted and trhe things she said. That is why I don't think she will be of any value as a VP either. It had nothing to do with being a women she just wasn't the right one.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:23 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,555,838 times
Hillary lost because she ran a very poor campaign. When She & Bill started the heavy handed stuff against Obama it cost her valuable endorsements and support. Even though Obama was riding a wave of media darling support... she should have taken the high road, showed her best side and focused on the positive. Instead, she turned negative- both personally & professionally.

She gave it all away.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 AM

289 posts, read 362,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
The people that want to keep trashing Hillary are really funny
especially the Obama fans
look who you supporting??
A complete whimp who could not find his own butt with both hands.
Some of the highlights of some of his lies and half truths:
I love Rev Wright, I could never disown him
Oh now I disown him,not because of the trash he spewed, but because he
pissed me off!
I don't have to ware a flag
except now, I will have one where ever I go.
I am leaving my church, but not because I want to, but because the media is bothering the members.
There was no meeting with Canada.... four days later after a memo shows up, oh well we did meet with Canada, but it was not our fault.
Oh yeah, I really was given $100,000. more than I reported from Tony Rezko.
Yes, I bought the land from Rezko's wife while I was a seated senator and I knew he was under invesigation,and that was really a boneheaded thing to do.
Obama: complete jerk!!
and his wife is really, really proud of her country!
good grief!
Wow you are a very negative person aren't you.

Wright = Hagee
Flag Pin = McCain & Clinton doesn't always wear one either
Church= His personal decision to leave. Now you can't hold that against him anymore can you
Canada= Check your records I am in Canada and Mr. Clinton was here the weekend before all this happened giving one of his million dollar speeches on the Columbia trade deal. Its been stated here that he started all this BS. Backfired though didn't it.

Funding= All candidates take money from people they shouldn't. Obama was the only one that gave it back.

Jerk= Some of these outrageous forum members that can not say a nice thing about anyone.

Wifes = Take your pick they are not running for President. Michelle explained that comment but that's not good enough for you folks. Nothing is good enough for you folks.

Fear = The republicans

Old 06-01-2008, 10:20 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,083,924 times
She lost because Obama won more delegates. In a democracy if Moses and Buddha were running, one would have to lose. It would not diminish the value of either person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections