Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 03:13 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Okay, how about we rescind the corporate tax cuts that Trump did that added three trillion to the debt? Let's start there. That will put a big dent in the debt, so no need to shut down the government. You okay with that? If you're serious about the debt and not just a Republican hack you should agree with that.
and why would We want to "rescind" the corporate tax rates that gives incentives for American companies to return to America and stay? unless you are for China and outsourcing American jobs.

The government received the most revenues in history to the government after Trump's tax cuts because the money moves in the U.S. economy instead of staying in foreign countries. The problem is not the tax cuts from the people that creates the economy because the money moves around. The problem is government spending. If you want to tackle the debt then you want to deal above all government spending which you are crickets about like all Democrats are.

The debt was added during the COVID and after and that was a bipartisan effort. It didn't matter if Hillary or Trump were in the W.H. in 2020, the massive spending approved by Pelosi and Schumer was passing regardless who was President. Democrats wanted more spending by giving stimulus checks to illegals and extend the unemployment benefits for another year with a bunch of freebies but crickets from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Same here...so dumb if they nominate Trump but it looks more likely everyday... I have no party affiliation and would have to vote for Biden again...just lesser of two evils! That's not accurate Trump is evil, Biden just well past his prime...

No, you don't have to vote for Biden. Biden is a lifetime corrupt politician since 1973 that is letting others push WW 3 under his nose and he does nothing. To say Trump is more evil than Biden shows that is really clueless.

For you to say that the only problem with Biden is his age shows We live in a country of low information voters and We are the laughing stock in the world. I have a long list of Biden's corruption and bad policies after bad policies from Biden since I was 2 years old and I'm 52 years old today.

Do people really believe what they write?

Old 09-12-2023, 03:38 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
No, you don't have to vote for Biden. Biden is a lifetime corrupt politician since 1973 that is letting others push WW 3 under his nose and he does nothing. To say Trump is more evil than Biden shows that is really clueless.

For you to say that the only problem with Biden is his age shows We live in a country of low information voters and We are the laughing stock in the world. I have a long list of Biden's corruption and bad policies after bad policies from Biden since I was 2 years old and I'm 52 years old today.

If you have a long list of verified sources establishing Biden's corruption, please share it. It's exhausting having people hurl unsubstantiated accusations but with complete confidence that they're true, but also ignore corroborated and well-substantiated accusations against others claiming it's conspiracy.

I don't love President Biden, and I assume a significant number of people in either House chamber are guilty of some measure of inappropriate if not borderline illegal activities, but claiming outright corruption is next level stuff.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:11 PM

23,980 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
If you have a long list of verified sources establishing Biden's corruption, please share it. It's exhausting having people hurl unsubstantiated accusations but with complete confidence that they're true, but also ignore corroborated and well-substantiated accusations against others claiming it's conspiracy.

I don't love President Biden, and I assume a significant number of people in either House chamber are guilty of some measure of inappropriate if not borderline illegal activities, but claiming outright corruption is next level stuff.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:22 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,911,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

“In the third year of his presidency, U.S. President Joe Biden receives mostly positive reviews from publics around the world. Across 23 countries in a new Pew Research Center survey, a median of 54% express confidence in Biden, while 39% say they lack confidence in him.”

Old 09-12-2023, 04:39 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Well, so far, the only Democrat I know of that would run is Biden. I'm not aware of any other Democrats wanting the nomination right now but given all the Republican loonies that are trying to get nominated, yeah, even I think Christie is the sanest one out there at this point. And I never thought I'd hear myself saying that.

Old 09-12-2023, 06:28 PM

9,171 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
“In the third year of his presidency, U.S. President Joe Biden receives mostly positive reviews from publics around the world. Across 23 countries in a new Pew Research Center survey, a median of 54% express confidence in Biden, while 39% say they lack confidence in him.”
With the massive exception of the Afghan withdrawal debacle (which I believe had a significant role in Putin's decision to invade Ukraine because it made Biden look weak), Biden has done ok with foreign policy. I remember him as a Senator that was interested in foreign affairs. He is far from perfect, but he has shown he is able to build coalitions with other nations. I think the positive reviews from overseas that you mention is coming from that.

Which is why his domestic policy looks a chaotic disaster in contrast.

Old 09-12-2023, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post

You either have to love him or just blind if you are going to defend him on his outright corruption and his family. The same for Nancy Pelosi and her husband with stock trades.

The definition of corruption: dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery: Bribery refers to the offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving of any item of value as a means of influencing the actions of an individual holding a public or legal duty.

Now tell us that from 1973 to present that Biden didn't take 1 penny on all the bills he sponsored or pass or family received any benefit from his political leverage. What do you need, an actual confession?

Old 09-12-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
think Christie is the sanest one out there at this point. And I never thought I'd hear myself saying that.

More donor propaganda. From the candidate that wants to Declare no-fly zone in Syria and enforce against Russians. (Push WW 3). He said: America is strongest moral power for what is good and right. He also said: "I won't deal with or even meet with countries that hate us."

Is that what you call a "sane" foreign policy? Are you enlisting and ready to fight and die to back up your words because Jabba and the people that bought him off are not fighting but will send others to die.

Christie is basically a Fat Bush with a Jersey mouth. Did you called W Bush the sanest from 2000 to 2008? I doubt it but here you are. Some people in the forum are donors or don't know anything about the candidates they all of the sudden push.

Old 09-12-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post

Now do the other polls. RCP average of all polls has Biden 54% disapproved and 42% approved. Direction of the country: 64% wrong direction to 25% right direction.

RCP average on Biden on the issues:

Economy: 58% disapprove 38% approve

Foreign policy: 56% disapprove 40% approve
Immigration: 61% disapprove 33% approve
Inflation: 64% disapprove 33% approve
Crime:58% disapprove 36% approve

What issue the people have confidence in Biden, again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections