Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 06:59 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Cheney only lost her seat after refusing to join the Trump Train. Prior to 2022 she was elected three times with a 65-70% winning vote. The only thing that changed was getting on Trump's bad side and his disciples then suddenly did not like her any more.

It truly is like some weird cult where Trump can tell people what to think and do. Like create the narrative that a popular Liz Cheney is the devil incarnate and they follow right along as the only thing that matters is Trump.
Ay yai yai, turning yourself into a bit of a pretzel with that post. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. Cheney lied through her teeth targeting Trump, her father hates him so she does too. Was willing to falsely accuse Trump and his supporters as vice-chair of the J6 Select Committee. Democrats made sure to get their buddies at the networks to televise it during primetime right before an election. Cheney hurt Republicans running for office by doing so.

You lefties live in some bizarre alternative universe believing that Trump supporters are part of a cult. It's ridiculous. The only reason people support Trump is they know he gets it more than any other politician. He's not perfect but he did a better job as president than anyone else since I've been alive, 1965. No other president has cared as much about the every day American during my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2023, 07:04 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You lefties live in some bizarre alternative universe believing that Trump supporters are part of a cult.
They are.
Quote:
It's ridiculous. The only reason people support Trump is they know he gets it more than any other politician.
No he doesn't. In fact he doesn't "get" anything at all. He is probably the most clueless president we've ever had. There are plenty of other republicans who have the same or similar policies as Trump, but the Trumpers are just so enamored with him (because it's a cult) they refuse to accept anybody but him. It is blatantly clear Trump could mow down a crowd of people with a machine gun, caught on video with thousands of witnesses, and Trumpers would insist he's innocent.

Quote:
No other president has cared as much about the every day American during my lifetime.
LOL. As I said, yes, it's a cult.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:05 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Of course in the eyes of Trump's disciples he has a get out of jail free card forever. No matter what the charge and proof they will always see them as bogus. That is just how it works in Trumpland.
Long live TDS.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:13 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Serious as a heart attack. The way you feel about Biden is how I feel about Trump.
Why? Biden is a braindead puppet who’s admin is intentionally destroying the country.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:30 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Ay yai yai, turning yourself into a bit of a pretzel with that post. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. Cheney lied through her teeth targeting Trump, her father hates him so she does too. Was willing to falsely accuse Trump and his supporters as vice-chair of the J6 Select Committee. Democrats made sure to get their buddies at the networks to televise it during primetime right before an election. Cheney hurt Republicans running for office by doing so.

You lefties live in some bizarre alternative universe believing that Trump supporters are part of a cult. It's ridiculous. The only reason people support Trump is they know he gets it more than any other politician. He's not perfect but he did a better job as president than anyone else since I've been alive, 1965. No other president has cared as much about the every day American during my lifetime.
Once again, tell me why it is I am a "leftie". Just because I do no think Donald Trump is fit to be President? Is is that in your world there are only two types of voters; Trump supporters and "lefties"?

Old 12-10-2023, 08:34 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Why? Biden is a braindead puppet who’s admin is intentionally destroying the country.
That is your opinion. In my opinion, Trump is mentally unfit to be President and will do whatever it takes to get back in power, which is the only thing that matters to him. I'll take Bidens slowness any day to Trump's deranged ramblings.

Old 12-11-2023, 03:36 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Could not that same argument be used when it comes to the avid MAGA voters?
No.

Old 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Yeah, I'm not sure what the point is for coming out swinging at Haley. Both DeSantis and Ramaswamy did that. So they disagree with her and don't think she's a good candidate. She's too close? who knows? I think it does the 'party' a disservice to completely bash your opponents like that. Have the dialogue, civilly, and let the voters decide.

Old 12-11-2023, 06:05 AM

6,450 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
He is beating him on all polls and all battleground states. That's how much in trouble Joe is. You can make those 91 felony charges to 999 charges and it doesn't make a difference. The majority of Americans think it's political and their #1 issue for 2024 is the economy but keep spinning like a yo-yo. It's amusing.
I agree, and first of all, the Dem supporters keep chanting about the "charges" against Trump. They forget that "charges" are simply accusations, no more, no less. Until they become PROVEN, they're simply differing opinions, and unsustainable opinions don't get you convicted of anything.

Secondly, in their blind dislike of Trump, they're willing to overlook all of the miscues and mistakes of Biden, and how he's selling out the US to China; how he got US military personnel killed in that botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, which also left billions of dollars in "high-tech", American equipment behind, which is now being used against us; how his open border policy is flooding the US with questionable people, and those people are expecting to be supported; and how overall, his policies are creating massive inflation.

Yeah, Biden is a real "peach"..................

Old 12-11-2023, 06:07 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,509,475 times
The problem with the term America First is that it was used by the Klan in the 1920's and the Neo-fascists in the US in the 1930's. It's a dog whistle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections