Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:18 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,651,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I guess you are having a difficult time differentiating between a Poll and this;
And the difference between this as an acceptable method vs. phone polling would be what? Since you inferred there is a bias, how so? What makes this poll less reliable than the rest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 AM

6,351 posts, read 10,009,700 times

Even with all of that, Obama is still, like I said, WINNING WHERE IT COUNTS, i.e., in swing states. Virginia might even go Democrat this year, not to mention Ohio, New Mexico, and Iowa.

How the hell is it that, with the Dems beating each other up and McCain having two months to run unopposed, that McCain still is not winning by a sizeable margin? Like I said, if he isn't winning now, how the how can he win after the convention and Obama has a running mate and the party has a chance to re-unite?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:01 PM

413 posts, read 784,706 times
Why can't liberals take their neo-cons back? Conservatives don't have a single candidate running for Presidency. I have a suggestion. The two parties could merge into the "People's Democratic Party of America".

Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
From Rasmussen Markets - not a poll. Just speculators, kinda like the options markets, if you will.

But, like I said, if you look at the state to state POLLS, Obama is winning. All he needs is two of the swing states (which do not count Virginia, that mcCain is now winning by only three points, has a huge black population, and is going to vote for Democratic senateorial candidate Mark Warner by a huge margin)

If McCain can't win against a divided democratic party now...how can he win against a united democratic party in November?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Even with all of that, Obama is still, like I said, WINNING WHERE IT COUNTS, i.e., in swing states. Virginia might even go Democrat this year, not to mention Ohio, New Mexico, and Iowa.

How the hell is it that, with the Dems beating each other up and McCain having two months to run unopposed, that McCain still is not winning by a sizeable margin? Like I said, if he isn't winning now, how the how can he win after the convention and Obama has a running mate and the party has a chance to re-unite?
That's exactly right.

It's a sign of McCain's weakness that he's not trouncing Obama - even during Obama's most vulnerable hour.

Ken

Old 06-02-2008, 01:05 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,172,484 times
But the fact is they were much higher but have dropped steadly. Gore and kerry had a much higher chnce at thsi point and were in fact has mcuh as 30 points ahead.He is assuming that Obama can unit the party which he has failed to do and in fact has liitle suppoot from the core ;the working clas whte voter. He has more problems than Mccain has with the conservative core he started out with.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:06 PM

315 posts, read 762,939 times
Obama will not only lose because of the white vote but thier are also asians and latinos whom the marjority do not care about any of the hype surrounding obama. The only votes obama is guaranteed are the weak minded blacks who need a leader.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:14 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But the fact is they were much higher but have dropped steadly. Gore and kerry had a much higher chnce at thsi point and were in fact has mcuh as 30 points ahead.
Think so?

June 26th 2000 - Bush 50% Gore 38%
Poll: Bush holds steady lead over Gore - June 26, 2000

In June 2004 Bush and Kerry were more or less tied.

And they weren't still nearly neck and neck with another Democrat at the time.

Oh, and just to put that in perspective:

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Obama and McCain currently neck and neck.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 06-02-2008 at 01:32 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 01:28 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,211,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
Why can't liberals take their neo-cons back? Conservatives don't have a single candidate running for Presidency. I have a suggestion. The two parties could merge into the "People's Democratic Party of America".
Amen. The neocons have destroyed the GOP. Maybe they'll tackle the DNC next. Getting Hillary elected would be a great start.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
Obama will not only lose because of the white vote but thier are also asians and latinos whom the marjority do not care about any of the hype surrounding obama. The only votes obama is guaranteed are the weak minded blacks who need a leader.

Yat another nay-sayer who is in denial. I ask this: If Obama can't win white voters, than how did he win Utah, Idaho, Vermont, Maine, Oregon, and Alaska? He also won the MAJORITY of the latino vote in Virginia, and MAJORITY of the Asian vote in Hawaii.

Like I said...blame in on "the vast left-wing conspiracy" bussing blacks into Utah and Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections