Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times

Advertisements

The growth rate has gone up to 2%, which shows the economy to be moving in the right direction. This positive news has pushed Obama's chances of winning reelection to 73%. Of course, you will not here this on Fox.

Oct. 24: In Polls, Romney's Momentum Seems to Have Stopped - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
I heard it on Fox and NPR both this morning.

But by the way, NPR elaborated that 2% is still crawling. Not good enough to significantly affect the unemployment rate in itself. If unemployment goes down, it will be because more people stopped looking for work.

But spin it however you want for The One....

Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

But by the way, NPR elaborated that 2% is still crawling. Not good enough to significantly affect the unemployment rate in itself. If unemployment goes down, it will be because more people stopped looking for work.

You heard it on Fox that Obama has a 73% chance of winning??? I doubt that.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You heard it on Fox that Obama has a 73% chance of winning??? I doubt that.
No, the GDP number. Not your partisan buddy's math prediction.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
haha, rehasing the same link from the other day, and then attributing it to news out today.

FAIL!!

Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
No, the GDP number. Not your partisan buddy's math prediction.
You you don't like statistics and math? Don't be afraid of Science and Math...they are your friends. Fox doesn't like Science and math either, which is why I knew you did not hear it from them.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
haha, rehasing the same link from the other day, and then attributing it to news out today.

FAIL!!
No. The other day the prediction was 71% and now it is 73%. Keep up.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 AM

32,116 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:

I love the simplicity with which Republicans approach complicated issues.

"You see, you cut taxes. Then the job creators have more money. Then the job creators use that money to create jobs. Presto!"

Hmm...I wonder how Obama could have possibly overlooked taking the politically popular route of cutting taxes (), igniting economic growth, and all but guarantee himself re-election with 75 percent of the popular vote. Clearly some of the people on C-D need to quit their HR jobs at Staples and Blue Cross-Blue Shield and join the Council of Economic Advisors.

No, a decline in the unemployment rate does not necessarily mean that "more people stopped looking for work." I understand the simple appeal of that line of thought, which is similar to comparing your $1,800 checking account at Bank of America to our trillion dollar federal budget and capital/current account, but the picture often gets more complicated than that.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 AM

756 posts, read 714,781 times
Where are ya gettin' this "73%" from, hot?

Wish it was true, but there are way too many morons in the electorate to put BO's chance that high, imo.

Intrade has him at about 62% as of this morning ... which seems more realistic to me...

Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You you don't like statistics and math? Don't be afraid of Science and Math...they are your friends. Fox doesn't like Science either.
Yawn. Can't come up with anything fresh?
Does NPR not like statistics and math either?
By the way, I've got graduate level education in statistics and undergrad in hard science. But I know many on the far left have this idea that they are smarter than everyone else, so I'll forgive you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections