Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 09:06 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
out of 3.2 million registered GOP members only 700k showed up to vote. Between 22 and 25%. He cannot get his supposed base out (35%).
Haley will be the last standing once the convictions start coming.

Your bolded claim is a flat out lie. There are only 3.25 million registered voters TOTAL in SC and you are trying to claim they are all Republicans. It was close to or a record turnout for the SC Republican primary. Over 760k, not 700k.

Only 4% of registered voters, 131,000, turned out for South Carolina's democratic primary.

Old 02-25-2024, 12:25 PM

9,980 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
When it all comes down to the final verdict of Biden vs Trump ,the Democrats still on the trump cards...Mail in ballets and 'hanging Chad's
I hate this new "mail-in ballet" trend. A Renaissance-inspired dance routine must really be seen in person to be appreciated.

Old 02-25-2024, 02:31 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
As long as democrats are the one cheating
Still not cheating. No matter how many times you parrot it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yet your plan still didn't work, Haley lost.
Wasn't my plan. I don't live in South Carolina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not cheating but yet it is still scam voting.
Is a vote valid only when it goes to the person you approve of? How is making a legal, legitimate vote a "scam"?

Old 02-26-2024, 11:01 AM

59,036 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I was listening to talk radio in the car so I have no link. But they were talking about the SC Republican primary. One guy said they will ask you when you enter if you wish to vote Republican or Democrat. I didn't think SC was offering this but evidently they are.

Dems can choose to vote Republican. So here the dems are again voting for Haley, not because they want her to win in 2024, but they want to push Trump back. It didn't work so well in New Hampshire and don't think it'll work in the Trump state of SC.

I'm sure Haley knows this. She can't be that dumb not to know what's happening. She should just drop out. I'm so sick of all her emails, texts, postcards everyday in the mail, etc. She is spending that money for sure. I just keep deleting and tossing in the trash.
Didn't work out to well, did it!

Old 02-26-2024, 11:15 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How is making a legal, legitimate vote a "scam"?
I don't truly believe that you need it spelled out but just so there are no excuses...

They weren't voting their values. It was tactical voting with the intent of affecting the outcome of an election held by a party they neither are a member of nor hold its values.

It's a lie. Lies are dishonest. Being dishonest in any contest is cheating.

No more excuses.

Old 02-26-2024, 11:17 AM

9,502 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't truly believe that you need it spelled out but just so there are no excuses...

They weren't voting their values. It was tactical voting with the intent of affecting the outcome of an election held by a party they neither are a member of nor hold its values.

It's a lie. Lies are dishonest. Being dishonest in any contest is cheating.

No more excuses.
Republicans in SC want open primaries to go away. There was even a question on the ballot to get the legislature to bring up changes. But they won't because the powerful in the SC like it.

Is it "cheating"? No. Haley even sent letters to Dem votes encouraging them to vote Saturday, knowing they most likely will not support her in the General.

Old 02-26-2024, 12:21 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
It is not illegal, of course. However, I will not say it is not dishonest. For me, it is like going into brick and mortar, trying on shoes and clothes to know your size, and then ordering the items online because the prices are lower.
Did you think it was dishonest when Republicans did it in 2020? (A similar % of the 2020 Dem Primary was made up of Republicans as the 2024 GOP Primary was made up of Democrats)

Do you think it was dishonest when Rush Limbaugh pushed for "operation chaos" in 2008?

Do you think its dishonest if someone prefers Candidate A (regardless of party) and would vote for candidate A over candidate B or candidate C in a General, but votes for candidate B in a Primary over candidate C, due to them being able to at least stomach candidate B and absolutely despising candidate C?

Old 02-27-2024, 08:54 AM

10,015 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What exit polls did you see? He certainly won the vast majority of categories, but the exit polls I have seen had Democrats as too small of a % to list out, Haley winning college graduates and Independents
The NY Times was the main site I followed, so it must have been there. It was in a bar graph form.

Old 02-27-2024, 09:24 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The NY Times was the main site I followed, so it must have been there. It was in a bar graph form.
What I saw on the Times was Precinct level results and also broke the vote down by the overall dynamics of the Precinct, which is a bit different than what you see through exit polls. For example they listed precincts in strong Biden areas, but that doesn't mean they are Democrats voting. Link is below.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...precincts.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections